CH07: Monarch’s Maze 1
84 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Michael stepped out of their college building, he was shocked to see that the entire city of San Francisco had turned into an enormous maze.

The maze that covered the entire city of San Francisco was a massive construction, unlike anything the world had ever seen.

It was not made of brick and mortar, but of strange, metallic alloys that seemed to pulse and throb with a life of their own. The walls of the maze were high and smooth, towering up to the sky, casting eerie shadows on the streets below.

It was impossible to tell where one wall ended and another began, and the maze seemed to go on endlessly.

Michael was struck by the enormity of the maze. It was like nothing he had ever seen before, and he was at a loss as to what to do. Michael's first thought was to find a way out, but as he looked around, he realized that there were no obvious exits.

The streets they had taken for granted were gone, replaced by twisting, turning paths that led nowhere.

As Michael stood there in the maze, his mind was racing. He couldn't help but worry about his mother.

She was the only family he had left in the world, and he couldn't bear the thought of losing her. He knew she was a pacifist, and the idea of her being forced to participate in this sick game was unbearable.

Suddenly, he heard a smirk from the mysterious voice that had been guiding them since the start of this ordeal. 

"Where is my mother?" he shouted.

The mysterious voice chuckled. "Oh, Michael. You think you're the only one playing this game? Your mother is here too, somewhere in the maze. But she's not alone."

Michael's fists clenched as he tried to contain his anger. "What do you mean she's not alone? What have you done to her?"

The voice laughed. "Relax, Michael. Your mother is safe, for now. But you'll have to find her before someone else does. And who knows what kind of game they'll want to play with her."

"If something happens to her, I will kill all of you sick motherfuckers, the fucking organizers of this idiotic game."
Michael whispered to himself.

"Yes, get angry and angrier, only then will you truly kill." Michael heard the mysterious voice's soft whispers in his head.

Michael's mind raced as he thought about the possibilities. He knew he had to find his mother as soon as possible. But how could he navigate this massive maze and keep himself and his loved ones safe?

He took a deep breath and reminded himself of his strength and determination. He wouldn't let anyone hurt his mother or anyone else he cared about. He would do whatever it takes to win this sick game and emerge victorious.

***
Daniel, on the other hand, was terrified. He had never been a fan of anything remotely scary, and the towering walls of the maze were the stuff of nightmares. He couldn't understand why anyone would want to build something like this, and his mind was already racing with thoughts of how he could get out of this place.

***
Asuna's reaction to this gigantic maze that was the San Fransisco City before was different than Michal or Daniel.

She seemed to take it all in stride, as if this was just another challenge to be overcome. Her eyes flicked over the walls of the maze, taking in every detail. She was the first to notice the strange symbols etched into the metal, which seemed to glow with a faint, otherworldly light.

As soon as Asuna went close and touched those strange symbols. The mysterious voice sounded throughout the city. 

[Stage 2 - Monarch's Maze]

4