Chapter 3 – Where Real Strength Was There Mastery Shall Be.
72 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Llyan Capricio was a man who values honor. He is a noble's child after all. He used to be a quiet child, who loved to be obedience. He is a prideful child.

But his world changed when his father died.

He never saw his mother, as she died due to health issues, so he is very reliant on his father. His father was his only real family in this huge scary world where kindness is treated as a weakness.

He was devastated.

"..."

Llyan cried reading the letter in his hand. It was his father's will, passed into him when he died on the battlefield.

In it was detailed; what he inherited, who should he lookout after this, his father comforting words to him, and his father last's wish.

"I know this is too much to ask. Please forgive me for I am too selfish, but I'll only ask for one thing from you.

Please, protect the honor of our family's name.

Because you're my pride, my love, my legacy."

Llyan cried as he read his father's dying wish. Below it was a note in a strange language that can't comprehend. So he carved it in a bracelet and wore wherever he goes. In the effort to not forget.

In the Moonlight Kingdom or most kingdoms at all, it is written in a rule that; a parentless noble child who had yet to come of age needs to have a patron.

Patronage is like a contract. For example, in return for my protection, you need to hand out all of your riches until you earned enough merit to take them back or to put it, serve them. That is the lightest contract in the noble patronage and that is what happened to Llyan Capricio as he was handed to the main Capricio Family. But even worse forms of Patronage exist.

He was mocked as naive when he refused the Patronage. As an average child in Magic, his only best option is the main Capricio Family's contract.

If he was born with prodigious talent in Magic, he could take Patronage from a powerful Magi but he didn't, instead, he earned it.

Countless threats and multiple assassinations attempts by Capricio family in order to liquefy his assets put him in pressure. Pressure and iron will make his potential grow endlessly.

He will protect the honor of his family.

His powerful will to learn magic allowed him to master Insta-cast and Silent-cast at the age of 13. He can fuse three aspects of element when he became a Third Grade Magi at the age of 15. He is able to defeat five Fourth Grade Elite Soldiers. And slew a Sixth Grade Frostwyrm just by himself.

'Yet why? My attack is futile… even landing a hit is laborious… how can Mage Hand be used like that? Is it even possible?'

Mage Hand, a Diaspel (Second Grade Spell) used to hijack an opponent's control over a spell by reverse-casting their spell.

'If I were to cast a low-level spell with my voice or symbol, then fine. But this is a Silent Instacast goddammit! How is he able to reverse-casting a Tetraspel with a glance!? This is unfair!'

"Unfair? is that what you're thinking?" Tasha said condescendingly, he was still standing a few steps from his original position when the battle started.

"..." Llyan was silent, but he didn't stop casting the spell in his hand.

"Then is it fair when you exploited your power over other members of the Capricio Family?"

"Shut up! You don't know anything!"

"Then start talking! how did you get so powerful so quickly?"

*SrusSSh!!*

"None of your business!"

The flaming earth arrow in Llyan's hand in darted at high speed towards Tasha when he finished that word. Though the audiences can't hear what they are saying clearly due to the diameter of the arena reaching 100 meter, and the flurry of the spell.

Tasha raised his hand and moved two-step to the right. The arrow which was homing, miss its trajectory the moment Tasha raised his hand.

The arrow exploded when it touched the granite arena platform.

The rapid spell of various might rain down tearing the arena apart. It was worst compared to when a Firewyrm and an Elderdrake fought here in the past.

Llyan would always try to circle Tasha from a distance with physical damage imbued spell as he knows that physical attack was Tasha's weakness. But it always misses because of how far he is, giving Tasha the ability to bend his spell.

When he approaches, it's even worse because Tasha's sinister aura made him hard to breathe, much less casting a spell. He learned his lesson the hard way when Tasha broke his Ward and injured his left arm with a bolt of lightning.

"Let's wrap this up."

"Fine! I'm getting tired of this anyway!" Llyan replied. He was starting to sweat.

Both of them stopped and distanced themself.

Llyan took a deep breath and exhaled. His Ward disappeared, replaced with burning invisible heat around him.

Tasha who seems to be calm throughout the fight can't help but frown when he senses the elemental particle going wild.

The earth, fire, and wind elemental particle converge, creating a new force.

"Star Magic huh? Fancy you." Tasha said playfully, but Llyan was too focused at his spell to hear this. But if he did, he would be surprised for Tasha to know this really niche branch of magic.

It was said that the second sun of Trebushka was made by a Deus. Using his Magic, the Deus was able to create a new force of nature from his observation of the sun.

With that, he fends off the Astral Being from the empty void of space.

A ball of plasma was growing bigger and bigger until it reached its apex. Its length covered half of the arena. The audience was covering their eyes from the white light not daring to open even the slightest.

Llyan was sweating profusely. He wasn't able to control the spell at all. The best he can do is to activate his Ward again.

The ball of plasma only stopped growing after the earth, fire, and wind elemental particle was deficient in the surrounding area.

Without the sustenance of Llyan's mana, the plasma ball began to decay exponentially. Luckily, the Ward was able to contain the heat for a while. But it wasn't for long, the ward will soon collapse.

"Dammit!" Llyan's barrier was nearing its limit; his mana is too low to maintain it.

The mini-sun will soon explode as its mass was unstable. Its outer layer was visibly distorting, and its color was shifting to red.

“Is it really easier for you to create a FUCKING mini sun by casting Hexaspel Star Magic rather than answering my questions?” Tasha said with his voice pitch higher than before.

Tasha raised his hand, something weird happens to his Aura. It was gentle and benevolent, yet filled with rage and roughness. It was like fire, yet water seems to rather accompany it. Murderous yet filled with life.

It was changing every split second as if there was thousands upon thousands of person inside him emitting that chaotic yet orderly aura. His face was even worse. Much overlapping illusion of what his expression could be is overlaid on his calm face, making it ever-changing.

“Get the fuck out of here.”

A hole appeared on the plasma ball. Another appeared, then another one. It spreads like a piece of paper being burned. The crowd was finally able to slowly open their eyes seeing that the blinding light was dimming.

Out of the disappearing plasma ball, comes waves of condensed elemental particle. It is even visible with naked eyes until there is nothing left out of the plasma ball.

"Im-impossible! This is unfair!" Llyan said, frantically.

Tasha walked towards Llyan step by step, his face and Aura turns normal gradually with every step that he takes.

“So tell me, when did The Voice start talking to you? When did you start growing so fast?”

“I don’t fucking…ngh know, what vo..ice?” Llyan said his last words before he collapsed under his ward-crushing it- unto the still hot granite stone.

Tasha’s face darkens. It’s as if he just ate the manure of a manure-eater.

 

May your day be merry in the spirit of Christmas! Merry Christmas!

2