9 – Small Hole Not Mend; Big Hole Eat Hardship
117 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>if a trivial problem is not solved in time, it will become a serious and knotty one<


 

At the gate of the Blue City, Bai BingLu wanted to scream ‘Finally, CIVILIZATION!’ but she was a master now, she needed to act mature in front of her disciples. The reputation in their eyes was really important.

But Ji Shen has no face to hide.

“Shizun, everything is so vibrant! Oh, look at the pretty sisters!”

Ji Shen was planning to act like a good and happy child who was content with life; it was the type of child that people like. But with the security he had thanks to Bai BingLu, he did not have to act. Back then, when he was this age, he was locked in a windowless room, travelled in a locked carriage in the middle of the night. Even during the time as a devil cultivator, he never had the luxury to enjoy life as a normal civilian. He had the money and power, but never the joy.

However, this second run was different. 

It had to be different.

This time, he must be happy. 

Xiao YiJun observed how pleasant the relationship between Bai BingLu and Ji Shen was. As expected, a healthy relationship was like that. Even though he cannot fully accept Bai BingLu, he could at least fake it. Just try to imitate Ji Shen. 

“Blue City sure has some beautiful girls~”

Bai BingLu had laid the card, it was time for Xiao YiJun to strike with a line Ji Shen’s would say! 

“Shizun is beautiful too!” 

Bai BingLu stared down at him. He swallowed his saliva, anticipating the result. Would he get a head pat like Ji Shen usually had? 

“I will check your eyes later, there seems to be a problem.”

Xiao YiJun decided to never act cute again. He turned away to cover his embarrassment and he saw something interesting; a sneaking hand stealthily snatching a purse. He was not the only witness though.   

“Ji-xiong, you saw it.”

“I did.”

“You are not going to do anything?”

“Shizun said to mind our business. Let him be, he needs to earn money somehow.” 

Xiao YiJun made a face that one made when they heard the stupidest thing ever in their life. 

Before Ji Shen could pout and puff, the two children collided with the man they were talking about. The pickpocket Ji Shen cursed silently while Xiao YiJun immediately checked himself. Something was missing. 

“Ji-xiong, the pendant!”

The pickpocket had stolen their jade waist pendant.

The two locked eyes and agreed silently, it was their business now. 

“The ugly baldie, stop you, thief!”

Ji Shen yelled at the top of his lungs, attracting everyone's attention. The mentioned man, however, became more ugly and started speeding through the crowd. Xiao YiJun chased after him.

“Shizun, that man stole our pendant!”

Bai BingLu looked calm despite all of it, she patted Ji Shen’s head. He was getting restless, where was her sense of urgency? The person stole the gifts she gave to them! It was not a simple matter. His life was at stake.

“Don’t worry, he cannot disappear as long as he has the pendant.”

She took Ji Shen’s hand and walked at a leisure pace, “We should follow Xiao Jun or he will get lost.”

 


 

The pickpocket realised that the only one chasing him was a small child. He sneered to himself, he could take a child anytime. He halted and suddenly rushed to Xiao YiJun. With the size difference, Xiao YiJun did not stand a chance. 

The grip on the boy tightened, Xiao YiJun cannot breathe. He was a fool to chase an adult into an abandoned alley. No one would hear his choke. 

No one would come to save him.

“Oi, baldie. What are you doing with that child?”

“Mo-gongzi!” 

The pickpocket panicked at the sight of the Mo person. His grip loosened and Xiao YiJun took the opportunity to bite his arm.

“Ack!”

Xiao YiJun quickly ran in another direction away from the Mo person. He cannot be sure if the person was a friend or foe. 

The man seemed unfazed with the rejection, his eyes still coldly focusing on the shaking pickpocket.

“Mo-gongzi! I didn’t do anything bad! This kid picked a fight with me first!”

“I don’t care about that!” His eyes became colder as he walked closer, “What did you do to my sister?”

“What? I don’t know! I swear I would never harm your sister!”

The man clearly was not satisfied with the answer, and grabbed the pickpocket’s wrist, “Last chance, where’s my sister?”

“Da Tian, it's fine.”

Mo Qing Tian released his grip, the man’s wrist was red. He was lucky to not have it broken. Mo Qing Tian jogged to Bai BingLu. He grabbed her shoulder and looked everywhere. 

“You’re okay?”

“You think that man could harm me? I’m offended.”

“I panicked. You know your scent is stronger when it's out of your body.”

Bai BingLu smiled and turned her attention to Ji Shen who had already made his way to the shaking pickpocket on the floor of the alley. 

“These are ours~”

Ji Shen skipped to Xiao YiJun who was staring at Mo Qing Tian talking with their master. Another threat had appeared and he was not scared to say he did not give a damn to a child getting choked. 

Was it because there was no decent adult out of his village or has his mind been poisoned enough for him to distrust everyone? 


a/n: Sorry I got distracted again. Crash Landing on You was a bit addicting.

3