Chapter 14: The Guild Master
33 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

"Mr. Chua, we require your energy signature on this crystal tablet, if you don’t mind." Cole carefully requested the guest while Roxie shifted her gaze upon hearing the mention of 'my father'.

She should not be any more surprised considering their continent also had many powerful beings including immortals who would not get old in appearance. But it was still rare for her to see a young-looking immortal, whom she believed to have an adult offspring, whose appearance was stunningly handsome.

While she disliked not seeing the recent young man in her eyes, out of courtesy, she approached the couch towards another youthful-looking man, who rose from the seat to meet her.

She noticed the white shimmering garb, which seemed very exquisite. 

As a secretary of a guild master, she knew what materials were used as she was exposed to trades of goods and even exotic and expensive items such as artifacts, weapons, pills, medicinal herbs, and potions.

Sigmund marked the similarity of exchanging greetings in this world to his previous world. He believed that social interactions might have variations but there were still similarities in gestures from one civilization to another. 

This civilization was in a higher universe but he sensed that the way to meet and interact with guests was not wholly different than what he was used to in the previous universe he came from.

He eyed the lady while checking her stat, displayed in concealment.

[Roxie Sylvan]

Age: 35

Soul Force Units: 2,000

Level: Rank 3 mage assassin

MP : 1,800

HP : 550

XP : 110

Strength : 130

Wisdom : 150

Agility  :  60

Intelligence  : 210

Dexterity :  40

Control  :  20

Expertise:  Shadow magic

Weapon of choice:  daggers

Tools equipped:  storage ring

                            2 daggers

Seeing the lady approaching, he placed his right palm to his chest but did not give a bow. He instead gazed at the pair of eyes of the lady, whose honey-colored irises were covered by a pair of thick eyeglasses.

By checking her stat, Sigmund instantly shifted his scheme to deal with her… in an amicable way he could muster.

'So eyeglasses were still present in this world. I wonder why she did not take a pill to remedy the eyes. Hmmm… it seems it is a tool to scan people.' Sigmund silently remarked.

As a God-rank magus, he definitely knew things as he gazed at them. It was no different this time as Roxie was attempting to adjust the function of her eyeglasses with her consciousness as she initially saw question marks on the other person's level of soul force. It was similar when she eyed the first young man with a seductive gesture.

She masked her surprise as she greeted with enthusiasm. "It is very pleasant to meet you, Mr. Chua. I can accompany you to the guild master's office. Let's head on to the receptionist area to finalize your registration. I assure you it will be very quick."

Sigmund complied as he took the process with patience.

It was indeed as she told.

A ball of crystal sent a beam of light to his eyes. In just seconds, both of his palms left the crystal tablet on the table of the receptionist.

Sigmund prepared for this eventuality. He already configured his attribute levels with the help of Darwin. He let the type of information he wanted to be imprinted on the system, the guild used utilizing the crystal tablet.

But when he was about to pivot towards the staircase to the second floor, Cole, the receptionist released a gasp, exposing his astonishment.

The secretary was also bewildered upon briefly seeing the display of the results. But then, she did not want to appear rude as she immediately ushered the guest toward the second floor for Mr. Berry's office.

Sigmund checked the material used for the staircase. White marble was still the primary material, but when he stepped on the first staircase, he sensed the presence of spirit crystals.

He figured the crystals to have been embedded when the staircase was crafted. The functionalities ranged from producing calmness for the visitors but also surveillance.

He believed the concealment of the materials was part of the security feature. As for the other functionality, the crystals would emit light to form nodes of protective formation, which, when activated, would trap targeted individuals or groups or protect the employees of the guild from certain attacks.

Regardless of the functionalities of the crystals and the security features, they could be easily bypassed for beings at the God-rank level.

Aside from the staircase, Sigmund also noted the decorations of the walls. There were paintings in four corners as well as a perfectly-preserved carcass of a huge python at the ceiling.

For first-time visitors at the mortal level or lower-ranked beings with mana or spiritual energy, an initial glimpse of that weird adornment could frighten their psyche.

The guild seemed to have that purpose as Sigmund detected fluctuating spiritual energy that could induce hallucination.

As for the paintings, they were intricately crafted to be incorporated into the guild's security features.

As the party arrived on the second floor, a living room adorned with elegant decorations on the walls and luxuriously designed couches highlighted with golden lights in accentuation with the golden-hued items, conveyed certain impressions to the guests. 

The guild master's secretary, however, did not intend to capture the guests' reaction this time as she gracefully informed the guests to settle down on the couches while she proceeded to the room to hastily relay a report to her boss.

She stopped a few meters away from the door to the guild master's room when she abruptly greeted her boss exiting along with a group of distinguished middle-aged gentlemen.

By then, Mr. Berry's unapologetically reminded his guests about another meeting. Without any delay, the guests the guild master first received for the day made their way down the staircase.

However, one gentleman, presumably the leader of the party, checked the waiting guest at the lounge area.

Sigmund briefly eyed the exiting party. He noted the middle-aged appearance through the person’s skin lines despite the mature look. His intimidating aura and aristocratic bearing of the leader did not escape Sigmund’s notice.

The magus already knew that this person was with the guild master before him. He intended to meet that individual whenever the deal for the property was finalized and his first plan in the village was made to fruition.

His attention then shifted to the guild master.

Wearing a more cordial display, subconsciously boosting the effect of his handsomeness, Sigmund initiated the contact as he conducted the same greeting he originally bestowed to Roxie.

"It's a pleasure to be in your acquaintance, Mr. Berry. I am Sigmund Chua and this is my son, Harry Chua."

"Pleasure's mine." The guild master succinctly responded as he led the guests to his room with his secretary in tow.

Roxie immediately handed over the crystal tablet to her boss. Her crystal tablet, taken from her storage ring, was connected to the intra-network of the guild. Her version of the results of The Chuas' registration form was immediately scrutinized by her boss.

Mr. Langford Berry, the master of the Merchant Guild of Greston, held the position for over thirty years in their world's time cycle. He never imagined that a merchant with this level of soul force would apply for membership in his guild.

Sigmund witnessed the shifting of the guild master's expression in just a brief moment. The head of the guild immediately resumed his calmness, not minding if his reaction was seen through.

"Mr. Sigmund Chua, I am Langford Berry. I apologize if I seemed rude when we initially met." The guild master started the conversation, clearly making up for his initial prejudice towards his guests.

Sigmund marked the master's soul force, which was within the range of the Golden Core stage at the lower level.

 

Announcement
I apologize for the error in labeling this initially as Chapter 15.  This is Chapter 14. I am very sorry.

3