Chapter 26
1.2k 15 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After watching my sister pose for a few seconds, I snapped out of it and regained my composure.

Ignoring what she was doing, I put on gloves and started taking bullets out of the box, neatly arranging them on the table. My hands moved swiftly and precisely, a result of my knowledge of firearms. I could load the pistol magazines fairly quickly.

After repeating these actions several times, all five magazines were loaded. After checking the pistol's functionality multiple times, I finally finished and set it aside.

My gaze fell upon the bulletproof vest. Holding it in my hands, it felt surprisingly lightweight. I didn't anticipate any difficulties with it.

Taking a combat knife in hand, my instincts took over. My hand quickly turned, making the knife spin, and after a few movements, I stopped and put the knife back.

Everything was in order and as it should be. I only needed to check my combat uniform later. But for now, Isabella was wearing it.

Having organized everything back into the bag, I placed it in my room. Then I headed to the empty training room. It was free and vacant, which worked in my favor. Without hesitation, I started warming up to prepare for my training session.

As I was getting ready, the door opened, and Isabella walked in. She glanced at me, but I continued my warm-up.

"Sister, what are you doing... Do you want to train?" I asked.

"Yeah," she replied.

With that response, I finished my preparation and started doing push-ups on the floor.

Soon, under my sister's gaze, I swiftly completed 20 push-ups and then proceeded to perform three sets of exercises. It took 20 minutes, after which I started throwing punches and kicks in the air.

My movements and strikes became more fluid than before, and my breath remained steady, giving me plenty of energy to repeat them.

[Master of Combat 1(*100)] [Master of Combat 1(*100)] [Master of Combat 1(*100)] [Master of Combat 1(*100)]

As always, the notifications came quickly, adding 100 experience points each time. However, after a few glances, I ignored them and continued swinging my strikes and kicks.

At some point, my sister had already left the room, and then I heard the sound of dishes from the kitchen. She had probably started cooking, but I wanted to level up my skills as much as possible.

After finishing, I rested for a while. Then I started doing the same exercises with a combat knife.

Glancing at my skill, I realized I still had a long way to go before reaching level 4 in knife mastery.

Continuing for another hour, I finally felt my body starting to weaken.

Looking at my stats, which had barely changed, it seemed that it wasn't enough. As I began to rest, the door opened, and my sister stood outside, looking at me. She was wearing an apron and held kitchen utensils in her hand.

"Dinner is ready, let's go eat," she said.

Seeing her leaving, I felt a sense of joy. There was no need to cook for myself.

I left the room and we began our meal.

Looking at her as she ate, I spoke up.

"Isabella, we need to talk about something."

"Oh, tell me, I'm listening," she replied.

"You should also start training, and I want to teach you self-defense. In case anything happens, you should be able to defend yourself."

As I spoke, her expression changed from energetic to gloomy.

"But I'm not very physically capable. Besides, I've been feeling exhausted lately."

"I..." I wanted to say, but seeing her like this, it seemed that she didn't want to do it, despite understanding our situation. What she said about her physical capabilities was true. Her weak physique prevented her from participating in physical activity clubs.

In contrast, Eleanor was quite athletic. It was only because of what happened that she lost any motivation. The consequences were evident now, with her weakened body.

Although I wanted Isabella to train as well, it seemed like she needed some time for that.

Unlike me, she doesn't have the ability to quickly grasp everything. However, I still have a month to complete the tasks. So, there's no need to rush at the moment, although that doesn't exclude the possibility of sudden attacks or accidents.

Recalling the mission objective in my mind, I pondered what would happen next and where all of this would lead me.

The effort I put into becoming stronger increased as my sister was by my side.

But if I can't find out who is manipulating me to achieve their goals, I can't live a normal life. Not just me, but my sister as well.

Looking at my sister's gloomy face, I set a few goals for myself.

Firstly, ensuring her safety.

Secondly, becoming stronger.

And thirdly, finding out who threatens me.

To achieve all these goals, I need to work hard and improve my skill level. I already have a foundation, and through hacking, I could gather information about that person.

Other skills will help me accomplish my goals and protect my sister.

But I won't stop there. I could already envision what would happen if I acquire all the knowledge I neglected in my previous life. Physics, mathematics, chemistry—all the knowledge of the world around me.

Programming skills or any other skill would propel me ahead of others. What if I add skills like parkour, rock climbing, driving, and engineering? Perhaps I could eventually understand how to create nuclear weapons or even an exoskeleton. There are so many possibilities to enhance the body's capabilities through biology.

But all of this is held back by that cursed website. If only the beginning were different, I wouldn't have to worry about who might kill me while I sleep.

The more I thought about it, the more frustrated I became. But I also realized clearly how much potential I have with the skill panel.

The only problem is, can my brain handle learning so much? Or should one of the main focuses be biology to prevent future side effects?

Lost in my thoughts, suddenly a voice snapped me out of it.

"Sister, sister!"

"What's the matter?"

"You seem lost in thought. Well, even though I'm physically weak, you know I can learn quickly. Maybe not as fast as you, but when it comes to strategy or something like that, I'm definitely better than you."

