CH02: Mysterious Ring 2
43 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rest of the day passed by in a blur for Michael.

He sat through all his lectures, his mind wandering as he tried to shake off the thoughts about boxing that had been plaguing him since this morning. 

As the final bell rang, signaling the end of all the lectures for the day, Michael gathered his books and started to make his way out of the lecture hall. He could hear the chatter of his classmates around him, but he didn't pay any attention to it.

He was lost in his own thoughts, as usual.

Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder.
He turned to see Asuna Yuuki, the class representative, looking at him with a mixture of concern and annoyance.

"Are you okay in the head, Michael?" she asked.

Michael was taken aback. He wasn't familiar with Asuna and rarely had any interactions with her.
He shook his head slightly and muttered, "Yeah, I'm good."

Asuna didn't seem convinced. "You know, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here," she said, smiling gently.

Michael felt a lump form in his throat.
He didn't know what to say. He had always been a loner, keeping to himself and avoiding any kind of social interaction.
But something about Asuna's offer made him feel a little less alone.

"Thanks," he muttered, before hurrying out of the classroom.

Outside, the sun was shining brightly, and the sound of students laughing and chatting filled the air.

Michael walked slowly, his mind still lost in thought.

He wasn't paying attention to where he was going, so when he bumped into someone, he was surprised.

"Watch where you're going, loser!" a familiar voice spat.

Michael looked up to see Paul and Mark, the two bullies from his class, glaring down at him.

"What do you want?" Michael asked, keeping up the act of being pitiful.

"We just want to remind you that you owe us some burgers," Mark sneered.

Michael felt annoyed, but he had to keep up the act. "I don't have any money," he said.

Paul stepped forward, his fists clenched. "That's too bad," he said. "Looks like we'll have to teach you a lesson."

Michael closed his eyes, bracing himself for the inevitable beating.

But it never came.

Suddenly, there was a loud noise, like a gunshot.

Paul and Mark looked around in confusion, and Michael opened his eyes to see what had happened.

That's when he saw her, Asuna Yuuki, the class representative.

She was standing a few feet away from them, her arms crossed and a smirk on her face. She had just fired a shot in the air.

"Hey, assholes," she said, her voice dripping with confidence. "Leave him alone."

Paul and Mark looked at her in surprise. "What the fuck? Did you go crazy today, Class Representative?" Paul demanded.

The girl shrugged. "Just someone who doesn't like bullies and has had enough of you idiots buzzing around her," she said.

Michael felt a sense of awe wash over him. He had never even thought that the CR was this type of dope character.

"Come on, let's go," Mark muttered, grabbing Paul's arm and pulling him away.

Asuna turned to Michael, her smirk turning into a smile. "You okay?" she asked.

Michael nodded, still in shock about the true personality of his CR. "Yeah," he muttered.

"Get your act together, Michael. I know you can beat the crap out of these idiots. I used to watch all your boxing matches, you fucking numbskull," she said in a low voice as she walked away.

4