Chapter 10 – Gwen: How can I be so greedy for a man I’ve just met for less than 2 hours!
501 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Some dirty thoughts crossed Lynn's mind, but she quickly shook his head.

There was no need to use trashy tricks like blackmailing women to get a woman.

With his current appearance and power.

Are you not confident in your own charm to conquer a woman's heart and body?

Even Jean who is the heroine almost fell for his charm.

What about the girl in front of him who is also the heroine?

Lynn smiled as he patted his clothes that were a bit dusty from falling to the ground.

After standing up, he looked at the girl in front of him who looked worried and felt guilty as she looked at him.

"No need to take responsibility, I know you didn't do it on purpose."

"Really?" The girl asked again as if unsure.

Good girl.

Do you really want to take responsibility?

This kind of personality of yours is a bit worrying.

Lynn was getting a little worried that the girl in front of him would be deceived by someone in the future.

"Yes, even though it was my first kiss. I don't feel disadvantaged because the one I kissed was a beautiful girl like you."

"Ah, once again, sorry for that!" The girl lowered her head while apologizing, but when she processed what the man in front of her said.

Her face flushed, she looked at the man she had bumped into and accidentally kissed, and just realized that he was very handsome!

Although initially she also felt aggrieved that her first kiss was taken by the unknown man she hit on the road. But when she saw the man's appearance, she felt that she didn't have much to lose...

The man in front of her was the most handsome man she had ever seen. Although blond handsome men are plentiful in America, especially in New York. But the man in front of her was definitely not an ordinary blonde handsome man who usually looks like a sissy.

The man in front of her had golden blonde hair that was cut short with some sharp, thin bangs. Sky blue eyes that were even more beautiful than her, fair skin, tall, and athletic-looking with nice muscles.

Why did she know his muscles were good? It was because when she bumped into him earlier, she felt a bit of his strong chest and stomach muscles.

Also, the guy in front of her didn't take advantage when she asked about taking responsibility earlier.

The question was clearly on purpose, and she just wanted to test the other party. But hearing the other party not asking anything from her, she immediately had a good impression of the man in front of her.

Due to a certain impulse, she even extended her hand to get acquainted with the other party.

"My name is Gwen Stacy. Sir, what's your name? Although you said it's fine, I feel the need to compensate you for what I've done to you."

The act of extending a hand while giving a reason to get acquainted, Gwen who looked a bit tomboyish was like a man who wanted to pick up a pretty girl.

That pretty girl was of course Lynn.

No, what nonsense!

Lynn felt that something was wrong with his imagination, it seemed like he was thinking too much after finding out who the heroine was this time.

It turned out to be Gwen Stacy.

And from her tomboy-like appearance, he must be that version of Gwen.

This was not the common version of Gwen that he knew from The Amazing Spiderman movie, but the superhero version of Gwen who would become Ghost Spider.

Basically, the Gwen in front of him was the female version of Spiderman!

Don't know if she had gotten her superpowers or not by now, but it seemed like she hadn't because she didn't have the spider sense that enhanced her reflexes when she was about to slip and fall before.

The Gwen in front of him is still a normal human, and it seems like she hasn't been bitten by the radioactive spider in Osborn Laboratory.

Looking at Lynn who was silent and ignored her hand that wanted to get acquainted, Gwen felt sad.

Could it be that this handsome man hated her because of what she had done before?

Gwen was about to give up and take back her outstretched hand, but the handsome man immediately caught her hand and said:

"I'm Lynn Allen. Miss Gwen, I think before you want to compensate me, you should look at your right foot first."

Lynn shook Gwen's soft hand while looking at her legs covered by tight jeans.

Gwen followed his line of sight, staring at her right leg, or rather her blue-colored ankle.

Soon, she realized the pain of moving her right leg, making her almost fall, but the man named Lynn caught her.

"Be careful."

"Ah! T-Thank you, Mr. Lynn."

Gwen, who was confused, realized that Lynn had caught her falling body again. Now she felt the other party's hands on her waist, and her body resting on his strong chest.

The other party's masculine scent wafted by her nose, making her somewhat intoxicated.

