Chapter 468: And here goes Ross…
90 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ha ha, feel the pain!"

Above New York, Sargeras let out bursts of wild laughter, sounding as if thousands of thunders exploded simultaneously.

However, this thunder did not strike the void but rather struck directly into the hearts of all New Yorkers. The ordinary people, already terrified, showed shocked expressions upon hearing Sargeras's words.

Actually, for those ordinary citizens, it wasn't too bad.

Their feelings towards Sargeras were more of fear and worry, after all, his appearance was terrifying, with burning horns no different from a hell demon.

No one knew if the demon would renege.

If one were truly beguiled at this moment, then perhaps it would truly be an irredeemable disaster.

That's indeed what those living in better conditions thought.

But for those living at the bottom... those vagrants, scum, and those who couldn't see a glimmer of hope at the bottom.

After hearing Sargeras's words, they were truly a bit tempted. The sound created by the torrent of demonic energy seemed to contain a kind of magic, easily influencing their thoughts. At this moment, their minds seemed to really sketch out a beautiful picture.

"..."

In fact, even Strange was quite surprised after hearing the other's words.

This was his first time facing a dimensional demon god, so he was unclear about the other's tactics. He wondered whether the other really felt this was cruel or was deliberately saying so, using temptation to make most humans submit to him. If it was the latter, then he was indeed too cunning.

"Sorry, I can't believe what you're saying."

After thinking, Strange still spoke up to refuse the other, then with both hands formed a magic circle and said: "Can you leave Earth?"

"Sorcerer, do you think I'm negotiating terms with you?"

Upon hearing this, Sargeras spoke again: "I'm merely here to declare all this. Your wishes are irrelevant to me... And stepping back ten thousand steps, even if you damned Sorcerers want to stop me, can't you send someone with working legs? Must you send a Sorcerer in a wheelchair to fight me?"

"..."

Hearing this, Strange's face instantly darkened: "Speaking of which, I want to ask you, why did you send someone to destroy my arms?"

"Destroy your arms?"

Sargeras, in midair, seemed stunned for a moment: "It was clearly your legs that were destroyed. As for the arms... Hmm? Wait, you're the Sorcerer named Strange?"

"That's right."

Strange nodded his head.

"..."

The nearly sky-covering avatar of Sargeras saw Strange nod and fell silent for a while.

After a moment, his voice rumbled again: "Actually... what I told my follower was that I wanted his hands to serve me."

"..."

Strange also fell into silence after hearing this.

"Your talent is very strong; you can become the most powerful Sorcerer in history." After a little while, Sargeras continued to speak: "Come, I can lend you power. You will become my most excellent follower."

"Sorry, I'm not interested in your power."

Strange was firm enough to refuse directly: "Of course, if you're willing to leave here, we can continue to talk about this..."

"Your arms were just an accident."

Sargeras said, lifting a finger: "I can heal you right now."

As soon as the words fell, infinite demonic energy rushed towards Strange like a tide. Strange immediately raised a shield to resist, but it was to no avail. Even though this magic energy had no intention of attacking, it still instantly crushed his barrier.

The next second, Strange suddenly could feel his legs again.

"This…”

Feeling the sensation in his legs, Strange immediately showed a surprised expression.

"How does it feel?" 

Seeing this, Sargeras directly tempted him: "How does it feel to have a healthy body? Come, submit to me, and I can bestow upon you even more power…"

"…"

Sargeras's voice seemed to truly possess some kind of magic, making even Strange daze for a moment. But in the next second, he suddenly remembered the figure of the Ancient One, and his eyes became firm again: "…Sorry, I don't need your power."

"I've said it before, sorcerer."

Hearing this, Sargeras's tone became terrifying again: "I'm not here to negotiate with you. Your world is already mine, just like all the others."

"We will stop you."

Strange said: "Even if it costs our lives, we will stop you from destroying this world…"

However, before he could finish, Sargeras suddenly snorted coldly. He didn't even attack; merely the resonance of the magical energy in his voice blew Strange away.

"In my view, this world can't get any worse."

After Strange was blown away, Sargeras's voice echoed in the air again: "It's always the few foolish people who control the most resources. Looking at the entire world, it's full of ignorance and injustice. Even if I enslaved this world, or even if I destroyed it, what would it matter?"

"At least, it can't get worse than this…"

Sargeras's voice thundered, almost shaking the buildings in New York to the point of collapsing. However, what was more shaken was the hearts of the people.

At this point.

Riots had already started among the citizens of New York.

The zealots, seeing this, also began to actively preach, and the number of Sargeras's followers around them grew. Meanwhile, the extradimensional space in the air continued to expand.

And then.

In the area near the ruins of the New York Sanctum.

Nick Fury's face turned particularly grim. He turned to Fang Mo: "The situation is out of control now. Aren't you going to take action?"

"Why should I intervene?"

Fang Mo retorted.

"What?"

Nick Fury was stunned: "Sargeras is about to destroy the Earth, and you said you brought him here to deal with Thanos, right? Now that there's a problem, aren't you going to deal with it?"

"What Sargeras? Is that a name you are worthy of mentioning?"

Fang Mo said righteously: "That is my bro… that is my Sargeras, and now I must immediately side with Lord Sargeras. Wherever Sargeras points, I will strike."

"…"

Nick Fury's eyebrows knotted into a big lump: "Can you not joke at a time like this?"

"I know you're anxious, but don't rush."

Since the act had gone this far, Fang Mo didn't continue to pretend to be serious. He smiled and patted Nick Fury's shoulder; "Don't worry, someone is more anxious than you right now."

