Ch:2 – Cycle One
1.4k 4 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Suddenly, the walls around us ceased to be and light shone from the many chandeliers, creating a refined ambient that felt contrary to what I had experienced so far. It seemed there were other nobles in similar situations as this lady. In front of them, there were spirits of many forms: some humanoids, a few furry, and others that looked menacing like vile monsters.

Unexpectedly, a wave of mist spread around me, causing panic to grow within my heart, "what's happening?"

"Don't worry! It's just your body being formed."

Her words subdued my worries.

"Contracted information," magical characters shone between us giving birth to something intricate. 

The details about my new self quickly took shape as I felt myself shrinking, finding myself to have become rather small once more. I then remembered that destiny told me I would have to start anew. Though there was some expectation towards being born normally, rather naturally as I once had. This was far from my imagination, it left me without the possibility of receiving new parents, those I could call family.

The lady in front of me muttered something but I failed to grasp its meaning. Instead, I stood still, waiting to see the outcome of this transformation.

I caught a glimpse of her darting somewhere outside this room, returning with a man in black who brought something big made of wood. The man turned it around and then I managed to see what was happening to me through the reflection from the mirror.

Slowly, my features were built one after another, leaving me to become a peerless cutie despite my child-like appearance. There was certainly room for growth. But nothing that a decade wouldn't solve as long as I could grow fast in human standards.

Once the mist dispersed, I went in awe at my looks: silvery hair and eyes, fluffy ears, and a short tail that was barely visible. My body proportions were slim, incredibly flat in the chest and bottom area, and I was short which was within expectation. Compared to some of the other spirits, I looked terribly weak, yet far more human, similar to the surrounding nobles.

On the second floor, a voice came along resonating from the balcony through the long hall, one that sounded rough and old, but filled with eminence and power, "announce the results!"

The people from both patios stood silent watching with prying eyes at us, at our gains, and our fortunes.

I noticed how all the boys and girls stood in line keeping one hand on the left side of the chest, each looking not in front of their contracted familiars but slightly sideways to some magic words.

"I Frederica Von Hart announce my slave information," with a gesture, the magic words left her slave bracelet, becoming big enough for everyone to see despite how far they were from us.

Unnamed | level: 1 | Age: 45 | Race: Orc
Strength: 4 | Vitality: 3 | Stamina: 2
Agility: 1

"Despite being ugly, its parameters will be great for battle," the man from before explained, getting the other nobles to clap at the slave.

Without as much as uttering a word, the following candidate introduced himself, "I Albert Von Astrea announce my slave information."

His was like no other, a tree with arms and legs, and more branches here and there, in the bottom on that peculiar spot. Its appearance made me think that perhaps it was male, that is if it had a gender at all.

Unnamed | level: 1 | Age: 73 | Race: Treant
Strength: 1 | Vitality: 4 | Stamina: 3
Affinity: Nature 

"It has an affinity!" The diverse voices exclaimed in unison. Whatever that meant must have been something good.

With a whimsical click of a tongue, my master protested, from her unhappy expression that was certainly bad news.

"Everyone got good slaves but me," she cursed herself. It seemed whatever parameters I possessed, were not to her liking.

"Gustavo Von Ribald," this youngster gestured differently from the rest, waving his hand to the side. On his face, a smug splattered from cheek to cheek could be seen. He was far more excited with his result than anyone else.

Unnamed | level: 1 | Age: 201 | Race: Ghost
Vitality: 3 | Stamina: 1
Intelligence: 2
Agility: -2
Affinity: Ethereal
Resistance: Physical
Weakness: Magic

"Unprecedented!" The man's single word was enough to cause everyone to raise from their seats. The urge to have that youngster in their ranks was now a must. Their eyes were far more vicious than the ones from the spirits.

"I Farnese Von Han announce my slave information," similar to theirs, numbers and letters appeared causing me to smile.

Unnamed | level: 1 | Age: 8 | Race: Kitsune
Strength: -19 | Vitality: 1 | Stamina: -17
Agility: -19 | Dexterity: -18
Intelligence: 4 | Wisdom: 4
Innate Ability: Communication.
Weakness: Physical and Magical
Blessing: Beauty

An awkward silence befell, covering the mouths of everyone with invisible hands.

With a soft cough as the man couldn't allow himself to be rude to the guests, he extended his arms to the sides, "with this, we finish the seven hundred, seventy-seventh ceremony."

I dared not utter a single word, for her nails were almost piercing her milky smooth skin layer. The whiteness of her eyes was red almost as if she was holding back her tears, "I'm sorry I failed... dad... mom..." She removed her hand from mine, looked at me coldly from above, piercing my eyes with her anger and despair, and then in a rush, darted outside. 

The other teens stood behind celebrating their fortune with the slaves each one received.

And I stood there confused looking at the man in black attire, who didn't move nor uttered a word.

Without knowing what to do, I looked at my surroundings, noticing the ones on the second floor vanishing through what looked like a door which led to some stairs. It didn't take long for them to come to speak with the teens, giving them proposals for their future. They went from business to marriage requests, "Gustavo, look at my daughter Irene. Ain't she a beauty?"

"She certainly is my lord," he added as his cheeks became rosy, embarrassed by her appearance and the sudden question.

Glasses of alcohol were given to the youngsters and the nobles who attempted their deals.

Feeling rather suffocated by their behavior, I walked outside, through the way the lady had gone.

41