Chapter Fifteen : Running Out of Time, Offer
902 6 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you okay?" Reina asked softly, seeing both December and Vanity looking worse and more sick than they had before she had made breakfast for them.

"Nothing w-wrong here." Vanity said while waving a hand, helping herself to another pancake, using her fork to slice it into bite sized pieces.

"We're f-fine..." December said with a forced smile, her mind spinning, yet she couldn't find a solution. She had enough money to buy blood, but she had no channels and didn't know who to ask as buying blood would draw attention, especially if she bought it without a valid reason.

December placed her plate besides the sink and went upstairs and slumped on her bed, her fingers tapping her phone hurriedly as she searched online for a solution.

"Sure enough, you can't buy it w-without a prescription, and I don't own a h-hospital..." December wasn't sure she could find a solution given a week, and she didn't even have that long.

"How are you l-little sister?" Vanity said, wrapping December in her arms and placing her cheek against December's soft hair and squinting in enjoyment.

"Not good! I c-can't find any way to g-get any blood!" December said in a raspy growl, her tears threatened to fall, but Vanity stiffened and slowly turned her head towards her and stared her in the eyes.

"You couldn't have known y-you'd have so little t-time. If we r-really can't find a s-solution, I'll go knock out someone a-and drag them back here..." Vanity said with a chuckle and patted December's head lightly to help her calm down.

"That's super i-illegal!" December said with a hint of a smile, staring her sister in the eyes. She gently pulled Vanity on to the bed and simply stared at her.

"Why are you so k-kind to me?" December asked and felt Vanity's slight surprise. Vanity blinked and then extended a finger and poked December's nose gently.

"We're f-family December. How could I n-not love you?" Vanity said while rolling her eyes, but December held the hand she'd used to poke her nose and stared at her almost pleadingly.

"Okay, when you e-entered the game and received your c-class, Ephy and Cearis s-stuffed us together, and I saw what you'd l-lived through..." Vanity said while lowering her head.

"At first... I d-disdained the thought of being r-related to someone I d-didn't know." Vanity said quietly and December felt her heart ache while Vanity's fingers tightened around her own.

"But I saw i-it... You gave u-up on life, and I had a-already died. If not for the gods and g-goddesses protecting my soul, I'd have faded l-long ago." Vanity looked up and stared into December's eyes and spoke slowly.

"I could s-see someone hurt and afraid... Scared to be someone e-else. I could feel what you f-felt, the self loathing and f-frustration, and I decided to..." Vanity stopped speaking and closed her eyes with a sigh.

"I decided to a-accept you, both L-Liam and December. You are my cute s-sister, no matter what, w-who do you think you are December?" Vanity said, her voice serious despite her hitches.

"I w-want to be Dec-" Vanity lightly rapped December's forehead and shook her own head, then pointed to herself and spoke confidently.

"I'm Vanity Nyx V-Valaine! I don't want to be m-me, I don't have to t-try to be me, I am me. Who are y-you December?" Vanity asked again and watched as December's eyes became watery.

"I'm December!" Seeing December's face, Vanity smiled and hugged her, patting her back while December's mind tried to settle down.

"Then don't feel a-anxious when mom's around. She's as m-much your mom as she is m-my mom, okay sis?" Vanity said while using a corner of the covers to dry December's face.

"You'll ruin the c-covers!" December said, but Vanity just shook her head and pushed December back and lay on top of her, listening to her slow heart beats.

"I k-know you can't change immediately, b-but mom waited for s-seven centuries for me to return. Having you made her so h-happy. December you aren't a s-substitute, you're our family!" Vanity said while December quietly listened beneath her.

"Sister, how d-did you die?" Hearing December's question, Vanity stiffened noticeably and then relaxed, combing her fingers through December's hair and slowly spoke.

"I was headstrong and b-believed I could do anything. Mom told me some r-races hated us, but I couldn't believe her b-because we aren't anything like they're told." Vanity sighed and continued with a soft voice.

"I met an elf and we became f-friends. I didn't know she o-only saw me as an evil c-creature. So when she tricked me, I only f-felt regret that I didn't listen to our mom." Vanity said and rolled to the side, laying besides December.

"I was continuously injured until my Mana was e-exhausted, then she stabbed a sword through my h-heart. You k-know, in those moments, I only r-regretted not telling mom goodbye?" Vanity said with a bitter chuckle.

"I'm sorry that h-happened to you." December said and hugged Vanity, feeling the helplessness and remorse surging beneath her calm expression through their link. 

"We both faced s-scary things, but we're here n-now. I'm glad to have a little s-sister too!" Vanity said with a chuckle, but it became a derisive snort when December interjected.

"Why can't I be the b-bigger sister?" December giggled when Vanity clambered on top of her and began tickling her relentlessly.

"I won't let you g-go until you admit you are my little s-sister little sis!" Vanity told the truth, and a minute later December yielded and let out a bitter cry.

"I'm sorry big s-sis!" Hearing it, Vanity nodded and smiled, crawling to the edge of the bed and climbing off, half tugging December with her.