After saying that.

Fang Mo directly waved his hand toward a shadow.

With a "ji" sound, a dark shadow suddenly sprang from his shadow, and Shoggoth, who hadn't appeared for a long time, popped out and jumped into Fang Mo's arms.

"Let me introduce you."

While scratching the chin of the black cat wearing a top hat, Fang Mo said to Nick Fury: "This is my little black cat, King Keli, T'Challa, say hello to him."

"Ji~!"

The little black cat lifted a tentacle and softly called out.

"…" As is well known, Nick Fury is an animal lover, and seeing Shuggs's cute appearance, he seemed to really calm down a bit: "You said someone is more anxious than us, who are you referring to?"

"Look, here it comes.”

Fang Mo directly raised his hand and pointed upwards.

Nick Fury followed the gesture and discovered several small black dots in the distance rapidly enlarging, quickly revealing their true forms as several black fighter jets, now trailing long plumes of smoke as they flew towards them.

"Hmm?"

Sargeras, mid-air, also turned to glance at them.

The fighter jets, boldly, launched a few missiles that whooshed directly towards him.

With a "boom," a few small flashes of fire exploded on Sargeras' face, but the power was insufficient to harm him. Magic energy surged, and everything quickly returned to its original state.

But it wasn't over yet.

Soon, several larger warheads flew in from the distance.

These were not airborne missiles, but long-range ones, packed with a large amount of explosives, designed specifically for military structures. A single one could destroy several city blocks without issue.

Even so, these missiles striking Sargeras' face still failed to make a splash.

"Foolish humans, do you think your creations can harm me?"

Seeing this, Sargeras laughed loudly mid-air, opened his mouth, and a magical energy beam swept across the sky in a fan shape. The dense fighter jets and a large number of flying missiles in the distance exploded instantly, lighting up half the sky.

"This is..."

Upon seeing this, Nick Fury seemed to freeze: "Did the military get involved?"

Yes, the military did indeed get involved, given that New York City is of great importance to the United States. Moreover, the words Sargeras had spoken earlier were broadcasted to other regions by cultists using satellites, causing chaos throughout the country.

The politicians and financial tycoons were obviously the most nervous, having heard what Sargeras said. How could they not resist?

In the midst of Nick Fury's astonishment.

The sound of a helicopter engine was heard not far away.

He looked up and saw a helicopter flying in from a distance, quickly landing. A familiar figure with a stern face walked down from the cabin.

"Hmm? Ross?"

After seeing the person, Nick Fury frowned: "Hasn't he retired?"

"Why don't you guess how he retired?"

Fang Mo teased the Shoggoth in his arms, its tentacles still cool and soft to the touch, very comfortable to hold: "Do you think he was content just being a bureaucrat?"

"…The Avengers?"

Nick Fury, the king of spies, quickly clarified his thoughts: "The Avengers solved many world-class crises, taking jobs from the military. It seems the Sokovia Accords were indeed pushed by him from behind."

"Now that the Avengers are gone, the President of the United States has to rely on the military."

Fang Mo cheerfully said: "But don't be too pessimistic. General Ross's tactical command capabilities are there. He once dared to lead a few soldiers to capture Hulk, which shows his ambition. He probably believes even the dimensional demon Sargeras is not his match."

"???"

Hearing Fang Mo's statement, Nick Fury looked at him, utterly confused.

Indeed, General Ross dared to capture Hulk with just a few soldiers, but the problem was that it was never successful. If it weren't for his daughter's intervention, Hulk would have turned Ross into dust with a single punch.

Now to face the dimensional demon Sargeras?

Please, stop joking.

However, just as Nick Fury was about to complain to Fang Mo, he suddenly saw Ross start to undress, revealing several pieces of chest muscles that were somewhat hidden and somewhat visible.

"Hmm?"

Seeing this, Nick Fury was also stunned.

Has this guy lost his mind? But his expression seems quite rational, doesn’t it?

Just as Nick Fury was puzzled, Ross on this side also turned his head to issue an order to his deputy, saying as he undressed, "Take people to suppress those rioting civilians, and kill any cultists on sight."

"But, commander, the monster in the sky..."

"I'll deal with it alone."

Ross calmly interrupted his deputy before he could finish speaking.

Then, General Ross suddenly took a deep breath, and two beams of red light burst forth from his eyes, and his graying hair seemed to ignite, turning into crimson flames.

"Roar!"

A pained expression appeared on Ross's face, followed by a long howl to the sky. The aging human body began to rapidly grow taller, turning into a huge creature several stories high in the blink of an eye.

Then, General Ross slightly bent his legs on the ground, and the next second, a thunderous roar resounded like an earthquake, making the asphalt road ripple outwards like water. As for him, he shot straight into the sky like a rocket, trailing a long red tail flame, like a blood-red meteor.

Sargeras didn’t even notice this thing at all.

Then, in the next second, Ross threw a punch, and the whole city of New York resounded with a dull thud.

It was like a giant hammer hitting everyone's chest, shaking the entire city of New York violently, with numerous buildings instantly covered in cracks, and all the glass in the city shattering in that instant.

This terrifying shockwave even tore through Sargeras's demonic visage.

Tearing a huge hole in the sky.

"Motherf***er!!!"

After witnessing the whole process, Nick Fury was simply stunned, blurting out, "What the hell is going on with Ross?!”

Guys! Announcement!!!! 

Now in Patreon! You can read upto 100 Advance Chapters!!!!! Let's go!!!!!

Also, thank you for the support! Respect to everyone reading this. That's all!!!

6