3- Genius
240 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The martial arts club of Miler high school did not have many years behind it compared to other, like the handball club, the literature club, the school journal, and so on...

Shaw's older brother had created the club three years ago, and since then, it received many members, mainly because of the influence of movies with martial arts as a theme. It is also why, many members will usually leave soon after joining. Because you could not reach the level shown in movies after some casual practice.

" Martial arts are also quite practical. If you can not reason someone with your words, you can just use your fists instead" Yero explained himself calmly after Shaw had asked him why he wanted to learn martial arts.

" So you want to beat people" Shaw's expression appeared strange as he looked at his classmate.

He seemed to be considering something. In the end, he nodded.

" The martial arts club organizes some practical training once a week. Luckily for you, it is Wednesday today, we can go to the gymnast so that you get familiar with the club activities" Shaw explained.

Yero expressed his thanks before going back toward his seat. He still had something to verify.

As for Shaw, looking at the other departing figure, he could not help but remember the evaluation that he had of the boy in the past.

' A chaotic personality. He is often calm, at other times he is a troublemaker. Sometimes he is peaceful, while at times he will explode while triggered. He is full of energy,o  but lack in focus. I wonder if he has the tenacity for practicing martial arts. Only in this case, it will be suitable for him' Shaw muttered to himself before resuming the lecture of his martial arts manual.

He remembered the strange look on Yero's face when he glanced at these pages and tried to understand what happened.

" It should be my imagination"

******

Yero felt a slight headache. For the rest of the day.

From time to time he will remember the images that he had seen on the martial arts manual and will imagine the that these scenes were taking place.

Imagining was not even the proper expression. It was more like a visualization of a fight. He was one of the figures battling, and as the confrontation progressed, the different moves seemed to be ingrained in his mind, giving him a feeling of migraines.

Yero held on as it happened. he discovered that the only way to stop this feeling was to focus on other think.

" If I continue to think that I am still normal after this, Then something is wrong with me" Yero's thoughts spun quickly.

At first, he had discovered that he could easily understand and apply any mathematics principles presented before him and now, there was the discovery that just by looking at some illustrations in a martial arts manual he could visualize a scene as if it was happening.

" The product of 12787 and 29499 Is 377 203 713!" Yero made the calcul easily and was terrified.

It felt too easy like finding that 1+ 1 = 2.

Yero continued to make some calculus, factorization, différenciation, divisions, and exponents...

Everytime, he managed to find the answer in approximately 20 seconds, he even felt as if he could go beyond that performance with some effort after getting familiar with this newly gained ability.

" I became a genius?" Yero suddenly thought.

It was evident that he could now become an academic genius, and he had the feeling that it was the same for martial arts, as he had gained some feedback from his body. He was pretty sure that he had achieved better control of his body than ever before in his past life.

" I wonder if I should reveal it to the world?

At the same time, it is not as if people will believe me if I ever said something like that.

It is not like a superpower or anything like that can be shown or experienced.

In the end, this will only serve me if used properly" Thinking to this point, Yero let a self-mocking smile.

He had taken the habit, to consider many of his actions since the start of this experience and he wondered whether or not it was a good thing.

***

Even though it was the middle of the afternoon, it still seemed like the sun was burning the landscape.

Three students that were wearing the school uniform of Miller High School, white short-sleeved shirts, and aquamarine colored pants finally reached the gymnast.

' how familiar' Hero thought as he looked at the not-so-grand place before his eyes moved  resting on the classmate who was accompanying them.

Francis Gobin was his and Shaw's classmate. Yero remembered well that in his past world, they had also started to attend martial arts classes at the same time. And even though Francis had only stopped a little later than Yero, the guy for some reason always showed a strong sense of confidence, as if he was able to beat 10 people by himself.

And as everyone imagined, it did not end well, one day he took a beating, and many people thought that he had owned it at least partly.

Francis Gobin was a boy with one of the darkest skin tones around he had a quite handsome face but his head shared a slight resemblance with that of a dolphin.

" Hello everyone!" Gobin excitedly announced the arrival of the group as they entered.

There were already a dozen of people inside.

" Good afternoon President"

" Hello Shaw"

Some people saluted while others glanced in their direction before returning to their training.

