Chapter 27
1k 14 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For three consecutive days, I performed the same action.

The morning started with a workout, followed by a snack, another workout, and another snack. Some time was dedicated to programming practice, as well as knife and pistol games.

The routine was monotonous, but I could clearly see my progress. Moreover, during these two days, I acquired a new skill.

First, it was parkour, which I learned by performing various movements and jumping over obstacles while going to buy food.

Skill

Skill Name: Parkour

Level: 2

Description: Your parkour skills have improved. Now you can execute complex jumps with twists and rolls over wide barriers. You have also learned to utilize walls and the environment for quick vertical or downward movement, allowing you to bypass high obstacles.

[collapse]

The skill proved useful during pursuits, but I realized that I needed to acquire a few more skills.

On the fourth day, I finally convinced Isabella to train with me, and the result was worse than on the first day.

I considered sparring with her, but understanding her situation made me abandon the idea. Despite not attending school, she had been continuously studying. While I wanted to test the skill of acquiring knowledge, becoming stronger was now the priority.

However, the situation weighed heavily on Isabella, and I could clearly see it. Her mood worsened with each passing day.

Being confined at home all the time and expending all her energy on lessons had taken a toll on her. Understanding her situation, I couldn't bear it any longer and decided to talk to her on the fourth day.

"Isabella, let's go somewhere today to have fun and take a break."

In response, she looked at me slightly stunned, and then I saw how she brightened up. Before I could say anything else, she had already entered her room. After a while, I heard the sound of a wardrobe opening, and then I saw clothes laid out on the bed through the open door.

Five minutes later, she stood before me, beautifully dressed.

It was quite quick, but seeing her like that, I also thought to change into something different to somewhat match her.

Soon, we left the house. I opted for simple attire: a black T-shirt, black pants, and sneakers. She wore shorts and a white shirt.

From an outsider's perspective, it looked very beautiful, evident from the frequent glances directed towards us.

"So, where are we going, sis?"

Holding my hand with both of hers like a little child, she asked me, and I couldn't say anything but shrugged, looking at her in response.

"Um... well... let me show you some places. You don't know places like these, as I do."

As we walked ahead, she guided me towards the metro, traveling through several stops and warding off a few unpleasant individuals with sharp replies along the way.

Isabella and I stood in front of the cinema building. On the top, there was a poster depicting a man with black hair and a soft face, surrounded by numerous guns pointed at him.

The theme of the picture reminded me of something I had seen in my previous life, but there was a familiar actor in that one. Here, it was more like a charming guy than an actor.

In my mind, I began comparing what I saw with what I remembered, but it seemed they couldn't be compared.

When I snapped out of my thoughts, Isabella had already purchased two tickets and something to snack on. Pulling me inside, we entered just in time for the screening.

Inside, there were many people. It seemed the movie was about to start in a few moments. We hurriedly found our seats and settled in.

What surprised me was that there were many girls sitting around us. Occasionally, I could hear quiet voices whispering around us.

"...this is his new movie."

"...well, he looks handsome in all his films anyway..."

Listening to the chatter around, I looked at my sister and also noticed her nervousness.

"Isabella... are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh, yes, I'm fine. I'm just a little nervous since it's the first time I'm watching his movie in a cinema."
"His? Whom?"

Listening to her speak with such excitement, I subconsciously asked. In response, she looked at me with doubts.

"What do you mean, 'whom'? Of course, Felix... Don't tell me you don't know?"

I remained silent, as I had no memories of this person.

"...he's a beautiful and charismatic actor."

It seemed like she noticed the expression on my face, so a few moments later, she began describing him, adding more and more words.

"Wait, wait, I understand," I hastily interrupted her. I wanted to ask if she liked him, but suddenly the lights dimmed, signaling the beginning of the movie.

As the film started, I also wondered if it would be the same as it was in the previous world.

Well, it turned out that the plot was not what it seemed. The picture was simply a coincidence, but the actor was different, which often caused a sense of dissonance within me. From time to time, listening to the exclamations of the girls around me, I couldn't help but feel a slight hint of jealousy.

Although the role didn't suit him, as he couldn't make his face stern and intimidating like the actor I remembered.

But because of his handsome appearance, he attracted so many girls, which made me envious.

Mixed with emotions, I left the theater, but my thoughts immediately cooled down. Because I could clearly feel someone's gaze on me.

Taking Isabella's hand, we headed for a stroll at the nearby shopping center. Finally, after passing through several places, the feeling of being followed disappeared.

Thinking that it was dangerous to stay outside for so long, I persuaded my sister, and we returned home.

I don't know who was watching me, but anger filled me. They think they can do whatever they want because they know about me.

Entering the house, we resumed our activities. My sister also regained her mood.

While she was busy with her tasks, I sat at the computer. This time, I didn't feel like training.

Opening the skill panel, my gaze fell on the amount of experience needed to reach the third level of programming.

[- Programming: Level 2 8900/10000]

There wasn't much experience left that I could gain in half an hour.

After thirty minutes, the counter surpassed 10000, and the skill leveled up. Upon receiving the notification, I opened it to read the skill description.

Raising the skill level

Skill Name: Programming
Level: 3
Description: You have become an experienced programmer. Your skills and understanding of programming allow you to develop professional programs and solve complex problems.

