7 – Sow Melons Reap Melons; Sow Beans Reap Beans
92 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>you reap what you sow<


“This laozi can teach you how to become stronger.” Ji Shen added, ”Even better than what shizun could do.” 

However, as if she was summoned when she was mentioned, Bai BingLu arrived with the food just in time to hear Ji Shen’s words. Her face turned dark. 

“Ji Shen.” Her voice was as cold as ice, “Follow me.”

Bai BingLu left the hut and walked without caring about Ji Shen struggling to catch up. 

They soon arrived at a wide empty field. Bai BingLu threw a sword, one fitting Ji Shen’s small stature but still deadly. 

“Try to injure me. A small cut would suffice.”

Ji Shen may have lost most of his cultivation but he was still an experienced swordsman. Regardless of the decrease in size, he was still confident to at least land one attack on Bai BingLu. After all, she was just a cultivator from an alchemist clan. Just how good can she be with fighting? Even her sword was of medium-ranked and nameless.

Ji Shen entered her personal area with confidence.

Yet as time passed and hundreds of swings were thrown, there was not a scratch on Bai BingLu ‘s body or robes. 

Ji Shen had already been consumed with fatigue as he was heavily panting, his inner robes soaked with sweat.

“One more time-”

Bai BingLu clicked her teeth, she smacked Ji Shen using her sword sheath. 

“You can’t even cut me, how dare you try to teach others. Don’t entice Xiao YiJun anymore.” 

Ji Shen knelt on the ground. The punishment was milder than what he used to.

“Shizun, I’m sor-”

“Ji Shen, if things can easily be solved with an apology, the world would be a cruel place. You need to learn from your mistake.”

Ji Shen’s face went paler than it already was. How could Bai BingLu utter the same words as Tu Huo Long?

 


 

With his broken legs and low nutrition, Xiao YiJun could only twist and turn on the bed. No matter how he hated it, just like in the cave, he had to wait for Bai BingLu to stay alive. 

However one thing for sure, at least there was hope for survival this time. 

His stomach grumbled. Ah, he was supposed to eat but the matter was overshadowed with Ji Shen’s misbehaviour. Xiao YiJun eyed the porridge on the table just a few feet from him. Could he reach that distance?

Yet before he could even try, the door rattled open and Bai BingLu entered, carrying unconscious and bruised Ji Shen. 

Xiao YiJun narrowed his phoenix eyes as Bai BingLu placed Ji Shen onto the haystack at the corner of the hut. He had already figured that the ‘righteous’ cultivators were more than capable to commit child abuse. He could only grit his teeth that his life was currently in her hands.

His stomach grumbled again, at the worst time.

Bai BingLu heard it and suddenly became bashful. 

“Oh no, you still haven’t eaten yet!”

Bai BingLu quickly reached the bowl and became more embarrassed that it had gone cold. She cannot give him cold porridge. 

The stomach of the boy roared again.

Bai BingLu guiltily gave him the bowl, “Sorry. I would be more attentive next time, you would have to bear with it just this one time.” 

Xiao YiJun ate quickly while Bai BingLu watched, her heart still felt the guilt. An idea suddenly came upon her brain. 

“You can have this.”

She handed Xiao YiJun a candy after he cleaned out the bowl. As a former child, Bai BingLu knew children like candy. 

Xiao YiJun stared at the candy in his grasp and kept it in his sleeve. It was a force of habit. He disliked sweet things, and when he attained one, he would keep it for his younger sibling. Maybe he could give it to Ji Shen some time. 

The unbearing silence engulfed the hut yet again.

Bai BingLu was the one to break the silence.

“Do you want to be strong?” 

There was no mockery, nor sympathy laced within her words. Bai BingLu’s stare was able to pierce into his heart. 

“I don’t want to lose anything anymore.” 

Xiao YiJun reciprocated her stare and with determination, he looked straight to her eyes. What more can she do? He had nothing to lose at the moment. But one day after today, he would surely earn something valuable. Something that he would have to protect. Something that would surely break him if he lost it again.

Bai BingLu smiled sadly. 

“No need to listen to Ji Shen. I would help you.” 

Xiao YiJun blinked.

“I will teach you, make you stronger.” She took his small hands into hers, “Just don’t do anything that you would regret.” 

Xiao YiJun was reluctant to remain with a stranger much less a righteous cultivator.  

But who was he to reject such a tempting offer?


a/n: I missed my own dateline to the temptation of games. I am an easy woman, give me the ability to do interior design and I'm hooked.  So two chapters for today and two more tomorrow.

2