" They are quite dedicated," Yero remarked as he glanced at that group of seven people that occupied the right side of the gym.

" Indeed, they are very focused," Shaw said with some hint of sarcasm in his tone.

" I am going to the changing room. As  for you two, stay put and observe " Shaw advised after removing what looked like a grey-colored uniform from his bag.

Yero did just that.

The easiest thing to notice was the lack of equipment for martial arts practice in the gym.

It was understandable, considering that the supervisors of the school were not  really found of martial art according to Yero's memory. Some were even strongly against the existence of the martial arts club.

" They are not the ones who get robbed by thugs on theit way home" Yero thought.

The safety In this part of the city was not the best with many bandits and drug traffickers whose activities were spread around the sector. The main reason why a school had been built here was the intervention of some elites that had grown in this locality, a minister, an itinérant ambassador and famous football players.

"In four years, after a serie of tragic incidents, the police will finally take this situation seriously and a semblance of security will be built with many of these thugs either going to jail or fleeing to another part of the city.

This kind of situation happened everywhere in the city and while it seemed like everything was going well, an organization was quietly growing in strength by assimilating these runaways" Yero slowly remembered.

His expression grew even grimmer when he remembered that in a world where the existence of magic, mutation, and super technology existed, the situation could only get grimmer.

What if there were mutants among these criminals?

" I need to get ready before things get really bad" he resolved himself.

While he hoped that, he was just worrying for nothing, it also became apparent that he did not just have to guard against things that happened in the movies.

If he was living in New York, at least he would know how to flee before the Chitori invasion, even in Sokovia, he could have fled before the arrival of U-Tron.

" There is no mention of  Osborn Corp in this world and I found information about an Astrophysicien named  Jane Foster on Fb. It seems like this world is quite similar to the MCU.

The only thing that could be closely related to my actual situation is the existence of Wakanda and Tolokan Kingdom"

It took some time before Yero managed to stop his mind from wandering.

It was also at that time, that he made a discovery.

The members of the martial arts club seemed to be divided into two groups.

Some were wearing a grey uniform just like Shaw, on one side while others Were wearing white uniforms.

Yero found that while some of the Grey-Uniform students were steadily moving according to the illustrations that he had briefly seen in Shawn's martial arts manual, the second group with even more members was practicing something that looked like karate.

" Two schools in the same club?" Yero thought without having any problems again that.

And then, His eyes caught a figure moving in the mid of the white uniforms.

It was the only girl in the gym, at the moment.

Yero was not able to catch that difference at first because she looked no different from a boy, a handsome one with short hair and a seemingly flat chest.

Her movements were even more agile and énergic than that of the other boys around her as some seemed to be following her movements. Her skin had a light yellow tone.

 Her name suddenly flashed in Yero's mind.

" Kelly Nanga, her last name means thugs in a local dialect.

During the next year with Shaw's departure to another city, She will become the President of the club and with her, some members of the martial arts club will become involved in a ring of sexual traffic" Yero took a step back when their eyes met.

He remembered the crazed look on the girl's crazed look the news after she was caught. It was said that she was also involved in some murder but as there was no proof she was only sentenced for the first charges.

At this moment, Yero suddenly felt stupid.

"Truthfully, I have yet to understand the mystery of this world, I don't even know if I want to be part of the major plots of this world.

Sure, there had always been dangers around me, and I only réalise it better when I am confronted with them a second time.

But I should just focus on improving myself steadily while protecting the people close to me.

I have no reason to fear the difficulties that I already faced in the past. At most I will remain vigilant" With resolve in his eyes, Yero started to study the movements of the club members.

His talent for visualization was slowly activated. Yero found that he could choose to fight them in his visualization realm, he could seemingly put themselves in their perspectives and imitate their actions.

As time passed, he slowly started to gain experience in the use of his power.

" I have the feeling that I have practiced these moves for years" Yero thoughts as he exited his trance.

" I will call it the enlightened state"

As for the fact, that there were some criminals in the group, he could just gather some proof of their activity and send them to the police, destroying the problem in the bud.

Announcement
this chapter is a somewhat longer than the other and the pace of the story is somewhat slow. Some of you signaled spelling mistakes in the first two chapters. I tried to correct them. I hope that it is at least a little better now.

3