Chapter 4: Valenya
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: Valenya

"Wait a minute" suddenly said Auris. "Wasn't Valeria's magic crippled by the Wyrd curse?"

Auris's sudden question jolted Valenya, causing her to pause and consider the implications. His tone revealed a mix of hatred and hope, creating a delicate balance of emotions. Valenya took a moment to gather her thoughts before responding.

"I'm unsure of what exactly transpired, but I have two theories," Valenya began, her voice tinged with intrigue. "The first theory suggests that the process of giving birth to a child of such magical potential may have temporarily loosened the constraints on Valeria's mana. This sudden surge of power could have elevated her consciousness, triggering the divination. However, this is highly unlikely. Even if the baby possesses extraordinary magical strength, it shouldn't have been able to override the magical prohibition. Moreover, considering that Reverend Mother Moria, one of the leaders of the Sisterhood, placed the curse, it seems improbable. Moria's skill and proficiency in curse magic are unparalleled in the continent. Only a dwarven grandmaster blacksmith, renowned for their ability to create powerful artifacts, could rival her in her field. But even then, it would require a deep personal grudge to execute such a curse and it would be through an artifact."

Although Auris showed a flicker of interest at the mention of dwarven artifact crafting, Valenya pressed on, eager to share her second theory. She grinned inwardly, enjoying the intellectual banter. "Now, my second theory is that your newborn son possesses innate talent in the Weirding Way. It's possible that his mere presence and latent power caused the divination within Valeria. However, this too seems improbable. Wyrd Magic is traditionally practiced exclusively by women, as they possess a natural talent and inclination for it. While men may achieve measly accomplishments through a lifetime of dedicated work, their feats are always overshadowed."

Auris's expression shifted, his concern growing evident. He spoke with a trace of worry, "Both scenarios seem highly unlikely, but the potential consequences are immense. If Valeria has indeed broken free from her restraints, Reverend Mother Moria will undoubtedly seek revenge and launch a relentless assault. On the other hand, if knowledge of our son's Wyrd magic talent were to spread, he would become a target for both the Magocracy and the Sisterhood. One would seek to exploit him, while the other would likely aim to eliminate him." Auris let out a heavy sigh, burdened by the weight of the possibilities.

Valenya nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation. "We cannot afford to waste any more time pondering the maybes and may-nots. Let us go and speak to my daughter. I sense that she has just awakened, and we need her insights to shed light on this mysterious prophecy." With determination in her voice, Valenya urged Auris to follow her, their steps leading them towards Valeria's room where their next course of action awaited.

0