Chapter 2 – Welcome to an occupation
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2 - Welcome to an occupation

As he searched for mars and jupiter he couldn’t find anything other than space ships. He wondered to himself where are all the planets? He then looked for Pluto and to his surprise Pluto was found he then decided to spawn at Pluto space station. As he made his character while covered in spray paint the clothes he was wearing was a set of construction pants and boots given in green and pink his black tee was completely green and pink also looking around he saw women in bonnets and red dresses.

He was completely blended in as the women mistaken him as a painter. The space station floor was bronze and copper the doors slide like japanese house doors or sometimes they crunch and open up like blinds. The doors were made out of copper tubing and wood. Giving the scene a rustic feel looking out the glass plane he saw asteroids floating around.

The women speak to each other in croatian “I’ve never seen that guy before.” the other woman says “He must be rich to be able to afford paints, we should get to know him.” the first woman says “why is his face so pink?” the other woman laughs “He doesn’t look like he’s around here”

Walking around the space station Deiniol Roberts couldn’t see any job opportunities or anything to do. He thought to himself why did i spend all my money on a virtual reality game I never played a video game before so why should I play now. Just as he was about to explode into anger a man in a suit passes by him.

“Zdravo” the man says

“Hello” deiniol roberts says back

His english skill from 0 to 1 as he said hello. The man called Martin Domazet replies back to him in english “Your not around here where do you come from.”

“I come from earth, or wales more specifically” His english skill went from 1 to 2

Martin Domazet gets a level in information gathering from 20 to 21. He then asks “Wales I never heard of wales before what is it like?”

“Oh we love dogs, and we love coffee and we love ice cream, and rearing sheep” his english went from 2 to 3

“Well i am a Grade B personal for Pluto, and we love snooker, brahmin steaks and tennis”

“Well wales loves singing we produce some of the finest singers in the world” His english went from 3 to 4.

“Well young lad just because they are worldly doesn’t make them worthy for space”

He then asks “Do you have a job for me to do?” his english went from 4 to 5

“It’s called quests, and yes I have a Rank U quest for cleaning windows for free”

“I can’t work for free sir, I’m broke and need money”

“Well I have a Rank E quest for killing mushroom cockroaches or a rank G quest of supervising a classroom but you don’t speak Pluton or rather croatian”

“I will do the window cleaning if you agree to give me accommodation and food” Deiniol said as he often heard of hidden quests that show up if you do something for a long enough period of time. His english skill also went from 5 to 6

“I will make sure you have the best accomodation we can give and I’ll give you a meal ration ticket everyday you work for me”

He then followed Martin to the cleaning area the space station had 20 floors with the first two floors being for the mechanical mechanisms that the space station used. As deiniol walked his walking skill went from 0 to 1.

You needed 10 points to level up. The catch however was the level up point needed to be spent as soon as you recieve it. The attributes were Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma”

In the cleaning office he was given a rag and stick he was also given a ladder to be able to use. Martin then went to the main office to get him his keycard for his accommodation. Waiting in the janitor's ward Deiniol then never thought he would be cleaning windows.

Outside the Janitor's room were two children Josip Cindrić and Jana Cindrić they were playing finger guns and Josip ran into the janitors ward. As soon as they saw Deiniol they became wide eyed as if a monster has just erupted out of the ground. They then ran out of the cleaning ward and ran down the corridor.

Martin Domazet came back and gave him his accommodation key and meal ticket for 5pm the date was the january 19th 3100. The meal ticket included barley bread, soup and dumplings. It had been an hour since Deiniol had entered the game and so far he hadn’t done anything he was ready to become the fastest window cleaner alive. As soon as Martin left he ran to a window and got Dexterity level 0 to 1 He scrubbed and rubbed. And polished the best he could with a bucket of warm soapy water.

After 20 windows he got a notification hunger resistance 0 to 1. His walking skill become 1 to 2

And his cleaning skill got from 0 to 1 he finally became level 1 looking a the list of attributes that were available he decided to put 1 level into charisma making it from level 0 to 1 he needed to get a barter skill he thought as he continued washing the windows.

However soon hunger came to him like a wild beast it tried to toughen it out and got another level in hunger resistance 1 to 2, he even got a level in thirst resistance 0 to 1 Walking down the corridors and cleaning the windows he got cleaning from 1 to 2 without any pay he wondered if he should continue working the job.