Her face naturally flushed with embarrassment, after all, before meeting Lynn, she had never had this much skin contact with any man other than her own father.

Seeing the two people embracing in the middle of the street.

The people who had been watching from the beginning, felt sour and envious.

What's wrong with the plot of this drama?

Are you guys filming a movie?

Hollywood movie?

Where are the cameramen and directors hiding?

Pull them out!

Koko and Mao Chan who were originally standing not far from Lynn.

They were both enjoying being the audience of drama.

Koko took out a melon bread out of nowhere, she also didn't forget to share it with Mao Chan.

"Mao Chan, what do you think?"

"Mao~"

Mao Chan meowed while eating melon bread.

The meaning was unclear.

But Koko nodded as if she understood what she was saying.

"Melon bread is good, right? Do you want to try the chocolate flavor? Koko has it too."

"Mao~"

"Now?"

"Mao~"

"Koko will give it to you as long as you let her sit on you while walking around the house."

"...Mao~"

Mao Chan was a little hesitant, but she nodded while meowing.

Koko smiled, she took out a chocolate-flavored melon bread out of nowhere and gave it to Mao Chan.

"Eat this."

"Mao~"

Lynn, who saw this interaction out of the corner of his eye, couldn't help but twitch his lips.

Okay, you two get along very well.

That's good.

By the way he paid more attention to Gwen's state for the time being and asked. "Miss Gwen, with the condition of your leg right now. Do you want to go to the hospital? I can take you."

"That's... No, there's no need, Mr. Lynn. I actually have to go to school soon to practice band with my friends."

Gwen refused, she had already stabilized herself and stood up without Lynn's help. Although with her current legs it was a bit difficult to walk, she was able to force herself up.

Lynn sighed seeing this stubborn girl.

"Then let me walk you to school."

"Uh, Mr. Lynn. That would be too much trouble for you..."

"Miss Gwen, you said you wanted to compensate me? It's good if I know where you go to school. That way, I don't have to worry about you lying and running away because I know where you go to school."

Of course that was just a fake excuse, the real reason he was just worried about Gwen hurting herself.

Lynn even smiled when he said that.

Making Gwen understand that the other party just wanted to help her, but he even bothered to make such a complicated excuse.

This made Lynn's image rise a few points in her heart.

Such a good-looking man!

Which girl would refuse?

The somewhat embarrassed Gwen smiled and said: "Okay, then, please take me to school, Mr. Lynn."

"Sure Miss Gwen, leave it to me."

...

..

Meanwhile.

On the other side of New York.

It is the darkest part of New York that is rumored to be the area with the least police influence and where crimes are most often committed.

Many villains hide there, and the locals who live there want to move elsewhere because they realize how dangerous it is to live there.

But with their tight economic conditions, especially for people living in the United States, many of them stay put and only a few actually move to other cities.

Even so, there are rumors that people moving to other cities have been mysteriously killed. This of course causes people to be even more afraid to move to other cities, and choose to stay even though it's dangerous, but it's okay as long as you don't get killed like some other people who moved to other cities.

Currently, in a certain building, where villains often gather, which called the Hellfire Club.

In a room, there were two people playing chess.

One of them was a man in a blue suit.

He was Sebastian Shaw, the Black King, the leader of the Hellfire Club.

Sitting in front of him was a man in a black suit with a thick mustache. He was known as Mastermind, but his real name was Jason, Jason Wyngarde.

Both are super villains and evil mutants at the same time.

Moving her bishop piece, Shaw asked without looking at Jason.

"How are things going on your side, Jason?"

Hearing Shaw's question, Jason smiled slightly and moved his pawn to overcome Shaw's bishop.

"It's still a work in progress, and I'm sure it won't be long before Jean Grey's psychological defenses weaken to the lowest level."

"Oh? I heard your men attacked Jean a few days ago, and almost killed her."

Shaw moved another pawn, his voice indifferent so that people could hardly judge his emotions.

But Jason knew Shaw was mocking him.

Jason just smiled in response to Shaw's mockery, he moved his pawn and said: "As if you care about Jean Grey's life and death, Shaw. Even if Jean Grey dies, she can come back to life with the Phoenix inside her."

