(Draft) Chapter 6.5
67 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ahem…

I apologize. 

I had gotten too excited with what I had just remembered. It was one of the Romance Options for the game, a former slave. 

My friend once emphasized the point of dates. We had a long talk about it whilst drinking and he ended up vomiting mid explanation, as a result I’ve always thought of him whenever I thought of what day it was. 

My friend was really specific about this, thanks to two children he considers family: the former slave and future RO escapes his cell and winds up running into a ‘kind’ noble. 

He had been rescued by that old noble who took pity on him but to his surprise he learnt he was a genius. For the price of fifty silver he, the noble, was given a lifetime of rewards. 

The former slave was able to memorize whatever he read and as a result devoured the noble’s book collection after a few days. 

There were a few throwaway lines about how he’d advanced technology a notch or two. 

His plans for the future were revealed during his route, he wanted to have enough influence to get rid of slavery in the Kingdom of…. Whatever. Then the country. 

Listen he wanted to get rid of slavery, that was what was important. 

And I need to save him before that mysterious old man does. 

"So? Why are we here?" 

Looking up from my empty plate of desert, I find the Villainess staring at me with an annoyed expression.

My eyes glance over to the window and I find Topi walking next to the Princess, with a face as red as his hair. 

Topi was mostly silent with the Princess being the main talker and I finally begin explaining. 

"Bitch."

"What is it, Trash?" 

"You like Logan right?" 

The Villainess's face remains still as she raises an eyebrow and eats a spoonful of cake.

"...Sure." 

Tsk, she can't even express her emotions properly.

I wish Logan luck. 

"Ok. You help me with Topi and the Princess, and I'll help you with your lover boy- OW...!" 

Clutching my kicked shin, I frown at her before taking a spoonful of her cake and she kicks me again. 

"OW! STOP KICKING ME!" 

"STOP TAKING MY CAKE!"

"NEFF'ER!" 

"BASTARD!" 

Yelling with a mouth full of stolen cake I instinctively throw my head backwards and dodge a punch. 

Full of unappeased anger the Villainess grabs my shirt and before I can take another spoonful of her cake, an unfamiliar voice stops us mid- fight. 

"Excuse me, Sir and Ma'am. Can you please stop making noise? You're both bothering the other guests." 

Frozen we turn wide-eyed to a waitress wearing a faux smile before sitting down. 

"...."

"...."

"...ahem. Anyways, help me out with my brother's love life and I'll help you out." 

"...I'll consider it."

I shrug finally done with the conversation.

"Fine, don't keep me waiting too long. Oh, and we can spar if you're ever up for it." 

  •  

 

  •  

 

  •  

Finally home, I find my brother staring at the ceiling with a lost expression. 

"...you good?" 

"I messed up...."

"What?" 

"I messed up... the date.."

Before I can reply, my younger brother lets out a painfilled scream before rolling back and forth on his bed. "AHHHHHHHHHHH..... I MESSED UPPP!" 

"..."

"Brother... why do we exist?" 

"Ok. Clearly you need some support so talk to me. Have you set up another date?"  

"..yeah. It was cut short since the cafe we were going to wasn't allowing couples."

Strange, I didn't hear anything like that in the game. 

Plopping down on my bed opposite his, I begin thinking about how I can help. 

"...hm. So how did you mess up?" 

"..I barely talked." Covering his red face with both hands, I watch as he starts kicking the bed in embarrassment. "Ahhh~ I was too embarrassed and couldn't speak." 

Hah... As expected, he followed the same logic as himself in the game. 

"...this guy. When's your next date?" 

"This time next week." 

Hm. So I have enough time to help out Queen Bitch and her lover. "Got it. I'll help you come up with a plan sooner or later. Leave it to me lil brother and get some sleep."

"....ok. Thank you Marcus."

"Yeah, yeah. Just sleep."

"And.. you're not gonna make fun of me right?" 

"......."

"Marcus?" 

"......zzzzzz." 

"I know you're awake!" 

Today was eventful. 

2