071~The Avaresh Swamp (3)
231 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yvlena screamed prompting Sprite to attack the open mouthed beast brimming with needle like teeth.

[Sprite Cast Sting (01MP)]

"Let go of her!" Sprite yelled, throwing balls of light at the creature holding onto Yvlena's boot with fierce dedication. it growled and bit deeper into the leather of Yvlena's adventure's Boot until the girl began trying to shake it off.

With a kick of her leg, the elven girl dislodged the ferocious creature.

The creature appeared to be a fish created entirely out of the filth and grime of the swamp, its smooth blobby body sunk into the mud the moment it released Yvlena's foot from its mouth.

The retreat was short lived as it sprang up again with a vengeance. The creature hissed, flashing its pinprick teeth at the party and circling them waiting for a chance to bite again.

[Swamp Fish Cast Bite]

It sprang to attack, aiming to catch Sprite in its jaws. Its efforts were cut short by Rabbit Knight who, with a well timed slice, cut the creature in half with his rapier as it jumped mid air.

The Swamp Fish dissolved into light leaving the party heaving sighs of relief.

[Yvlena Acquired

EXP: 85/1590

***

Chum x1

Slime x1

***

Moon Points x50]

"Of course, there would be creatures hiding in the mud," Yvlena whined, she grabbed Rabbit Knight and hastened her pace until a set of broken and jagged pieces of wood came into view.

"The docks?" Yvlena asked in confusion. She placed Rabbit Knight on the surface and pulled herself up just before the deeper water could swallow her up.

The Avaresh Swamp docks were rotten pieces of wood barely hanging onto the frame that was constructed for it. At that point, it could barely be considered standing.

It rested just above the deeper parts of the swamp's dark water, similar in color to the Verdant Lake.

All around the wooden structure holes reigned supreme waiting for someone to fix the gaping spaces on the docks.

"One wrong step and you fall in," Yvlena said, peeking over the edge to check for more creatures. The wood creaked as she pressed her weight fully on the board.

As she suspected more Swamp Fish swarmed the heels of the wood waiting for unsuspecting prey to fall through and into the water where they would sink their teeth into their victim.

Yvlena grimaced at the disgusting little creatures, she hoped they would be the only mob in the area but that was highly unlikely.

She looked around and noticed straight ahead was the hut where the Bone witch lived, but also the docks went straight ahead to a deeper area of the swamp. Yvlena didn't feel like she would be investigating that any time soon.

For now, she would head towards the hut and fulfill her quest to investigate the mysterious witch.

Yvlena gulped, walking forward, a piece of wood cracked from too much force. She stumbled, nearly falling over into the water and the waiting swamp fish.

"How much wood is it going to take to fix this damn thing!"

[Subclass Quest Unlocked]

[Quest: Repair The Avaresh Swamp Docks

Once a spot to seek arcane knowledge, the docks have been left to languish behind the walls of Miasma.

Rot and decay have seeped into the wood causing it to break down and begin collapsing into the murky depths.

Repair the docks and allow it to flourish once more.

***

Rewards

????

***

Moon Points x1000

EXP x500]

[Do You Accept?]

[Yes/No]

"I brought that on myself actually," Yvlena said, chuckling. She selected yes and took another shaky step forward until she heard a creak.

From what Yvlena could see the docks were divided into three segments she would need to repair: the entrance, the middle, and the surface where the witch's hut rested and where the rest of the docks continued.

'That's probably why the witch couldn't leave,' Yvlena thought. She imagined a woman Beatrice's age trying to flee as the Miasma began swallowing up large swaths of land, it just wouldn't be possible.

For now, it would take more wood than she had in her inventory to repair the docks.

"Maybe I can do it as I go," Yvlena said pressing onward, she needed to meet Bavga to ask her some questions and fulfill the quest among other obligations.

'Maybe she'll know where Rael went,' Yvlena thought.

She took another step toward the hut, a crack resounded just beneath her boots. Yvlena leaped over the space in time to see the rotten wood splinter and fall through.

"Sheesh," she grumbled, tracing over the empty space she's met with a prompt.

[Repair Hole?]

[Wood x10]

[Yes/No]

Yvlena got to work repairing the hole, soon the gap in the wood was replaced by her craftsmanship. A mismatched piece of wood in between the rotten boards. She rested her foot on it, she heard no creaks and the wood remained as stable as solid ground.

[Avaresh Swamp Docks 1%]

The docks would need a complete overhaul but until then this was the best she could do for it. The girl beamed with pride and moved to continue walking towards the hut, avoiding any more pitfalls that were in the way.

The witch's hut came ever closer but Yvlena was no longer afraid, Risel and what she could remember from her mother's story told her the witch was at most neutral.

And if she wasn't, well what was another boss fight?

"After all this time alone, she must want some company right?" Yvlena said standing in front of the old hut. Now that she was closer she could see the swampy grass growing out of the building, weaving together like straw to create the surface of the hut.

A wooden door made of rough tree bark with a crude handle affixed, greeted Yvlena as the entryway into the hut. She lifted her hand to knock.

The rough bark was tough on her hand as she rapped her knuckle across the door. She and her summons waited a moment for something to happen.

"Maybe she's not home?"

With a gust of wind, the door was slammed open, flying back into the house as if pulled with great force. The sudden movement startled the girl but made her step closer to the house and into the entrance.

"Here we go," she gulped and walked through with her loyal summons following beside her.

----------

The hut was devoid of light as Yvlena stepped through the door, behind her the wooden door shut, forcing her to continue forward. The hut seemed tremendously bigger on the inside than the deceptively small exterior gave away.

"Hello?" Yvlena called into the vast darkness. Slowly as she walked, buds of light glowed, springing to life with each step. After a moment's study, Yvlena could tell they were bioluminescent plants growing from the walls of the witch's hut.

"Wow," She gasped, reaching for one, the flower closed up, shutting its light off until she retracted her hands. "Oh sorry,"

The flower opened again allowing her to rest her hand on the glowing orb.

"I wonder if this is a rare plant, it's almost like the fairy-lit torch," Yvlena said moving on. She walked in a circle, descending lower until she stopped at a roaring hearth.

It was carved out of wood, with jagged unsmooth edges that gave away the unskilled hands that cut it. The rest of the room stayed buried in darkness. Yvlena expected more flower buds to light up the space.

Yvlena stood beside the hearth, her summons fidgeting nervously beside her. Where was the bone witch and where were the windows Yvlena had seen her through?

She could make out pelts and animal bones on display, lining the walls as a sort of decoration. Just out of the corner of her eyes, a multitude of small bones were piled into a corner.

Was the witch a collector? Or were the bones an indication of something sinister? As Yvlena pondered these questions a voice roared.

"Who dares enter my domain?!”

Announcement
72-79 now on patreon
6