Chapter 25
1.3k 7 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt my nose itching, and then a fresh scent hit me in the face.

When I opened my eyes, I saw beautiful light hair and a peacefully sleeping face. Isabella was sleeping facing me, realizing that she had asked to spend the night with me yesterday. Honestly, I had some thoughts.

But after she lay down, I noticed that she quickly started falling asleep. Most likely, the news I hurried to tell her was very heavy.

Looking at her graceful face, my gaze fell on her red lips. But I quickly corrected my thoughts and wanted to get up.

Only then did I notice that my legs were entangled with two others, and my arm was embraced by Isabella. It reminded me of the time when I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night. At first, I took it as a crisis, but then I saw my sister restlessly spinning in bed..

When I called her, I noticed that she was still asleep. Judging by her reaction, it was probably a nightmare. Clenching my teeth, I reached out and shook her.

She immediately woke up and started breathing heavily, with fear on her face in that moment.

She hadn't reacted yet, so I grabbed her and pulled her closer to me to embrace her under the blanket.

"Calm down, it was just a dream. I'm here, don't worry."

Subconsciously, I began to comfort her, and then gently stroked her head. She didn't say anything, just let me do it.

Then I felt her bring her legs closer to me and entangle them with mine. It seemed to make her feel better.

Continuing to stroke her head and soothing her, I watched as she gradually fell asleep.

Honestly, at that moment, I felt bad. For a moment, I felt guilty and wondered if I had done something wrong.

As I looked at her face, illuminated by the morning sun, accentuating her beauty, I spoke with a voice that only I could hear.

"I will do everything to make you happy..."

It was a promise to myself as well as to her. I genuinely want her to be happy. And even if someday in the future she will be happier without me, I will accept it.

While I was contemplating what to do and how, Isabella's eyelashes fluttered, and she opened her blue eyes, and our eyes met.

I smiled at her and spoke.

"Good morning..."

But right after that, she closed her eyes, tightened her grip on my hand and legs, and said softly.

"Good night."

Even though I wanted to say something about needing to go and look for another place to live, I didn't say anything. It's very possible that such days will be edited in the future.

Although I had already decided to protect her with all my might, for her own sake, I had to will teach her. Who knows when she will need it.

I had to lie in that position for another hour and a half. I tried to sleep, but I couldn't.

Finally, when she woke up, I slipped out of her grip and went to prepare breakfast.

Some time later, the two of us sat in the kitchen enjoying a light snack. However, there was something about her behavior that troubled me. Although she was wearing a shirt over her underwear, she wasn't wearing anything underneath, which made me feel a mix of excitement and discomfort.

This was the first time it happened to me, as well as with Eleanor. There was not a single memory of such a scene.

She seemed more cheerful and energetic than yesterday, judging by the memory of her body, that was her character.

She also quickly emerged from the shadow of her parents' death.

Watching her playful demeanor, it didn't resemble the lost look she had yesterday.

"Isabella, we need to go out in half an hour to see the apartment."

She nodded and then said,

"Do you know what dream I had?"

As she spoke, she tilted her head to the side, showing me a mysterious face.

I recalled a nightmare, although I didn't want to remind her. But if that's what she wants to talk about, I also want to know.

"Um... nightmares happen to everyone. You can tell me..."

"Huh? I'm not talking about a nightmare, I already forgot about it. I'm talking about a different dream."

"A different dream?" I asked skeptically, continuing to eat.

"Yeah, you know, it was more like an action movie!"

The more he spoke, the more interested I became in what she had to say.

"So, can you tell me about it?"

"Haha, sure. It started off a bit sad, but then it turned into a full-on action movie! It felt like I was watching a film."

"Okay... well, go ahead and tell me."

"Yes... right now."

As she spoke, she swallowed a piece of bread and finally began her story.

"Oh, I was walking home from school. And then a group of thugs stopped me at the school gates. They took my pencil and broke it, which made me cry. And then you appeared in front of us."

As she said this, she extended her finger and pointed at me. I continued listening without interrupting her.

"When you showed up and saw me crying, you started fighting with them and beat them all. After that, they ran away, and we walked home together. But then I started rummaging through my bag and realized my pen was missing.

That's when the action started. You found out that the leader of those thugs took the pen. You told me, 'I'll be right back,' holding a gun and reloading it in your hand.

After that, it was like I was playing a game. There were enemies all around, and it turned into an action-packed scene. In the end, you were about to return the pencil to me when I woke up. I wanted to continue the dream, so I tried to fall back asleep, but... it didn't work. Haha, that was such a dream!"

Yeah, dreams can be very absurd.

Listening to her story, here's what I was thinking, but seeing her smile made me feel better.

