The Darkness Takes Precedence(2)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3 - The Darkness Takes Precedence (2)

Ken struggled to breathe, taking one knee. He coughed with such force that the skin from his windpipe ruptured, causing him to bleed from the mouth.

In a panic, Ken fell onto his backside before swiftly getting back up. However, he quickly realized that he could hardly see anything.

The darkness had become so potent that it began to blind his vision.

"I can't see." "Someone help!" "I can't see!"

In a hurried scramble, he accidentally dropped his knife. Agitated, he reached for his face, unconsciously touching his wide open eyeballs, causing a sudden exclamation of pain. "Aahh!" Ken inadvertently bumped his head against the wall.

The darkness only grew stronger, dominating his senses.

It began to choke the oxygen from his lungs. Previously struggling to breathe, now he could not.

In shock, he turned tail and fled for his life. Every single nerve cell in his brain screamed vigorously at him. "RUN!" The surrounding darkness became inconsequential as every place on Earth seemed better and safer than his current location.

But something hooked him by the spine.

Like a rusty nail scratching at his spinal cord, leaving behind its filth and infecting it, he was paralyzed.

His feet froze to the ground, and the discomfort was indescribable.

As Liam jumps from the wire on the roof he yells "The Hero Arrives."

Liam's voice echoed through the night sky, amplified by the modulator.

A light flashed before Ken's eyes. Unable to react, his mouth was seized by an inhumane, coarse, jittery appendage.

Scared for his life, he was rag-dolled and slammed into the wall. In agony, he tried to let out a petrifying scream, but his voice cracked, and nothing was heard.

Liam gripped the man's face with enough force to crush steel.

Ken was hit by the most atrocious, mind-altering pain he had ever felt.

It felt like the rough tongue of an animal eating away at his skin, slowly piercing and itching into his flesh, as the vibrating hand pressed upon his face.

Mentally, he wept.

Tears flooded his eyes.

Not realizing that his jaw and skull had been decimated, uncontrollable urine and snot began to excrete from his body.

Liam's reverberating dark voice rattled Ken to his bones. These words he would never forget, as they were his last.

"This man is no soldier."

Liam's gut punched him with such force that his hand entered his abdomen, piercing and rupturing his stomach.

Destroying his spinal cord, Liam opened his hand midway to ensure he did not pull the man's intestines out of his body. Swiftly removing his hand, he grasped the man's head and threw him over the roof.

Splosh*

Panic struck the citizens like a lightning rod.

The terrified screams of civilians echoed throughout the city.

"Well, that was slightly entertaining. No time for games though. Father's work must be done."

0