Chapter 42. A sparring Match
62 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 42.

A sparring Match. __________________________________________________________________________________

In evening. ---------------

The gang arrived at the Pokémon center to check up on Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

"Did you hear someone took that Bulbasaur as his Pokémon?" A trainer said to another trainer in the waiting room of the Pokémon center.

"Is this true?" Most of the trainers in the waiting room are shocked.

"Looks like he doesn't know anything about those kinds of experimented Pokémon." A pale-looking guy explained.

"What do you mean?" Silver asked the man nearby after hearing them.

"Yes, what do you mean?" Ria asked as well.

"Picchhuu."

"Riooo."

"Eevevveee." Pokémon also looked at them.

"Hoo. You are the trainer who took in Bulbasaur, right?" someone remembered Silver.

"Yes. I am." Silver replied as he wanted to know what they meant.

"You should ask Nurse Joy; she can explain more clearly than us." Silver understood that it might be related to something medical, so he and Ria quickly went to look for Nurse Joy.

Nurse Joy was busy operating on some Pokémon. Silver and Ria decided to look up Bulbasaur and Squirtle until she completed the surgery.

In the resting room. ------------------

"Bulbaa."

"Squirtt."

Bulbasaur and Squirtle were pushing each other on the bed.

"Stop. You shouldn't push each other like that." Ria pulled Squirtle out and put it on another bed.

"Looks like you're doing well." Silver said as he looked at Bulbasaur, who had a pushing match with Squirtle before.

"Bulbaa." Bulbasaur nodded its head, showing that it had recovered.

"No, you didn't. You have to take rest to regain your full strength." Ria said to Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Even though Squirtle and Bulbasaur were playing normally around, they didn't actually recover their full battle power.

Silver let out his Scyther as it was the only Pokémon of Silver who didn't meet Bulbasaur and Squirtle. It missed the entire fight of today's morning. Ria's Poliwag also missed the show.

Ria was let out her Poliwag.

All the Pokémon began playing.

"Riooo."

"Pichhh."

"Eeveee."

"Poliii."

"Scyyy."

"Bulbaa."

"Squuu."

Pichu opened its mouth and blew air mimicking Mega Charizard. Pichu and others are discussing about Dragonite's battle.

Suddenly Scyther started sulking as it looked at Silver.

"What's wrong, Scyther?" Silver is doubtful as he doesn't know why Scyther suddenly changed its face.

"Riooo, Rioo." Riolu explained to Silver why it felt like that. Scyther didn't watch the exciting battle of William.

"Sorry about that, Scyther." Silver can only truthfully say sorry to Scyther.

"Polii. Polii." Poliwag also followed Scyther in sulking.

"Okay, I am sorry too." Silver and Ria forgot about those two Pokémon due to being in a tight situation.

Ria manages to calm down Poliwag, whereas Scyther doesn't listen to Silver. Whenever Silver turned toward Scyther's direction, it turned away its face in another direction.

"So, how about a battle?" Silver asked Scyther as it wasn't looking at Silver.

"Scyyy." Scyther, looking in another direction, stiffened its body in excitement after hearing about the battle.

"Rioo, Rioo."

"Bulbaa."

"Squirttt."

Silver's Pokémon began to discuss who wanted to battle with Scyther.

"Riolu, you will battle with Scyther." Silver decides who Scyther's opponent is.

"Bulbaa."

"Squirrr." But Bulbasaur and Squirtle disagreed with Silver's decision. They wanted to fight with Scyther.

"Stop! You can fight with Scyther after you recover." Ria said to Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

"Bulbaa."

"Squiiirr." They agreed reluctantly.

The gang went to a nearby place to have a battle. There are multiple places built to have Pokémon battles in Cerulean City. As it is evening, the entire city is covered in street lights.

Riolu and Scyther stood in opposite directions, whereas Silver stood in the middle to look at both of them. Silver decided to command both of them. Ria and the rest of the Pokémon stood in the distance watching them.

"Now, Riolu, start with vacuum wave."

"Scyther dodge it with a quick attack."

"Rio." Riolu produced light blue energy on its paw and released it as a wave toward Scyther.

"Scyther." Scyther dodged it by moving at high speed.

"Scyther use brick break."

"Riolu, dodge it."

"Scyy." Scyther ran towards Riolu quickly and tried to slash Riolu horizontally with its right-hand blade.

"Rio." Riolu bent backwards as Scyther's right-hand blade slashed in the open air.

"Scyy." Scyther slashed vertically with its left-hand blade this time.

"Rio." Riolu placed both forearms in front of its body as defence as it took a direct hit on its forearms.

"Scyy." Scyther kept hitting Riolu's forearms with its blades as small cracks began to appear on the ground.

"Bulbaa." Bulbasaur's eyes suddenly emitted a light red glow.

"Is something wrong, Bulbasaur?" Ria asked as she felt Bulbasaur was different for a moment.

"Bulbaa." Bulbasaur shook its head, indicating nothing wrong as its eyes turned normal.

"Eevee."

"Pichuu."

"Politics." No one noticed the change in Bulbasaur except for Ria but she too quickly forgot.

"Riolu create distance." Silver said as Riolu could not attack in that situation.

"Rio." Riolu jumped back.

"Scyy." Scyther wouldn't miss this chance as it attacked Riolu on the chest with its right-hand blade strongly. Riolu couldn't defend itself as it was wide open in the air.

"Rio." Due to Scyther's power, Riolu took a hit and fell to the ground. Riolu stood up easily as it didn't take much damage.

'This is just a spar. I don't want Riolu to mostly rely on Aura techniques. It has to have strong base power to bring out most of Aura techniques.' Silver thought as he decided on the next training plan.

"Riolu, keep on using vacuum wave."

"Scyther, now just keep on dodging with a quick attack."

"Rio." Riolu produced light blue energy on its paw and released it as a wave toward Scyther.

"Scyy." Scyther dodged it by moving quickly.

"Rio." Riolu kept generating light blue energy on its paws as it released multiple energy waves toward Scyther.

"Scyy." Scyther dodged all the waves at high speed.

"Rio." Riolu seeing this released even more waves. Scyther's entire direction was filled with vacuum waves.

"Rio." Riolu was panting due to using so much energy.

"Scyy." Scyther dodged most of them at first, but as there were many waves, it couldn't escape all of them.

Scyther took many vacuum waves head-on, causing it to fall to the ground.

"Scyy." Scyther stood up as it had scratches on its entire body. And it also started to pant.

End. ________________________________________________________________________________________

Did you like the chapter?

check out my patreon if you want to read chapters aghead

2