Chapter 461: After the Surgery (2)
42 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ah?”

Upon hearing Fang Mo's introduction, the opposing government's legislator seemed unable to help but be momentarily stunned.

"...Do you think you're being funny?"

However, unlike the legislators' surprise, Stephen Strange was quite unceremonious, brushing off Fang Mo's hand without any courtesy: "First of all, I am a medical doctor, not interested in astronomy, and secondly, my name is Stephen Strange, not Stephen Hawking."

"But you both are equally great."

Fang Mo said, spreading his hands.

"Don't flatter me; I'm not that great." Strange immediately responded: "I'm just a doctor."

"What's wrong with being a doctor? Being able to save lives and heal the wounded is indeed great."

Fang Mo said confidently: "Every year, my office receives many banners from patients thanking me for my noble medical ethics, for things like curing tough diseases, saving their lives, and so on. There's even a herdsman patient who travels from the great prairies to see me every year, so in my opinion, doctors, as angels in white, are indeed very great."

"..."

After hearing this, Strange didn't know what to say anymore, feeling a headache coming on.

"Uh, Mr. Fang Mo."

Fortunately, at this time, a legislator from USA government couldn't hold back any longer and took the initiative to speak to Fang Mo: "We have some matters we'd like to discuss with you, are you available now?"

"Just speak your mind."

Fang Mo waved his hand and said: "If I were truly available, that would actually be inconvenient."

"Uh..."

Hearing this, the two exchanged glances, having done their homework before coming and knowing that Fang Mo's personality was a bit unusual, so one of the legislators quickly asked: "Do you know where the Avengers have gone?"

"The Avengers? What Avengers?"

Fang Mo asked in confusion: "Hasn't the Avengers Alliance already disbanded? What do you want with them?"

"Uh... well."

Another shorter legislator started explaining: "The Vienna conference has already concluded, and the Sokovia Accords have been drafted, but the Avengers announced their disbandment collectively..."

"What? Isn't it okay for the Avengers to disband?"

Fang Mo retorted: "You have your regulations, so let's follow those. The Avengers were probably worried about illegally carrying out missions in the future, so they simply disbanded. What's wrong with that?"

"But they are superheroes.”

The short-statured legislator couldn't help but interject: "This sudden dissolution seems highly irresponsible, doesn't it?"

"Even Avengers have their own families. Can't they just decide to retire all of a sudden?"

Fang Mo said with a smile, "Since the United Nations has the authority to regulate them, they also have the right to return to being ordinary people. After all, General Ross's troops are so formidable that he even dares to capture the Hulk with a few soldiers. If something happens, let his troops handle it. If all else fails, just use a nuclear bomb to cleanse the area."

"But they are ultimately destabilizing factors..."

Hearing Fang Mo's argument, the short-statured legislator spoke up again, but he realized something was amiss halfway through and quickly corrected himself: "...Of course, that's not what our country, USA, thinks. In fact, there has recently been a public outcry for their return."

"Oh?"

Upon hearing this, Fang Mo raised an eyebrow: "Weren't they the ones who initially banded together to condemn the Avengers?"

"There must have been some misunderstanding."

The tall legislator immediately said, "Mr. Fang Mo, since you are friends with the Avengers, do you have their contact information?"

"Currently, they should be vacationing in outer space."

Fang Mo straightforwardly refused: "Interstellar communication is quite troublesome. If you want to contact them, it would take at least a month."

"It takes over a month?"

The tall legislator frowned subconsciously: "Could you please try to contact them, and say General Ross wants to talk to them..."

"Sorry, we don't have much to discuss with Ross."

Fang Mo directly shook his head, and before the two could say anything else, he interrupted: "Let me guess what's made you so anxious, hmm, it must be those two Titans with the surname Sa, right?"

"What?"

The short legislator was slightly taken aback: "Two?"

"Cough cough..." The tall legislator coughed awkwardly, giving his colleague a helpless look before he began to explain: "The thing is, Mr. Fang Mo, for some reason, a terrible cult has emerged within the borders of the USA recently."

"What cult?"

Fang Mo asked knowingly.

"They call themselves the Burning Cult, worshipping a demonic god named Sargeras," the tall legislator explained simply. "Unlike ordinary cults, these zealots seem to really possess some kind of supernatural power, and they have severely affected the public order in various states of the USA..."

"You're talking about these cultists…”

Fang Mo touched his chin thoughtfully and asked, "…Do they also like little boys?"

"No, I haven't heard about that," was the reply.

The tall legislator shook his head in confusion.

"Oh, then this is not a cult," Fang Mo said, waving his hand dismissively upon hearing this. "I think this religion is quite good. Why not simply declare it the state religion and then expel Christianity? Especially since this Burning Cult has supernatural powers to use…"

"Cough cough, Mr. Fang Mo is joking."

The tall legislator laughed awkwardly and said, "This cult is extremely dangerous. They have already robbed more than twenty banks, involving a total amount of over one hundred million US dollars…"

"So, what?" 

Fang Mo looked at the legislator in front of him. "What are you trying to say?"

"We hope to have a good talk with the Avengers."

The tall legislator did not beat around the bush and directly stated, "Of course, we are aware that the Sokovia Accords might make it difficult for some Avengers, but we can still continue to discuss and negotiate the accords… Oh right, did you know that the king of Wakanda was attacked in a terrorist incident?"

"I didn't know that."

Fang Mo shook his head.

"The attacker appears to be a modified soldier from the former Soviet Union," the legislator said directly. "On the day of the Vienna conference, he detonated a bomb, killing the king of Wakanda on the spot."

"How does that concern me?"

Fang Mo spread his hands, somewhat puzzled by the other party's point.

"We captured a close-up of the modified soldier's face." The tall legislator took a photo of the Winter Soldier out of his pocket and handed it directly to Fang Mo. "He looks a lot like a comrade of Captain America, so we also want to consult him about it."

"Oh, I see."

Fang Mo looked at Barnes' photo and realized the situation.

It seems his followers have indeed been causing quite a stir recently. The people from the old magnesium are really getting restless, or else they wouldn't have started to think crookedly in this regard. For example, since the Avengers have been quiet, they simply used the relationship between the Winter Soldier and Captain America to draw them out again.

"So…"

Seeing Fang Mo take the photo, the two legislators were about to speak again.

But suddenly, at that moment, a burst of firelight lit up outside, followed by a loud "boom" as a massive explosion sounded, tearing the entire front door apart with a shocking blast wave.

Ho Yinsen, covered in blood, flew in and crashed heavily onto the operating table.

5