When mentioning "Phoenix", his eyes had longing and gluttony.

Looking at Jason, Shaw knew how obsessed Jason was with the Phoenix power inside Jean Grey.

Shaw didn't care about Jason's obsession, but he was more concerned about whether or not Jason's plan would work.

After all, he had invested in Jason, his only goal was to strengthen the Hellfire Club, and Jean Grey was the key to all his plans.

As long as Jean Grey is successfully obtained, all the ambitions he has been holding back can be realized in a more domineering way, even more domineering than simple-minded mutant groups like Magneto and his group.

Unlike Magneto who wants to rule the world by going to war with humanity. He, Shaw and his group are pragmatic villains who will only make a move when they have the absolute power to achieve their goals.

As long as they don't have enough power to dominate all sides, he and his group will only do small actions to strengthen their power.

The quickest way is to get Jean Grey on their side, which becomes Jason's main task as he has the suitable mind control ability to do so.

It just takes Jean Grey with her low psychological defenses to make Jason's ability actually work to influence Phoenix and make her the Dark Phoenix as planned.

Shaw frowned, he felt that he needed to get confirmation whether the creation plan of "Dark Phoenix" was going in the right direction?

He looked at Jason and stopped playing chess.

"Jason, are you doing it right? I know you plan to weaken Jean Grey's psychological defenses by making her experience a lot of negative emotions."

"You even told your men earlier to shoot Jean to death."

"But from my intelligence, I know you failed to even do that. Putting aside your subordinates who died because of Jean Grey's explosion, but you really didn't succeed in killing Jean Grey that night."

"The important point is, did everything you did really affect Jean Grey? If not, you know how to pay me back after all I have invested in you."

The light in Shaw's eyes was cold, there was a clear murderous intent in his eyes when looking at Jason.

Jason who saw this also stopped playing chess and put on a serious expression.

In his heart, he felt humiliated to be threatened like this by Shaw.

If it weren't for the other party being stronger than him and having many strong subordinates by his side, he would have wanted to shoot Shaw to death right now.

It's just that he has to be patient, he has to be patient...

After getting Phoenix on his own side, not only Shaw, all members of the Hellfire Club had to submit to him back then.

Actually, besides having the ambition to have Phoenix Jean Grey by his side, he also had the ambition to oust Shaw from the Hellfire Club's leadership seat and replace him to sit in that position.

He hid his thoughts well of course, on the surface he did not show his wolfish ambitions.

"Don't worry, Shaw. It's still going well, even though I failed to kill Jean Grey earlier. In fact Jean Grey was really affected, she even lost control, affecting her psychological defenses."

"The extra defense Charles made to protect her psychological defense was even weakened to a certain degree."

"And how do you know this for sure?" Shaw asked curiously.

Although he could be said to be the boss of Jason, it was actually more like a cooperative relationship between his group and Jason's group.

So he didn't know the details of what Jason was actually doing behind his back.

Seeing Shaw's curiosity, Jason felt happy and even arrogant in his heart. But he explained in a kind tone to Shaw like a plastic friend.

"Shaw, you may not know, but I've actually managed to smuggle someone into Xavier School over the past few years."

"And that person has been well integrated in the X-Men group, he even has a good enough relationship with Jean Grey to be able to monitor her psychology condition well."

"In fact, from the latest news I got from her, I know that Jean Grey is currently in love with someone who saved her after being attacked by my subordinates that night and this is a good opportunity for our plan!"

Jason became excited as he said all that.

Shaw's expression was indifferent as usual, but he increased Jason's value in his eyes a little.

It seemed that the man in front of him was quite useful.

So at least there was no need to kill him for now.

"Okay. So what are you going to do next? Attack Jean Grey again? Wait, maybe you'll target..."

Looking at Shaw who seemed to have guessed his next move.

Jason smiled, even showing his white teeth.

"As expected of the Black King, you're right. Instead of targeting Jean Grey, it's better to target the person she likes, and it just so happens that a man she likes is a good target."

"When someone loses a loved one, isn't that the most effective thing to make him get a lot of negative emotions?"

Looking at the very confident Jason, Shaw nodded.

