12 – A Cheeseburger, My Kingdom for a Cheeseburger
177 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After telling sensei that I would be gone for a few days I warped back to Ectasia and join the merchant. His name was Graham and we chatted casually while I read the soul technique scroll still trying to understand some parts of it. Apparently, he hadn’t been attacked on this trip for over ten years, but he still decided to have the job open for any adventurers wishing to travel to wherever he was going saying. ‘If the gods wished for me to survive a trip, then may they send someone to protect me on that trip.’ Basically, he was just playing Russian roulette. Know how the plot goes we would probably get attacked by something.

However, the whole trip we just slept on top of the carriage, and we only got attacked by goblins and the like. We met a few new ones called Hobgoblins, but they died the same once I just warped me and graham a few miles away and waited for them to bleed out. Seriously, had no one heard on tourniquets.

I cut off their ears and bagged them. By the third day I was sick of dried food and grabbed some McDonald’s. By now I had warped between Ectasia and Earth so many times that I just ignored the headache and could do it again in two hours. I didn’t forget graham. Slip him a few Zolpidem and he is out for the count. I drove the carriage off the road and hid it before warping to my place with the poor sod.

So, I can take people with me. Good to know in the future. Once we are there, I wait till I’m ready to grab some McDonalds and then warp him and me back to Ectasia. I wrap the dozen or so cheeseburgers I bought. I love just the plain cheeseburger with lettuce added on. I always get annoyed looks from the cashier, but they just make them anyway.

Once Graham wakes up, he sees me eating and speaks. “Sorry, I must have fell asleep.” I just shrug and speak. “Well, whatever happened I’ve watered the horses and here’s something to eat.” I then hand him an unwrapped cheeseburger. He looks at I quizzically and sees me eating it like a sandwich and then proceeds to take a bite. He takes a few bites and speaks. “It’s nice. Did you warp to get it?”

I just nod and speak. “I would appreciate it if you would not reveal the fact that I can travel between countries instantly.” He continues to eat before asking. “Then why do you travel?” I just smirk and speak. “Do you really think the gods would give such a gift without a catch. I can only go to places I’ve been before.” He just nods as he eats the second burger. I’ve eaten all but four before he woke up since I need thousands of calories to sustain myself. We both just continued to talk from atop the carriage and then continue our ride the next day.

Sloeham was exactly like I imagined it. It was just a bigger version of the previous town. I Went to the adventurer’s guild, and it seemed that all the guilds were the same throughout the kingdom. I got paid a few orichalcum for the goblin ears along with just the hobs being a whole orichalcum coin each since they were apparently highly dangerous.

I spent my time exploring the city and mainly killing more goblins while drinking and occasionally going back to earth. It turned out my luck also effected the stock market. I found a book about spirit summoning and decided to read it along with a book which essentially meant, Runes for Dummies in Dwarven.

It was funny. I could speak and read any language I find in this world. Except for runes that were. Those I doubted anyone spoke in runes so maybe that was why in the same way that no one actually spoke in computer code. The only catch of this bonus ability was that I had to hear or read the language first. Nice I had I could instinctively switch to that language with ease. It wasn’t like a mother tongue but felt exactly like switching between Japanese and English when thinking. I had to instinctively translate my English thoughts into that language.

The book of spirit summoning was pretty good. You had to draw a magic circle then sit in the middle of it. You then had to apply your blood. This would signify any spirit that you are willing to enter a pact with them. If you just wanted to commune with the spirits then you could use a man a rich substitute like another’s blood, ground mana stones or even holy water. I should get my hands on some of that. You know. For just in case.

There were a few kinds of spirits. Those of the deceased which lived in the spirit realm for an amount of time before passing and elemental spirits. They were essentially beings that only existed within the spirit realm attuned to their affinity.

I rented a house here since I would be spending sometime here for a while. I cleared a room and drew out the circle from the book. First the inner and outer circle. Then within the inner circle a heptagram. Between the inner and outer circles, I spent a few hours drawing the runes which gave me a slight headache each time I drew one and I felt the energy I used for jumping being slowly drained.

After that I stabbed myself with the needle and drew a bag of blood. I felt lightheaded and took a break for a few minutes while squeezing the bag does not make sure it didn’t clot. Now was the hard part. The lines had been made in chalk. Now I needed to apply the blood before it dried. I took a paint brush while lighting a candle to mask the smell. I painted the whole array with my blood in about ten minutes. I then made sure the door was locked and sat in the empty spot in the middle of the array.

The technique said to circulate mana through your body, but I was unable to do that. If I could being do the satanic like ritual currently. Instead, I decided to jump. I pictured the exact spot I was in and activated it. I felt that familiar feeling travel through my body which I hypnotised was somekind of special energy.

When I opened my eyes, I found myself in another place. I glanced down and saw I was in my clothes and the same body just to check something hadn’t happened. Was I actually in the spirit realm. Was this a side effect of me using my ability to activate it. Usually, one could only communicate with the plane or in extreme cases place an astral projection here. The ground was made of compressed dirt and the mottled grey mist surrounding me made it almost impossible to see further than a dozen metres.

I snapped in a direction when I heard a voice in a language I had not heard before but now understood. “Well, this is certainly a surprise.”

5