"Wanna swim, the pool looked n-nice?" Vanity said and then froze, her expression changing between slightly shocked and alarmed to one with a wry sense of humor.

"On second thought, I'll j-just relax." Vanity said while plopping down again, then turned her pink red eyes to December and said in a sorrowful voice.

"But I want to s-see my cute little sis in a s-swimsuit!" Vanity's words made December's face flush and she buried herself in the covers while Vanity laughed loudly.

"Do you two need anything?" Reina knocked lightly and asked, looking at Vanity who looked like she'd run a marathon and then at the bulging covers where December had hid herself.

"Not really? I'm g-good at least?" Vanity said uncertainly and nudged the bulging section of the covers and heard a soft hum from December.

"Are you sure, you look a bit sickly?" Reina said and approached Vanity, placing a hand on her forehead and almost jerking back at how cold it was.

"My sister and I both h-have a mild illness, it's not dangerous, d-don't worry about it." Vanity said while December emerged from the covers and stared at her sister and then spoke before Vanity could cover her mouth.

"Reina... can you g-give Vanity some blood?" Reina looked a bit surprised while Vanity clasped a hand over December's mouth with a stern glare.

"Do you know she's your o-only friend! I know you want to h-help me, but I want you to have a f-friend!" Vanity said and then sighed, placing her own forehead against December's.

"It's... it's fine!" Reina's voice shocked them, and both could feel the shock from each other as they looked at Reina who stared back with a gaze of mixed emotions.

"I saw December go to the bathroom yesterday and come out looking worse, so I followed you two today and listened by the door." Reina said with a sigh, then sat on the edge of the bed and stared at the two of them.

"I don't know why you both are the way you are, or how I could help besides this way. But I also have a sister, so don't take too much?" Reina said while extending her wrist towards them.

"Reina, y-you do know we'll drink it r-right!?" Vanity asked, feeling incredulous. Someone offering something they needed to live for others, others they barely knew shocked her.

"I know, but I also don't want to watch you two getting any worse." Reina said and fully extended her arm, the slight trembling of her body showed she was more afraid than she'd let show though.

"Reina, I'm sorr-" December said with a voice that almost cracked and Reina moved, pulling both December and Vanity into her embrace, patting their backs.

"It's okay, I don't mind. Just don't take too much." Reina said while Vanity nodded and lifted Reina's arm, then looked at Reina's face and smiled lightly.

"I'm glad it w-was you who took my sister's first tim-" Vanity was interrupted by December smacking her head with a flushed face, her expression a mixture of embarrassment and laughter.

"Why did you have to s-say it like that?" December said while Reina winced feeling the cool breath Vanity let out, then lifted her wrist to December with a hint of hesitation.

"Reina, don't force y-yourself... I asked for Vanity, I can find a way soo-" Reina rolled her eyes and placed her wrist in front of December's face, seeing her nose twitch several times and then felt December's cool lips latch on to her skin.

"I'd have gone first b-but it just felt like my little s-sis should?" Vanity said while Reina felt something tingly spread from the area, feeling a light sensation as December ran her tongue along her skin, then bit into it slowly with her teeth.

"Mmmp?" It wasn't painful like Reina thought it would be, instead it was pleasant and filled her with a cool sensation, then she felt a similar sensation from her other arm.

Unlike the game where December's body couldn't get any real benefits from drinking blood, Reina's warm blood heated her mouth and tasted like the best thing December had ever tasted.

She could feel her body shivering as the blood entered her system, then with a hint of unwillingness she pulled herself away and licked the wound lightly, watching quietly as the wound sealed itself quickly.

"I feel so much better!" Vanity mumbled from the other side, while December realized while feeding, they had pushed Reina into a laying position and had half climbed on to her.

"Reina, are you okay?!" December asked quickly and received a soft nod from Reina who opened her eyes and stared at them with slightly tired eyes.

"Reina, you taste good!" Vanity said and helped pull Reina into a sitting position, licking her red tinted lips and looking at the faint marks in Reina's skin.

"I'm fine, don't worry. It didn't hurt?" Reina said, looking at December's lips coated in a thin layer of red and realized she had blushed afterwards when December's eyes rolled around uncertainly.

"Oh, thanks." December said with wide eyes and licked the blood from her lips, her pale tongue snaking between her red lips catching Reina's attention more than even she'd like to admit.

"Little sis, I get you adore your friend, but don't you think Reina needs some room?" Vanity asked with a smirk when December realized she was half sitting on Reina's lap, and then her cheeks became flushed, even more so than before.

With more blood in her body, it may have allowed her to blush more noticeably, or it could have simply been too much embarrassment and showed too vividly.

"Are you okay now?" Reina asked softly, her own face feeling warm when she saw December's dodging eyes. December nodded and looked at Vanity who gave her a thumbs up with a smile.

"Oh, so now you'll definitely get the raise!" Vanity interjected randomly while Reina tried to wrap her head around what had just transpired.

51