"Then I will continue to rely on you in the Dark Phoenix project."

"Jason, don't let me down."

...

On the other side.

Lynn had no idea someone was plotting against her because of his relationship with Jean.

Even if he did, as long as his enemy wasn't on the level of an Ancient One, Odin, or any other God-Father level being.

Below that level, he was confident in his current power.

Now, in front of the gates of Midtown School.

"Thank you for driving me, Lynn. As for my previous compensation promise, don't worry. I'll treat you to a meal together later!"

The somewhat limping Gwen had gotten out of the car and called Lynn more familiarly as the two had chatted a lot on the way.

She had even gotten acquainted with Koko and Mao Chan.

And now, she still hadn't forgotten about the compensation issue.

This girl seemed to insist on doing it as an excuse to get to know him better.

Lynn cannot help but be narcissistic.

Sorry about that, but if another person were put in his shoes right now?

Would many of them not feel narcissistic when a pretty girl wanted to make a meal appointment with him as compensation?

If it's him/author/reader.

It would be yes/yes/and probably not.

"You really don't need to rush the compensation issue. You can contact me when you have some free time, Gwen."

"By the way take this and use it."

Gwen took a small green glass bottle from Lynn's hand and asked curiously.

"Lynn, what is this? It looks quite watery inside, it's not ointment, right?"

Since the glass was quite transparent, Gwen could see the shadow of the liquid inside quite clearly.

Lynn nodded at Gwen's question.

"This is not an ointment, but a more effective medicine to heal the injury on your right leg in a short time."

"As for how short it is? You'll have to try it to find out."

Looking at Gwen who was still staring at the bottle in her hand. Lynn immediately said: "Of course if you have any doubts, you can try a more common product. I also have a regular ointment in..."

"It's okay Lynn, I trust you."

Before Lynn was about to take out the usual ointment, Gwen unhesitatingly opened the bottle in her hand and gulped down all the contents.

Lynn was a little surprised.

He was happy, but also a little worried because this girl trusted him too much, right?

Aren't you afraid of being sedated?

Fortunately it's really a medicine to heal wounds, or rather it's like the Healing Potion products that you usually see in games. The difference is that this is a real healing potion, given by the system.

There were actually quite a few of them, and they were barely used in the system's inventory.

So he lightly gave one of them to Gwen because she needed it more than him.

"Wow! I-It's... My leg really healed? Instantly healed!"

"This medicine is awesome, Lynn! Where did you buy it?"

An excited Gwen, moved her feet briskly and asked.

"It's not sold in the market... You can think of it as a medicine only available in my family."

"So isn't it very precious? You're giving it to me?"

Gwen was touched to hear that Lynn was giving something like this to her. Wouldn't this just increase her debt to the other party?

Lynn waved his hand lightly. "Don't think too much, there are plenty in my house. Giving one to you is nothing serious."

"By the way, aren't you already very late? You said you'd be practicing band with your friends."

"Ah right! Thanks for today Lynn! Koko, and Mao Chan too! See you soon!"

Gwen immediately ran to the school while waving her hand, she also didn't forget to smile at the silver-haired loli and fat cat peeping from the car window.

There was an unconcealed joy on her face when she saw Lynn waving and smiling at her.

She hasn't been long met him, but she felt very happy when she was with him.

It would be nice if Lynn could stay with her longer, right?

Maybe we can chat more, touch more... Like when we kissed before.

When this thought crossed her mind, Gwen felt her face heat up as she ran into the school.

She even screamed in her mind.

'What was I thinking! How could I be so greedy for a guy I just met for less than 2 hours!'

Koko who had been watching from the beginning nodded at Gwen.

Mao Chan meowed.

"Mao~"

Lynn smiled slightly after seeing that Gwen had actually entered the school.

This was the most popular high school in New York, but that was not the point.

The point was that this was Midtown School.

Doesn't that mean Gwen is in the same school as the protagonist and maybe the other heroines are here too?

To be sure, if there is no time difference from the original work.

The protagonist named Peter Parker should also be attending Midtown School.

Who the heck is Peter Parker? Out of the many timelines in the Marvel universe, he will usually always be Spider-Man!

20