Finally, half an hour passed as we talked. Gathering our things, we left the house and reached our destination in an hour.

When the broker opened the door to the apartment, a quite beautiful scene unfolded before us. Huge floor-to-ceiling windows, bright furniture and decorations, as well as a large television.

In addition, there was a modern kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. Everything was very beautiful and nice.

When my sister hesitated and considered refusing it, I readily agreed to pay 8000MQE per month for the apartment. The apartment was worth its price, and all the amenities were in place.

We didn't have many things to move here, so by evening, we were already in our new apartment.

For a while, my sister was annoyed that I paid so much money for the apartment. But then she gradually got used to it.

And so, when everything was finished and everyone was in their places, I logged into that mysterious website to check if the items I had bought had arrived.

The order status was confirmed, so I had to go and pick up the package.

Looking at Isabella, who lazily lounged on the couch, I warned her.

"Isabella, I need to go and pick up the package. You stay home, and by the way, you also need to call the school and take a week off."

In response to my words, she remained silent for a few seconds before sighing and nodding.

.................................

Descending in the elevator, I reached the ground floor. I chose this apartment also for the sake of safety. Although it's not a guarantee, it's better than some remote place. But in the future, we must definitely live in a very safe place.

Thinking about the future, I walked out of the building and hailed a taxi to get closer to the location I marked on the map.

After half an hour, I stood near the park, getting out of the taxi. I cautiously looked around before entering the park.

It was a large park with even small attractions. Passing through winding paths, I finally reached my destination.

I thought it would be something like a hiding place. But when I arrived at the designated spot, there was a person sitting on the bench. He appeared to be over 50 years old.

At that moment, he held a black bag next to him, which was the bag from which I would receive the package. A photo of this bag had been sent to me, showing several unfamiliar symbols written on it.

Everything seemed a bit suspicious, so I touched the pistol on my waist before approaching to confirm it definitively.

There were several trees around, isolating this place. As I got closer, I heightened my vigilance.

The other person also noticed me; he was dressed in casual attire. But he was wearing gloves, and his behavior was slightly abnormal.

Without attentiveness, I wouldn't have noticed it because this person was looking around.

When he looked at me, it seemed like he confirmed something. After a nod in my direction to me, he stood up and left through a different path.

This move made me freeze for a moment, but after understanding the situation, I continued my steps and approached the bench.

Looking around, I quickly opened the bag. Inside, there were clothes. Pushing aside the clothes, I could see many boxes of ammunition and what I had ordered.

Without hesitation, I slung the bag over my shoulder before also going away through a completely different path.

Passing several paths and near the attractions, I exited the park from the other side. Hailing a taxi, I got in and headed closer to our new home.

Fortunately, my counterintelligence skills were very helpful, allowing me to avoid the police and other suspicious individuals. Finally, after some time, I reached the building of our new apartment.

Without any tension, I entered inside and then used the elevator to go upstairs.

...

Upon entering, I didn't notice Isabella on the couch as I tried to take a step forward. I quickly took a step back when an object was dropped near the door.

It was a stick that Isabella had been holding while looking at me.

Seemingly relieved to see me, she hid the stick behind her back and spoke.

"Ha-ha, I thought you were a thief, sorry."

Understanding her concerns, I entered inside and closed the door. Placing the bag on the table, I was about to open it. However, I stopped immediately. Although there had been no need to do so before, my skills prompted me to check the apartment for certain things, just in case.

I started inspecting hidden places and suspicious objects, checking for recording devices. After a thorough search and explaining to Isabella what I was doing, I finally confirmed that no one was watching us.

Finally, I began taking out the contents of the bag and laying them on the table.

In front of Isabella's shining eyes, I took out the black combat uniform and then the mask.

Soon, several empty pistol magazines, bullets for it, a combat knife, and finally a bulletproof vest were placed on the table.

As I opened each box of ammunition, I started counting how many were inside. The website had indicated that there were 40 rounds per box for the pistol.

After counting, I confirmed this. But while I was counting the bullets, I noticed that Isabella was doing something. Not wanting to be distracted from my count, I continued ignoring her actions.

When I finished and saw what she was doing, I stood slightly stunned and looked at her.

At that moment, she put on the black combat uniform and covered half of her face with the mask. The mask also had a jawbone of a skull drawn on it, giving a different impression.

However, what stunned me was that she was now assuming a combat stance while holding the pistol.

She held the pistol with one hand, arrogantly lifting her head and looking ahead, portraying a hero from some movie.

The uniform didn't fit her very well, but it didn't mean it wasn't beautiful. The uniform gave her a different charm.

Suddenly, I remembered that it was my uniform.

How would it look on me... Will it be too tight?

58