Chapter 8: Auris
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8: Auris

Auris watched as Valeria took their baby from her mother's arms and retreated to their room, excusing herself politely. Nodding to Valenya, he followed Valeria's path, entering the room to find her breastfeeding Merys.

"How are you feeling? Are you okay?" he asked, concern evident in his voice. Despite Valeria's strength and the measures taken to ensure her well-being, everything had happened so swiftly, leaving little time for comfort or reassurance.

Valeria sighed, a mixture of exhaustion and worry in her eyes. "I feel as well as can be expected. But knowing that our child will be leaving us, possibly for a long time, it weighs heavily on my heart. And the uncertainty of what lies ahead... it's overwhelming."

Auris stepped closer, his hand gently resting on Valeria's back. "We will see him again, my love. The prophecy has marked his path, and I believe he will be welcomed and protected in Avalon. Time moves differently there, slower, so he will barely notice our absence."

Valeria looked up at him, her eyes filled with sadness and longing. She closed her eyes, focusing on the feel of Merys in her arms.

Merys made a small grunt, indicating he was full. Valeria carefully placed him on her shoulder, patting his back gently. Auris watched the intimate moment, his heart swelling with love for his wife and child.

"I will miss him so much. It hurts even now, and he is still here with us," Valeria whispered, her voice filled with emotion. "Are we doing the right thing?"

Auris didn't respond with words. He understood that Valeria wasn't seeking certainty, but rather a connection in their shared vulnerability. Instead, he moved closer to the cradle, standing beside Valeria.

As Merys drifted into sleep, Valeria gently laid him in the cradle. Auris joined her, both of them looking down at their slumbering child. Auris reached for a pendant he wore around his neck, a family heirloom passed down through generations—a symbol of their legacy.

"My son, Merys Myr Wynn Annawen," Auris began, his voice filled with warmth and determination. "In the coming times, you will be without the presence of your parents, in a foreign land. But know that our hearts beat for you, and our minds are filled with thoughts of you. Your grandmother, a Reverend Mother of great power and8 influence, will be with you. She is one of the strongest magicians I have ever known. Stay safe, grow happy, and hold onto this pendant, a keepsake from your father. It represents my presence with you until I take it back."

Auris spoke not only to Merys, but to himself and the world at large. It was a declaration of his commitment and a plea to fate itself to keep their child safe. Valeria's eyes glistened with tears, her smile shining with love and pride.

They stood together, united in their shared purpose, as the room embraced a profound silence. The weight of their choices and the unknown future loomed large, but within their hearts, they held onto hope.

"By the way" said Valeria breaking the atmosphere. "Myr?"

"Well, you chose Merys, it's only fair that I get to name him too." Answered Auris, while a smile appeared on his face.

0