Chapter 2: Valenya
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Valenya

Valenya stepped into the grand halls of the Wynn household and was met by the stern countenance of the Archmage, her son-in-law. 

With a frown, he uttered, "You are almost too late." 

Valenya, unfazed by his remark, retorted, "I am neither late nor early. I arrived precisely when I intended to."

Her words carried a hint of hidden meaning, suggesting that there was more to her arrival than met the eye. The Archmage scoffed but remained silent.

Their conversation was abruptly cut short by a piercing scream emanating from a nearby room. Valenya swiftly made her way towards the sound, leaving the concerned husband behind without further words.

Upon entering the room, Valenya's eyes fell upon the instruments and materials necessary for childbirth. However, her gaze immediately locked onto her daughter, whom she hadn't seen in nearly a decade.

 She remembered sensing her daughter's need across the vast lands, in the secret realm of Avalon. Despite her high status as one of the triune Reverend Mothers of the Sisterhood of the Wyrd, Valenya found herself in a vulnerable position in Avalon. She traversed the land with utmost secrecy, infiltrating the heart of the empire where danger lurked every day and civil war loomed on the horizon.

Another cry jolted Valenya from her reverie, prompting her to dismiss the servants, midwives, and helpers, leaving her alone with her daughter. No words were necessary between them as Valenya approached; her daughter, Valeria, extended her hand, and Valenya grabed it nodded gently in response.

A smile played across Valenya's lips as she proceeded to assist Valeria in giving birth. As the moment drew near, Valeria was overtaken by a profound disturbance in the magical weave, entering a prophetic trance. Valenya witnessed a whirlwind of emotions - anxiety, doubt, and anticipation - flicker across Valeria's face until only one question remained: What was the significance of this?

Valenya's heart raced with a mix of concern and curiosity. She knew that her daughter's prophetic trance held immense importance, possibly shaping the destiny of their family and the empire itself. Determined to uncover the truth, Valenya steeled herself for the revelation that awaited them and silently vowed to help her family amidst the brewing storm of uncertainty.

0