It was technically the easiest job available however he was searching for a hidden quest. He saw another janitor wearing grey collared button down and grey khaki pants he was mopping the floor he tried to communicate with him “Hello do you speak english?” his english skill went from 6 to 7 as he said that. The man was called Zlatco Valentić the men replies in croatian/pluton “Sorry I don’t speak english”

The conversation ended after that it was becoming nearly the end of the day so Deiniol went to the food court. The food court was covered in marble it looked like a high end restaurant their were marble statues posing and one carrying the weight of the world on its shoulders.

They had Zeus and Poseidon and Atlas they even had Ulysses all in the containment of a food hall there were foundations of gold erupting cold water with koi fishes swimming in it. The benches were pure obsidian and the bowls and plates were grey made from grey mud. The utensils were made of pure silver the entire food court looked lavish. I then looked at the room number for the ticket it said 4b and he was currently on floor 3b. So he walked to the other food court getting walking skill became 2 to 3.

At the other food court there was a simple water fountain covering the middle of the room he saw all the peasants in there peasant garb and rags, he was seeing space poverty for the first time.

Aliens were sparsely seen in pluto, this was because the king Saša Tomljenović refused to ally with any alien species or trade resources with them. Pluto currently had 22 dynasties and these were called Tomljenović, Poropat, Mihić, , Cindrić, Džaja, Davidović, Svalina, Mikačić, Lipošćak, Belošević, Čupić, Domazet, Madunić, Valentić, Kovačević, Aračić, Pleše, Mlinarić, Žeravica, Parlov, Orešković and Golub

These were the 22 strongest dynasties on pluto and every 20 years they would elect a new king, pluto used a caste system were certain dynasties were forced to do certain types of labour Golub were known for being the type to clean air vents and wash dishes, Poropat were known as chefs. Domazet was military. Parlov was known for being spies. Cindrić were known for the amount of kids that were produced.

Basically they all had there own functions. And nobody who isn’t a pluton can get above personal rank E unless they become a honorary member of a family.

Personal Ranks worked like this; you cannot do a quest or job higher than the rank you are given this means that for Deiniol he couldn’t do any quest ranked E or higher. Quests also had pluses and minuses to them being E+ would mean you have to be ranked E+ or higher to do that quest.

After Deiniol finished eating he went across the spaceship bridge that was a line of blue light that ran to section A of the space station. At section A he saw a hologramic bulletin board in croatian he couldn’t read any of the news or what not. But as he had to feed his real life self he went to his room on floor 14a.

The space station was a massive complex with 20 floors and 3 sections ranging from A to B to C the space station was as big as pluto itself. Deiniol Roberts then exited virtual reality to give himself a 4 hour break.

He never experienced something so advanced before to him it felt like real life even if he was using a U ranked game capsule. Putting black bread down his throat he took a swig of water and then went to pee. He then re entered Galactic legends and heroes almost immediately. His character woke up.

He then went down to the elevator to go to floor 3a where he would cross the bridge to get to 3b the bridge had been surrounded in glass and a blue phase of light was supporting his footsteps he then quickly got to the cleaning ward where he was to get his rag and bucket with the ladder.

He wanted to meet martin domazet again as soon as he opened the door to the cleaning ward his walking skill went from 3 to 4 he then saw Martin Domazet sitting on a chair his eyebrows for furrowed as he was looking at the ground Martin says “I will be in clubroom 23 3c” Deiniol then instinctively asks about a hidden quest “Do you think there will be anything else for me to do? English went from 7 to 8

Martin Domazet scratches his head “Do you think this is a game? I told you that you could do something else why do you want to wash windows anyway”

“I just thought that washing windows was going to give me something unique.”

“You could try to become an honorary family member”

“How could i become an honorary family member?”

“You can get engaged or you can help a family”

“But I don’t speak the language.”

“There's space slavery if you want to become a slave”

“Your not helping me, I want to make money”

Martin gives a sly smile “okay than kill the mushroom roaches”

“I don’t have a weapon I can paint things fairly well”

“I’ll give you a silver dagger and you can kill the roaches.”

“Okay then”

The conversation ends there as Martin hands over the dagger

0