Boys Cannot Be Saintesses Part Three
320 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A/N: Due to my indecisiveness regarding the plot, I updated nearly all the chapters and clarified some things, which I will note here for existing readers. Hiliarie currently has the appearance of a six-year-old whose actual age is ten. Our MC, Noir is fourteen and looks slightly older in terms of height and looks. I do have the Empress down as Hiliarie’s step-mother on the ground that he was born a year or two before she became Empress--so he was conceived while they were betrothed. If that’s inaccurate I can change it. Furthermore, I did change that his (Hiliarie’s) mother was executed on conspiracy to kill the Emperor. I also tweaked the ‘Female Lead’s’ backstory as well. Again, I did update the chapter and I hope this clears up some things. I wrote this about three years ago as far as the initial few chapters so I’m still figuring out things plot-wise!)

 

They arrived at the Church of Lumière, not too long after, being greeted by a tall, blonde-haired Priest who seemed to have been waiting for them there. He stood straight with a dazzling smile that seemed to blind Noir’s sight. From his appearance, she could only think of Henri, the man who took the female lead at around the age of twelve, after her parents died suddenly. 

He, like many light users, devotes himself to the church. He never married, he saw the female lead as his own child and even died at one protecting her in a power struggle. He was kind, smart, and gifted--he could’ve easily been male lead material.

But then again, when has the nice guy ever been the lead?

Many of the citizens worshipped the goddess, in hopes that their children will be blessed by her. 

Because of that, the church grew rapidly over the years, and for the Royal family, had been the place to test their abilities--the Royal family had a very good relationship with the church as for children nobility, they’d test before entering academies around six or seven. Noir could suppose that was also one of the reasons Hiliarie, as an adult distanced himself from the church as well.

With the good-looking Priest was a child around who seemed to be Hiliarie’s age, ten or eleven, although seeing her estimation on the young prince, she couldn’t be too sure. Possibly a girl, with hair the color of soft ebony, who’s hazel eyes seemed to sparkle with childish wonder.

...the female lead?

Wasn’t her arrival two or three years too early?

Could it be her interference?

Her early arrival, the unknown whereabouts of Lemar, who was originally by His Highness’ side.

No, she hadn’t even been in the same place as her.

This was very odd.

While Noir was trying to figure out things in my head, the priest hurriedly introduced himself.

“Greetings, Your Highness. May the Goddess be with you.” His brown eyes glanced at 

“I haven’t seen you in quite some time, Rene.” 

“As I, Henri. I’d like you to introduce you to my son, Noir.” He looked Noir for a second before plastering a more forced smile on his face--Noir returns his expression with indifference. Ah, was he one of those holier-than-thou type of people? 

Was this what Henri was really like?

“I hadn’t realized you acquired a child.”

“This child was an orphan. I’d guess the same for the one by your side.”

6