Chapter 4: First Spell
15 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: First Spell

 

After Mana accepted Toru's challenge everyone went back to their respective groups with both Mana and Toru facing each other with a good 100 meters between them, before they started Mana looked over and called out to Hannibal. "Hey Hannibal can you give us a signal to start?"

Hannibal nodded and did as asked without saying a word stepped forward and raised his arm. "3... 2... 1... FIGHT!" As he counted both fighters got into two different fighting stances, Toru crouched down on all fours with her right side more forward then her left, while Mana held the sword that Sputter gave Infront of himself in his left hand in a defensive stance with his right hand open slightly behind him.

When Hannibal shouted "FIGHT" the first to make a move was Toru who immediately took off running at high speed on all fours in Mana's direction, Mana on the other hand waited in the same stance waiting for Toru, it only took Toru a few seconds to reach Mana, the second she was about to reach him Toru jumped at Mana with her arms reaching out in an attempt to grab him, in response Mana let go of his sword and quickly struck the pommel of his sword sending it right at Toru's face, not being able to dodge while mid jump, quickly doing the only thing she can think of Toru took a swing with her right hand at the sword knocking it away from her.

The second that Toru knocked the sword away Mana grabbed both her right arm and leg and before Toru could do anything to counter Mana raised her above his head and quickly slammed her the ground, Toru now laying face down after the slam wasn't moving, all Mana said after planting Toru was "It's done." While keeping a smile on his face.

The three groups who watched what just happened couldn't help stare in shock at what happened, while they stared their focus was solely on Mana as he started to walk toward the sword that Toru knocked away, after walking up to it and bending down to pick up the sword Mana stops his attempt to pick up his due to a shout he heard from where he left Toru after face planting her.

"HEY!!! Don't you turn your back on me, and whats with walking away assuming I'm done after just one throw, don't think you'll win with just half assing this fight... FIGHT ME PROPER, USE YOUR STRONGEST AGAINEST ME!!!"

After hearing the initial shout from Toru, Mana stopped his motion to grabbing his sword, Mana then turned to face her listening to what she was saying all the while the smile on his face that hadn't changed from since the moment he arrived in this world, the corners on his lips started to raise and when Toru attempted to goad it only made him smile more now showing off the teeth behind the smile and his response to her demand to use his strongest was a simply "Very well."

After confirming that he was about to use his strongest he pointed his right arm to the ground with his hand fully open, while then grabbing his right wrist with his left hand, after a few moments everyone watching and even Toru were shocked to see blue energy start gather and swirl around Mana, the energy slowly made its way to the right hand of Mana and started to form a small blue sphere that grew the more energy went into it until it reached a size that perfectly fit into his hand, once it reached this size he grasped it with his hand when he did the swirling energy disappeared and he let go of his wrist looked to Toru and asked "Are you ready for this?"

Toru who now had visible beads sweat rolling down her face didn't answer Mana instead she rushed towards him, but this time it was even faster then when she attempted to grab him earlier in the fight. When she reached him instead of going for a grab like before, this time she went for a swipe with her right paw, in response Mana took a quick step in her direction and hooked his left arm on Toru's attempted swipe, then before Toru could even react Mana used his hooked arm to swing himself behind Toru, the second that he was behind her he thrusted the blue sphere towards Toru's back, the second that it made contact with her Mana unhooked his arm and jumped back and shouted mid jump "MAGIC BOMB!"

As Mana shouted this the blue sphere blew up on Toru's back, this sent flying in the direction she was facing she flew forty feet before gravity brought crashing to the ground where she rolled for a further ten feet before ending up laying face up and it appeared that she was knocked out, looking at her from where he was Mana quietly said to himself "Looks like I win this time Kitty Cat."

 

End of Chapter 4

1