71. Rewards
800 5 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Do you understand what it means to be a royal knight?” Borg pushed forward a badge with a big teal (green-blue) gemstone.

Thyra wasn’t sure what type of stone it was, but she could feel a little bit of mana coursing through it. As soon as she touched it, her mana was sucked into the stone, forming a golden long-horn in the air.

Borg wasn’t happy with Thyra’s reaction. Still, he explained, “It’s your official emblem. Your essence is the thunder bull, so the longhorn was chosen as your symbol. All the other nobles would be made aware of the sign.”

“My symbol? You mean I have my flag?” Thyra knew the nobles had their flags, but not the knights. 

Borg sighed. It was like teaching a kid. But he felt it was natural. After all, Thyra had just turned fourteen. Although she is training as a knight, it is natural for her not to know the ins and outs of the army.

“You are a royal knight. Unlike other knights, you only pledge allegiance to the monarch of the kingdom. Your flag will be delivered to you later. The teal represents Hoax viscounty, while the golden horn represents royal allegiance on the flag.”

“Unlike normal knights of your viscounty, you can maintain an army even after the war. However, the number of soldiers shouldn’t exceed 100 during peacetime.”

“Is that the maximum?”

Borg looked at Thyra in utter disbelief. From the first time he met her, he felt this girl wasn’t normal. After all, whether they are the sons of a duke or the crown prince, none dare act as she did in the royal court.

Even now, she was talking like she was negotiating a business deal with him. Even if she was a royal knight, he was a count and the chief royal courtier. Yet this girl didn’t care about the hierarchy.

“Most of the royal knights didn’t have their own army.”

“I am not most of them.”

“Huh?”

“None of them could successfully absorb a unique essence at the age of thirteen.” For Thyra, it was really nothing other than a business meeting. It was a meeting that would affect her future a lot.

Having more soldiers after the war meant she could protect herself better during the upcoming civil war. And she couldn’t just let such a good chance go.

“There are a few exceptional royal knights who have 200 strong armies. However, that is because of their long-term contribution to the kingdom.”

Seeing that Thyra was deeply contemplating something, he added, “If you wanted to build an army to go against the duke, then forget it. You won’t. However, you have a way to do it quickly.”

“Fight the war, earn credit, and become a noble, right?” 

Borg looked at her, sighing in his heart. He felt the girl before him was really someone he couldn’t understand. Even the mages of the royal academy could match her unpredictability.

The only thing he could do was nod.

“That is the problem.”

“How is that a problem?”

“You see, I would have been deployed with our army. Our soldiers might have been few in number, but we were with my father and other soldiers. However, although the number of soldiers under me has increased, I am deployed to a different place.”

Borg sighed in his heart. After all, he had expected it. No matter how genius they are, these heirs of noble families have been pampered their entire lives. It was natural for them to be afraid. 

“Furthermore, the soldiers I will be recruiting and training from this point forward will not be fully prepared for deployment.”

‘I was right.’ Borg felt that he was right when he told his majesty not to do it. It was true that this girl had great talent, and grooming her would have a better result than sending her to the battlefield.

However, the king advised him that he should use the heat of battle to forge a better sword.

“So, If your Majesty can support me with a little more resources, then it will be a little easier to make a better army.”

“Huh?” Brog never expected such words.

Thyra realised she would never have a better opportunity to stock up on gold before the war began. So, she chose the word correctly.

“Listen to me. We have already recruited the best prospect in the army. The people we can recruit now will take time and will be low-grade. So, I just went out and spent 1500 gold recruiting slaves for the army.”

Instead of complaining, as Brog had expected, the girl instead shows impressive foresight. This girl is really different. However, he couldn’t help adding, “A slave can’t be recruited in the army as a soldier.”

Thyra shook her head, saying, “Did you forget who I am?”

“Huh?” After exclaiming, Borg felt that the girl had left him speechless multiple times.

“Although I don’t have land, I am still a low-rank noble, and I can make them free man. So they can join the army.”

Borg couldn’t help laughing, but Thyra continued explaining seriously, “I won’t say I can’t train them, but I have to spend more money to train them…”

Borg put a bag of gold on the table, saying, “His Majesty had allotted 700 gold, 200 gold higher than normal for the 100 men army.”

“That is very generous from his majesty, but…”

Before Thyra could say anything, Borg raised his hand, saying, “There is another 500 for your rite of passage reward, also 200 gold for your annual salary.”

Thyra frowned but didn’t say anything. She juggled the coin bag in her hand a few times. But Borg has already started how her head works. He said with a smile, “These are royal gold coins. One of them is equal to 100 normal gold coins.”

‘Now, I have got back all the reinvestment,’ Only then did a smile appear on Thyra’s face. 

At this time, Borg pulled out a badge and pushed it towards Thyra. Thyra looked at the ruby badge. She was sure it was similar to her knight's badge from the first look.

“The number of enemies you have is not low. Neither are they weak. However, letting you go without any protection wouldn't be wise. Take this one.”

“My enemy is the ducal family, as you know. But you are just a count. How do you think it will help you?”

“You never get satisfied, do you?”

“I am stating the fact.” 

Looking at her serious face, Borg smiled, saying, “I am also chief courtier. Although I might not be as rich as them, it will still protect you. Keep it and use it wisely.”

Thyra nodded and kept the badge and gold coin pouch safe. 

“Your gale eagle carrier is ready, and you can go back anytime you want.”

“Then I will return now.”

Borg hesitated, asking, “Do you want to meet Justin before you leave?”

“Has he woken up?”

“No.” Borg shook his head, adding, “The royal physician is treating him. He will wake up soon.”

“Then, I will return first.”

 

22