Chapter 4
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bobby found the simple question to be more difficult with every passing second: to go or not to?

Bobby originally became curious of his own scenario; what is this university? When did I apply? How did I take the test? However, Bobby was more concerned about how he set up this entire scheme under his own nose. Bobby tried scheduling every minute in the past month. Either he was at work, home or with  Amanda. He didn’t do it at work since his hours were timed. He couldn’t have done it in front of Amanda, while eating dinner, of all things. And when he was at home, he preferred to just… do nothing. He had no computer at home, let alone a printer; they were the last thing a ‘sick’ person like him needed or wanted.  

He slightly leaned back in his office hair. The system was acting all buggy today, and Bobby couldn’t focus on fixing it. It doesn’t help that he didn’t hear from Boss after Amanda supposedly called him. Bobby sighed, ‘what a rotten week.’

‘Fuck it,’ Bobby thought leaning forward, taking his cellphone off his desk, and called Boss. Boss was always difficult to talk with.

A “What?” came across from the other line, dominating the hushing voices.

“I am thinking of taking the remainder of the day off,” Bobby said. He leaned back into his chair, staring at the computer screen in front of him.

“Fine. What else?” was the response.

Bobby was dumbfounded, but his mouth moved on his own. “Did Amanda tell you me schizophrenia is acting up? What will happen to my job?”

Silence overwhelmed the call. Just as Bobby opened his mouth, “No she didn’t tell me. I’ll call you afterward,” and Boss hung up the phone.

Bobby put his phone down, and just… did nothing. Well, except wander his mind some more. He left work, eventually, just to go home and rest. Maybe, just maybe, his schizophrenia will act up and trigger something. Something he can trace.

And nothing happened.

And the remainder of the week flew by. It was Saturday.

Bobby decided not to go in the end. He was curious, sure, but it’s a place that doesn’t exist. Besides, Amanda basically told him not to go.

And so, he spent the morning in his bed.

Or so he thought; before he knew it. He was standing in a somewhat large room, standing next to a chair in the corner of the square room.

“Have a seat,” a voice echoed in the room.

And Bobby sat down. Still lost about everything. ‘What the actual fuck, what the actual fuck, what the actual fuck…’ Bobby kept on repeating the phrase in his head. ‘What the fuck triggered his schizophrenia?

Why was he here, or what is here? Just… what?’ Bobby was baffled… at just everything.

“How did you learn of the magic of soul manifestation?” A different formless voice echoed in the room.

“I didn’t…” At this point, everything was happening against Bobby’s will. He wanted to cry, like usual. But even that failed him.

Silence.

“Elaborate.”

“I am doing research for ‘Boss’ at Gen Zero Officina on creating a soul by artificial intelligence. This would be achieved by asking the program questions and hopefully, it will develop a personality and a soul.”

Again, the room was silent. But soon, the veil was revealed, and multiple people started screaming at each other. And a man with grey hair grabbed him by the arm and dragged him out the room. “Sorry for their unprofessional attitude,” he said with a smile, as crow’s feet formed at the corner of his eyes, “It’s all just politics, there is no need to worry or think about them.” Bobby almost didn’t hear what he was saying, the screaming and yelling was overwhelming Bobby’s ears. “I’m David Iteru, but I also go by Professor, or Professor Dave, if you would prefer.” He let go of Bobby’s arm.

“And I’m Bob,” Bobby automatically responded.

Professor Dave nodded, “Yes, we are well aware of your scenario,” he said with a snap, and soon they were in his office. “And you must have a lot of questions.”

Bobby looked around the room. Skeletons of different creatures dangled from the ceiling, and the walls were aligned with bookshelves, stuffed with books, and notes scattered on the floor. “And to start, we are well aware of how you were rejected from the magic academy in Florence, Italy.” He leaned back in his office chair; he was hardly visible from the bright lights from the windows behind him shining through. “But we are willing to take you in. Although, your scenario is a bit tricky.”

Bobby drew a cross on chest at this point and just started praying, like a normal person would do. And hoped to dear God he would just wake up. He cried slightly, as his whimpering voice fluctuated.

“Ah, yes, your concerning nature. Magic is real, and this isn’t some fiction or epic fantasy novel. Although. it’s not much different from what is established in the outside by the… ajendes.”

And Bobby continued his prayer, almost turning into a full on scream.

“It seems the spell is still in effect, somehow,” Professor Dave said, snapping his fingers, sending a shock from Bobby’s skull to every single nerve in his body. And Bobby knew he woke up from his nightmare. And he knew it was no longer a dream. This is real. Magic is real.

Professor Dave continued to smile- or at least Bobby thought so. Bobby placed his head in his hands, and roughly rubbed them up and down his face, dragging his skin along his hands. “Just what now?”

“Now, you have the option to attend this academy, you were accepted, after all.” Professor was still, unmoving unlike the dangling skeletons above.

“Can I get back to you next week? I just need tonight process everything,” Bobby finally said, as he gathered himself. Maybe Amanda can make something of all this mess.

“Sure, I am sure this is a big decision on your behalf,” He said, standing up. “Although our academy isn’t as glorious as Florence’s academy, but our education is just on par with or above theirs.”

Bobby just had a headache as he tried looking for the door in this room. Bobby looked at Professor Dave helplessly.

“Yes, one of the many security features of my room is that there is no door, I will directly teleport you over to your room,” he said still smiling. “Teleporting can cause disassociation, so be careful,” he said with a snap.

And before he knew it, he was back in his room. He looked around, it was the same plain room as always. A two room apartment- a master bedroom and a kitchen- and his bed was in on one end, opposite the closet, and the door was on the wall in between them. He quickly texted Amanda, asking her to meet up tonight in “Flamme des Chefs.”

“Just what am I doing…” Bobby murmured, as he collapsed on his bed.   

 

Sorry for skipping sunday. I just didn't know what to what to write, especially the villain. It also doesn't help my source of inspiration turned out to be really pathetic. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter.

0