As she spoke, she smiled.

"I didn't say that for you to help me kill people. Self-defense is necessary for your own protection, you understand?"

"Yes, yes, I understand."

She responded and snorted, then continued eating her meal.

But her thoughts also sparked an idea in my mind. Considering the speed at which skills are growing, what if I manage to create a program that can assist me?

Although learning programming or hacking from scratch is very difficult, what if I automate all the processes? And create a special program for my sister so that she can access anywhere and do anything.

While theoretically possible, based on my second-level programming skill, it will be extremely challenging to create. But the only way to find out if I can turn this into reality is to try.

If I can create a user-friendly interface for her, she could be my eyes and ears during missions.

For example, if I infiltrate a building, I could simply instruct my sister through communication to disable the building's power. But all of this will only be possible if my advanced programming level allows me to do so.

After finishing our meal, we lounged on the couch for a while. Then, I resumed training, pushing myself even harder than before. The intensity was greater, and I reached my limit sooner.

As I tidied myself up, I sat in front of the computer and began searching the internet for various information, including news. Before starting my workout, I also asked my sister about that weirdo. However, she said there was no news, which made me suspicious. Could it be possible that the boy actually had some support, which kept his disappearance unknown to the public? Or perhaps there is someone special among other people?

Based on my suggestion, she had already blocked contact from the other side, but he didn't try to call her from another number, which was suspicious. While checking the news feeds, I didn't come across anything mentioning such matters. It seems that the support from the other side is quite significant, as it may have the power to block all news. If it didn't work once, it can be repeated several times. However, I need to be more cautious with it.

Without hesitation, I stopped thinking about it and started reading about programming and hacking. Soon, notifications about attempted breaches quietly appeared.

……………………………………….

(Third person)

Under the night sky, a grand villa was prominently illuminated, occupying a vast territory. People dressed in black suits were seen moving back and forth, if observed closely, they were well-armed. They were the guards of this villa.

At that moment, a bright light shone from the second floor of the enormous villa. The room it illuminated was also spacious, with exquisite decorations that gave it an aristocratic appearance. In the center of the room, there was an elegantly arranged set of sofas surrounding a coffee table. On one side of the sofa sat a person wearing square-framed glasses. Across from him were several teenagers, dressed in different clothes and expensive accessories.

Among them, there was a familiar face, Eldrick, sitting in the corner of the sofa. At this moment, although his face bore old wounds, new ones could also be seen.

The man sitting opposite them remained silent for a long time before speaking. "So, you did all this."

In the center, a teenager of about 18 years old lowered his head before quietly responding, "Yes, father..."

The others also dared not look at the man in front of them.

In response, the man fell silent again, and after a few seconds, he snorted and said, "And you were stupid enough to exchange such photos through a widely accessible program?"

The heads of the people dropped even lower.

"It's astonishing that all of this has only been uncovered now."

"It's thanks to our friend; he uses a unique method of transmission that makes it impossible to access the data."

"Oh... but you still got caught."

When his son replied, the man spoke again in a plain voice, "That's because someone was beaten and robbed."

Speaking thus, the man glanced at Eldrick with evident disapproval.

"A-robbed, you mean?"

Following his son's gaze, the man looked at Eldrick and continued, "And you didn't even put a password on your phone?"

At that moment, Eldrick's face turned ashen, accentuating the pitiful look of his beaten face. Hearing what the man said, he became nervous and stood up from his seat. His voice involuntarily rose as he hastily replied, "No! Seriously! I did put a password... and it was quite complex... I don't know how..."

He barely managed to squeeze out the last words, as he was also puzzled.

Listening to his words, the man frowned slightly, and after asking what the password was and learning about its complexity, the furrow on his face deepened.

Upon looking at all the teenagers, she said, "You can wait for Alex outside." They hastily got up from their seats and made their way to the street. After they had left, the man glanced at his son and said, "Alex, you have been behaving well lately." "What's the matter, Dad?" Alex asked. When his friends had gone, Alex visibly relaxed, but upon hearing his father's words, he became uncertain.

"Consider the likelihood of someone being robbed on the street. Quite high, isn't it? Especially where he was robbed." As Alex listened to his father's words, he nodded and waited for him to continue. "He mentioned having a fairly new phone, and it wouldn't be easy to hack such a device without finding the right person. But if the other side simply wanted to rob him, they could have erased all the data and sold the phone. In the end, whoever they were, they managed to crack the password and send everything to the police."

Alex understood his father's words and they both looked at each other, seemingly understanding what to do without speaking. "So, behave quietly during this time. I want to know if someone is targeting you or if it's just a coincidence," the man said, rising from his seat and walking to the window, gazing out at the vast territory.

He recalled how one of his men was shot in the club. The other side acted ruthlessly and swiftly. Additionally, they had used poison, either for testing or simply due to a mistake. Taking out a cigarette from his pocket and lighting it, he looked at the distant city buildings and pondered. "It seems our lost child wants to act boldly. She's more resolute than her father." Smoke rose, veiling the man's face, leaving only his cold eyes gleaming behind his glasses.

 

 

48