54. The Essence Skills
959 9 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thyra took a deep breath and put her hand on the orb. It lights up, forming a transparent screen above the orb.

[Enhanced Strength (green)]

[Bronze Skin (blue)]

[Enhanced Agility (yellow)]

[Storm Zone (Orange)]

[Thunder wave (yellow)]

[Lighting step (green)]

"Oh! I have never expected you to have an orange-level skill." Hure was genuinely surprised, "Looks like the essence was really compatible with you?"

Although Thyra had never used it herself, she had seen others using it. Never had she seen any yellow skills before, much less an orange skill. Then again, none of her soldiers who had used it before had a rare essence, much less a unique one.

From what Jullia had told her, she knew that the higher the colour of the skill, the more powerful it was. Violet is the weakest skill, followed by indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red.

Thyra looked at Hure, asking, "Isn't that because of the unique beast essence."

Hure shook her head, adding, "The beast's essence does play a big part. What is more important is how much essence one can absorb."

"How much essence can one absorb?"

"When you had absorbed the essence, your soul was much stronger than your body. As a unique beast, the physical abilities of your essence beast might have been much stronger than those of other beasts, but the skill you received is average. It means your body wasn't strong enough to absorb the skill completely."

Thyra knew what Hure had said was correct. When Thyra came to this world, her body was really that of a sheltered princess. Although it had improved, it was far from where Thyra wanted it to be.

"However, your soul was highly developed. Your understanding of the element of essence was higher. That was also why you could unlock high levels of elemental skill."

"So, the physical abilities depend on physical compatibility, while the elemental abilities depend on souls." Thyra felt that made sense. After all, her soul was much more mature than the actual Thyra, who might be just a bleep in the actual novel.

Still, there was something that didn't make sense to Thyra. She asked, "Isn't agility's skill level higher than lighting steps?"

Hure shook her head, adding, "If a well-trained one absorbs a rare essence, they can still earn yellow-level agility skills. However, it is hard to earn even a blue-level elemental skill."

"This means that even at the same level, a physical skill is much weaker than an elemental skill.

"Yes. However, more importantly, if you are injured, you won't be able to use a physical boost, while the elemental boost doesn't depend on your body."

Thyra got the gist of it. "So I can transform into lighting because of the lightning step skill?"

"Transform?" Hure looked at her, not believing what Thyra had said. Seeing Thyra nod, Hure asked, "Did an elemental mage teach you?"

"Why?"

"Elemental transformation isn't a type of skill that you can get even if you want. It doesn't matter if the beast could do it or not. If only you can comprehend the concept of the element, you can transform."

For Thyra, who had come from Earth and had a substantial amount of education, it wasn't much of a problem.

Hure misunderstood her expression, saying, "The comprehensive knowledge is well-guarded. Only the higher echelon of the royal institute has access to them."

"Is there really a need to guard what air is? Everyone can understand what fire does and why water flows…"

"It's hard for a genius like you to understand the struggle of normal people." Hure simply shook her head.

Thyra didn't need to worry about it as long as it was a good thing. What she was worried about was something else. "These are about the skills of bull essence. What about the slime essence?"

Hure shook her head, adding, "I have never seen anyone with dual essence. I don't know."

Thyra understood why that was the case. If one soul can only possess one essence, she understood it was possible because her body once housed two souls.

"Your thunder bull was still the Dominant one." Hure thought for a moment, adding, "If we could suppress your dominant essence, Essence suppression cuff?"

"No, I have something better. But the problem is, I don't know how to use it." Thyra pulled out the ball with an intricate design.

"How do you have that?" Hure was shocked to see it but didn't dare touch it. "Such a high-grade product. This is just the second time I have seen it."

"When was the first time?"

"At the auction." Hure sighed, saying, "It's a really high-grade item. But where did you get it?"

After Thyra explained, Hure asked in a serious voice, "Are you sure your brothers and sisters didn't know of your existence?"

"They shouldn't be." Thyra was convinced that it wasn't the case.

"That thing is the product of the royal academy. Other than the royal family, nobody should have access to it."

"But…" Thyra knew that if what Hure had said was true, she might be in serious danger.

"The ducal family might also be a possibility." Hure added, "After all, your father has one or two partners from three out of four ducal families."

"Whatever the case, I have progressed with the thought that they know about my existence. Underestimating my enemy is the last thing I could do. But for now, I need to understand how to use this."

"You normally would have needed a mage to reset it. However, as it was used on you last time, it would be easier. You can pour your essence energy, and it will…"

Hure didn't get to finish her sentence before the ball fell on the table. The intricate design was glowing blue.

"Are you okay?" Looking at her formless body, Hure was a little concerned.

She could see the slime was moving but wasn't sure if Thyra could hear it. Hure watched as the slime moved towards the orb and touched it. As soon as the slime touched it, it began glowing, and text appeared on the transparent panel.

[Accelerated Healing (Blue)]

[Mana absorption (Blue)]

[Mana Perception (Indigo)]

[Shapeshifting (Green)]

"Although you didn't get the regeneration ability, you still got a good one. [Shapeshifting] wasn't the skill one normally acquires from a slime."

*Knock* knock*

Hure looked at the slime before ordering the person to come in.

As soon as Selda came in, he noticed the slime on the table.

"Don't worry about it." Hure said, "What is it?"

Selda knew that in the absence of Thyra, Hure was the one who held the highest authority. So, he reported, "The group had returned."

"Oh! What did they recover?"

"Golds are the most common. A few weapons and two essences, also…" Selda hesitated, adding, "There are also many people."

"People?"

"Did not the Orcs and Kobolds destroy the camp?"

I believe the woman who led them to safety was the partner of the chief. Selda paused, asking, "What should we do with them?"

Hure looked at the slime, adding, "Imprison them right now. My lady will make a decision."

My Patreon page is now active. You can read upto 25 advanced cahpters, along with sidestories on my Patreon and also support me in the process.

My Patreon: www.patreon.com/thefinal1

 

However, don't worry if you can't join my patreon. I will continue my daily upload both on WN and SH. You can still show you support with like, comments and powerstones.

I am really thankfull for all of your (including the shy readers) continuous support.

27