[collapse]

After reading the content, I used the computer again to write a program. Indeed, my sense and thought process had changed. The same programs I wrote before could now be written in a simpler way.

But I didn't stop there. The more complex the program, the more experience I could gain. By multiplying this experience, I could become better at programming.

....................................

I didn't sleep that evening; several hours passed. My body was tired, and my mind was losing focus.

Feeling the discomfort in my dry eyes, I still persisted.

It was already morning, around 8 o'clock. Like possessed, I stared at the screen, waiting for the program to start running and complete its creation.

In an instant, another notification appeared. My mind could no longer contain itself, so I fell onto my bed and, after reading the description of the skill upgrade, closed my eyes.

Raising the skill level

Skill Name: Programming
Level: 4
Description: Your programming mastery is comparable to experienced developers. You possess deep knowledge and can create high-quality software solutions.

[collapse]

..........................................

(Third person)

Commercial Street, one of the city's tall buildings with a logo of three vertical white lines on a green background at its pinnacle. At that moment, on the top floor of this building...

A knock sounded on the main door, and under the gaze of blue eyes, the door opened, revealing the secretary entering inside.

"Miss, the CEO of VirtWor companies has come to see you."

When the secretary mentioned the name, the elegant woman sitting behind the desk furrowed her brow, listening intently.

After a few moments, she spoke. "Invite him in."

In response, the secretary nodded, glanced at the woman for a few seconds, and then left the office.

A few minutes later, footsteps echoed, followed by a knock on the door. The secretary returned, accompanied by a man.

He was a middle-aged man with black hair and square glasses that revealed his brown eyes. Upon seeing the elegant woman, he smiled easily and greeted her.

"Miss Iridia," he said, nodding his head.

"Please have a seat, Mr. Jared," she replied.

As he sat behind the desk, the secretary looked at the woman, who signaled that the secretary could leave.

"So, Mr. Jared, how can I assist you? What brings you here personally?" Although Iridia spoke calmly, she felt anxious inside. The man noticed this subtle unease, and the corner of his mouth lifted imperceptibly.

"It's nothing, Miss Iridia. I simply remembered my long-lost friend, and it's unfortunate what happened to him. Upon hearing of your return, I came to express my condolences."

As he spoke, the woman's fist clenched under the table, paling to the bone. Struggling to maintain her composure, she slightly lowered her head and replied, "Thank you, I appreciate it."

Bowing her head, she didn't notice the smile on the man's face as he returned to his seat, while she continued to observe him.

"I know. We were very close. Well, there's no need to dwell on such matters. Let's change the subject. As I can see, you've settled in this place. You have a lot in common with him; he also quickly adapted to everything."

The man spoke, seemingly unaware of the subtly piercing gaze surveying the surroundings.

Just as the woman was about to speak, the man interjected again.

"So, Miss Iridia, it seems you have more potential than he does."

"Thank you for your compliment, sir."

One side spoke with ease, while the other maintained restraint. It would have been a conversation between an elder and a younger person, if not for the sense of incongruity.

"I hope you won't be disappointed in me in the future, Mr. Jared."

As Iridia spoke, she displayed a faint smile, and Jared also smiled, rising from his seat.

"It's time for me to leave. It was a pleasure meeting you, Mrs. Iridia."

He approached the door, but paused before opening it.

"Also, Mrs. Iridia, be careful and wise in these coming days, as the weather is quite adverse."

Without looking back, he uttered these words before opening the door and leaving.

Staring at the closed door, the woman sat silently for a few seconds. But beneath the table, her clenched fists were now pale to the bone.

Recalling the words of the other party and the final warning, she grabbed a vase from the desk, intending to hurl it at the wall. However, she abruptly stopped and placed the vase back.

Taking a deep breath, she rose from her seat and approached the enormous window. Gazing down at the bustling city, she began to speak to herself.

"Seems like the actions were too decisive and public. But... I won't stop until I send all of you to the other side. If this rookie can't handle the task..."

As she spoke, she looked at the file placed on the desktop. With hands trembling, she opened the file, and before her eyes appeared a girl. She was exceptionally beautiful, with red hair and delicate facial features.

However, the lower half of her face was concealed by a black mask, revealing only the upper part.

But there was one incredibly striking thing about her—her dark blue eyes. Emotionless and hollow, they seemed devoid of any light.

Iridia's eyes scanned down to the description written about the girl.

"Based on the information, I should be able to do certain things. I can also send her to eliminate targets if needed."

Placing the folder back on the table, she picked up the phone and made a call.

On the table, in the open folder, the information was visible.

[Codename: 116 (Alias "Lunar Rose")

Age: 19 years old

Classification: Highly dangerous

Description: According to some data, she underwent a special experiment to remove emotions. Finally, when she turned 19, a genetic modification was performed. It was also aimed at eradicating emotions, but the experiment failed, and what happened afterward is unknown. However, after some time, she joined this network under the guidance of someone named EDusk. Despite being a novice, she managed to complete dangerous missions on several occasions.

Skills: Infiltration, martial arts mastery, weapon proficiency.]

"Yes, I want you to do something. I need you to assign tasks to Lunar Rose."

42