Under
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(News viewing POV)

 

“Last night a man brutally killed his neighbors dog, he would be arrested that night after somone heard the noises. The police declared him to be another one of the copycat cases, the man after being investigated was trying to prevent his infant son from getting cancer.”

A news lady with long blond hair and a tight fitting suit that showed her excellent curves was speaking, next to her a sophisticated man with glasses nodded at her.

 

“Getting cancer? So he did it to prevent, not to cure it?”

“Exactly, he was someone who donated to several children hospitals and even claimed several times online through post why should children die when we could butch animals. He is being treated like a mental patient more so than a criminal, cases like this are few thankfully.”

 

After the screen began influencing some people to act out in violence quicky it was surveyied studied and found who would act out. The people in large cities did not get affected to an extent of violence, kids and punks pretending was common but that was it. In the countryside or a in very poor areas, people genuinely believed in stuffed from the screen. It wasn’t bad in first world nations, they reached everyone quickly with pamphlets, news broadcast, and radio.

 

In the 3rd world areas, it was a wild west even more so. The actors who were already unstable, like gangs, kidnappers, and even some terrosist organizations seized the chance to push a narrative. Easily some were swayed into believing it was the end of days and they must convert, or act in the name of god to ‘cleanse’ their sins. 

 

For people in the modern world, who already didn’t even know where on a map these places were it meant nothing to them. Nobody cared in the UK, until some maniac jumped out at night grabbing some dog or cat. Police put higher importance on watching stray animals to catch these nutcases, almost perfectly they captured and medicated them. The treatment was simple, they were delusional from the screen believing in illusionary things so it must be some kind of schizophrenic behavior.

“People are saying we should boycot the screen, we shouldn’t view it. It hurts us mentally more than we realized at first.”

 

“Boycot? What do you people think will happen? We can’t disconect from it like a Tv, we are stuck with this. Even if someone choses to not view, regardless of how long they don’t view their peers near them fill them in on what happened on the screen leaving no escape.”

“So your saying we should just accept it?”

“Heaven’s no, we must find another way like giving the job of viewing to professionals to keep the public safe.”

The public was being steered into a new direction, don’t watch the screen. The governments across the world silently came to agree more and more that it was against them, so they began to move people away from viewing it. Hard approaches like what China tried failed miserably, people can watch it in stealth without anyone knowing even.

 

The new approach was simple, it was unhealthy to watch it. Leave it to us, the professionals. People who spoke about the screen, were seen as extremist, or potential crazy people. Slowly the narrative worked, comedy shows on TV mocked people who still viewed it, influencers denounced it as uncool, all measures were taken. Nobody could escape the narrative the screen was bad in cities, or tight urban environments. 

Despite the strong grip on some places, the rural, and socially disconnected still watched it. The world was back to normal, with the screen losing focus on major spot lights, even the events on it were slowly being watered down. The world was changing, with stricter than ever thought policing in the most free nations all in the name of security.

 

The family members who were once seen as national tragic victims who were on TV speaking about their loved ones on the screen were gone, not even videos online were spared in the totaralian sweep of anything that could provoke interest in viewing the screen. The whole thing didn’t go unnoticed by people, some believed it was some kind of conspiracy with no evidence it didn’t gain any public traction.

 

0