Away
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“After we did so much, Noel and Alicia ruined it all huh.”
“Yes father, I put Rohn at a farm house near town and put him under constant watch for suicide and outsiders.”

Christopher Zotts and his second son Issac were talking about what happened. It cripled so much of their plans, they still had a chance so they didn’t give up. To fight an enemy who they knew nothing about, they decided to put someone from that different land in the close orbit. The idea was to have Rohn and his knowledge save them from simple mistakes against this new enemy, but now their most trusted resource they always relied on was betrayed by them.

 

“Illnor said he wanted to speak with him, hopefully he can patch things up.”
“He might, make certain he doesn’t poach him from our family.”

Issac nodded, Alica the main person who was guilty to him was now serving house arrest. The love was dead, instead merely uttering Alicia to Rohn made him shudder. The goal switched from love binding him to his passions, they needed him loyal and binded to their family. They invested so much into him already, if they failed they would suffer immensely. 

 

“We will proceed cautiously, now me and the pope are visiting the test airport. He is very interest in the scout plane we made, and wants to build a holy airport at the holy city now.”

“An airport at the holy city?”

The holy city was thousands of years old, without any change. It was able to survive so long being protected from the world it held countless secrets no invading army has ever once taken in. Forever keeping the flame for the church ablaze and passed down for generations.

 

“Not in it, nearby at a former village area that suffered during the last civil war.”

 

Walking into a wood hanger the pope and christopher were being given a tour of the scout plane by Issac himself. He memorized all its flaws, its greatest features and every spec it had.

 

“It can maintain flight for a whole day, flying with air being pulled under the wings by the magic circle under each wing side. It has two seats, one sitting in the front with controls of the flight, and another in the back with various instruments for viewing. We have also developed a form of radio wave transmitter when flying directly over a portable station, it allows a message to be sent instead of landing to share the information.”

“Radio waves? Elemental mages… they may prove essential.”

The pope declined a flight, and watched it take off instead. The spotter, radioed them with a new system that the pope was baffled by. The plane idea was crazy to some, but to someone who knew flight was possible for some races like a griffith or using certain powers it wasn’t that big of a deal.

 

“The spotter can only transmit a on or off signal, so we made a system called morse code from Rohn that lets us transmit information. It was made by our top scholars, unfortunately the real morse code as he called it wasn’t something we could find.”

“It’s better that way, the enemy wouldn’t understand us that way.”

Inherently they presumed the other world to be an enemy, they assumed the worst already. The plane flew away from their sight and faded away, and came back landing with its fixed wheels coming out.

 

“The wheels were hard to solve, we had to custom make each one. The glass required for the plane also had to custom made, overall it cost us about six royal hammers for just one plane.”

The pope nodded to it, but the power to gather information was impossible to compare to anything else. It could change the way wars were fought, how merchants traded, and even how they ruled. So he made up his mind on it, deciding to buy a dozen planes with two airports to be built. One near the holy city, and another near the mountains into the godless land.

 

“The training will also be included in the bill, we will train them to the best of our knowledge. We request they keep a flight log so we may expand our mutual knowledge in this new industry.”

“That's fine, but we will not require them to use it every time.”

The purpose of not doing it every time was clear to Christopher, it was to hide their flights and missions. It wasn’t his business anyway so he let it go, whatever he wanted to do was his own business.

 

0