2- Starting with martial arts
164 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night had silently fallen when Yero finished his research. He stood up and left the internet cafe with  resolute steps.

The woman that was sitting at the desk neighboring him frowned.
" This boy is strange" she muttered.
After all, which normal boy will spend his time and money to Google some words, and read some information on Wikipedia?

She remembered the last words that the teenager had written before erasing them seemingly hesitating.

S.H.I.E.L.D, Hawkeyes, Black Widow, Hydra is  SHIELD.

She opened another window on the browser and googled the words. She didn't find anything shocking or interesting.

" I should just go back to what I was doing," she thought before returning to the online dating site that she used.
She continued to text a 70 years old man that lived in Italy.

What she did not know was that an algorithm was activated on the internet and her webcam kept flashing.

***

Yero had chosen an internet cafe particularly far from his house, for safety reasons. It was only late at night that he arrived at home.

To the inquisitive glance of his mother , he could only say that he went to study with a classmate.

" You should at least tell us beforehand that you are going beforehand so that we will not be worrying for nothing. The outside world is not safe " his mother advised him.

" I understand Mom. I am sorry, I will do otherwise in the future" Yero knew what his mother wanted to hear so he said exactly that.

'She is not wrong. The outside world is not safe. I remember that two years from now some terrorist groups will start rampaging inside the country. But even before that, the amount of criminal activity in the country will increase. Sex, organs, child and drug trafficking, kidnapping will happen more than often' Yero thought gloomily.

" Your food is in the kitchen. You can eat it if you want" his mother said interrupting his thoughts.

***

Yero took a bath and ate before going to bed.

" Now that I remember, I lost at least two of my classmates and almost lost more due to these events.

But what can I do, to make it so that these events will not happen? As of now, I am completely powerless.

I don't know any way to master magic as of now. I am unable to go to Wakanda since their country is restricted. I don't know if it is possible to become a mutant for someone like me. Vampires also exist in the Marvel world, I don't know if it is true in this case, but I lack the mean to defend against one.

The only, way to become stronger that I could use at the moment is martial arts. But it is too hard and it requires dedication and talent" Yero mused.

As time, passed, he gradually calmed down, and ever slowly he responded to the beckoning of sleep.

***

The next day, Ince woke up early at 4 a.m. he still had some homework to do. After reading the lesson on the related subject. He found that these mathematics physics exercises seemed almost too easy, so it did not take him more than thirty minutes to complete them.

He opened a random book and started to read only to find that everything started to make sense, in his mind. The most fear-inducing task had become trivial in his eyes.

" It should be because I went back in time and I have the knowledge of a higher class" Yero quickly found an explanation.

Since he was finished, Yero took his breakfast and went to school. The high school was not too far from his home. The traject could take him between one hour if he walked slowly or thirty minutes if he rushed on the way.

Mixed emotions welled up in his heart as he looked at the familiar building and the familiar faces. There was a huge communication antenna painted in white and red painted together that stood in the middle of the campus.

" I wonder if the authority of the Miler high school ever thought about the impact of the wave transmitted by this thing on their students " Yero wandered.

The effect of electromagnetic waves on the body was a highly debated subject. The Society of Telecommunication also offered high funding to the high school. Yero was not really in a position to judge them, so he quickly joined his classroom.

He was a first-a year student in this high school.

As he had wasted, sometimes on the way, he was not among the first to arrive. There were many other early birds.

" Good Morning Marsh" Yero saluted one of them happily.

He was a taller boy with a slender build and a scar on his forehead that did not make him look intimidating at all.

It is only when he saw the strange gaze that the other tuned him that he remembered that at this point in the past, the two of them had not interacted much. While in the future where he came from, the other person was one of his best buddies, at this moment it seemed impolite to call the other by his first name. Instead, Yero should have called him by his family name as it was due.

The salutations continued despite this awkward exchange.

" I should not assume that my relations with the people here are the same as what I remember" Yero reminded himself.

Yero started to wait for familiar figures to appear. After some time the person finally arrived, it was an older looking boy with proéminent muscles on his upper body. He also had a square jaw and an intimidating but calm gaze. He seemed more mature than old of his classmates.
It was Arnold Shaw, one of his classmates. He was the president of the martial arts club in their school.

In his original iteration, Yero had initially joined that club only to find that it was not that fun. Instead of teaching them some flashy moves, they had to go through rigorous physical training. In this situation, Yero who was not much of a persevering person at the time, had fled before learning any moves.

" But this time, things will be different" A strange glow seemed to appear in Yero's eyes.

With a resolute gait, he walked, he only stopped after arriving next to the desk where Shaw was sitting.

As Yero, moved, the gaze of some classmates followed him. They could find for some reason that something had changed about him but they could not put their finger on it.

Shaw had seemingly sensed someone approaching him, and he raised his head from the manual that he was reading. The page depicted some pair of figures executing different moves. There were annotations and even what seemed like explanation texts under each of the pictures, but they were written in Chinese.

In the past, Yero had not thought about it, but Shaw did not seem like he was just going through the motion as he went through the book. This amount of focus was at least necessary when reading, and this made Ince realize that the mostly silent Shaw, knew three languages, Chinese, French, and English plus the Bassa dialect that he was familiar with.

" Good morning Hero! What's up?" Shaw asked seemingly calm, but he was inspecting Yero attentively and quickly found that a light seemed to be burning in the other eyes.

" Please, Shaw! I want to learn martial arts" Yero gave a deep bow as he made the request. He was not low at all and the whole class heard him, causing different reactions.

Yero was not just going through the motion with his act. Even though they were not close to each other, a younger version of Shaw had saved his life from some local thugs, while the older version of Shaw had died on the front heroically while facing the terrorists as a soldier.

Yero did not know whether or not, he could change the other fate in this life after all Shaw was the kind of person that seemed mostly calm but Uncaring, but who would step up in front of what he saw as injustice no matter the danger.

5