Chapter Sixteen : Explanations, Moving Forward
844 4 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You won't quit will you?" December asked softly while looking at Reina's exposed skin, her tongue running over her lips again as she sat back with an uneasy expression.

"Why would I quit? Even if you two did bite me, I did say it was okay to begin with." Reina said after taking a deep breath, the tingly sensations where the two had bitten her was slowly fading, yet it would be a while before they completely went away.

"Oh." December said, and Reina wasn't sure what she was thinking because her eyes simply stared at the covers until Vanity smacked December over the head with a pillow.

"Stop over thinking it little sis, you'll just make yourself unhappy like this." Vanity said and then pulled December forward with a grin, and laughed when December's sudden momentum caused her to fall across Reina's lap.

"Sis, don't be shy, Reina offered us a bite. Distract yourself!" December stiffened and wanted to climb off of Reina's lap, but didn't move too quickly in the fear of hurting Reina.

"Thank you Reina!" December said with her head lowered slightly. Although she had told herself she could do it, she didn't do it and troubled Reina in the end.

"It's fine, you two look better already." Reina said with a chuckle and got off of December's bed, looking at the two twins who stared back, one with slight apprehension and the other with a bit of worry.

"Since you encountered something not in the working contract, you'll be given a raise. Of course, this isn't to make you our meal, it's to compensate you for well... You know?" Vanity said with a shrug, clearly too lazy to make a valid reason.

"Before you refuse, money isn't anything to us, and if you refuse, we'll um... We'll just arrange it so you win the lottery or something!" Vanity said quickly and then nodded when Reina gave her a helpless look.

"Even if it wasn't in the contract, I don't need a raise. My current salary is already very good." Reina offered the two her blood, but at that time getting a raise wasn't on her mind, she just wanted to help the twins.

"Well, then you can discuss it with mom?" Vanity said with a grin and watched as both Reina and December looked at her, December more with shock than anything else.

"What? Do you think mom couldn't come through? She had to delegate tasks to the Nobles before she came, she's here now though." Vanity said and then snapped her fingers and looked at Reina.

"Oh, wait! Mom is nice even if she looks a bit cold, don't be afraid." Vanity said with a smile and then looked at the door as it opened, and a woman in her early twenties with silky white hair, pink red irises with no pupils, and a cold yet enchanting beauty that made one feel as if she were a star in the skies, distant and unapproachable no matter what.

Then, Reina mentally ground to a halt as she simply clambered on to the bed, held Vanity and December close, and then yawned, her coldness gone and replaced with a doting smile.

"My cute adorable daughters, do you know how much work I had to shove off on the others? It was so tiring!" Lynexia said while letting out a groan and then looked at Reina and waved with a smile.

"I smell blood, they drank from you? Honestly I'd have wished that didn't happen, but it's already happened, nothing I can do." Lynexia said with a chuckle, then looked at her two daughters.

"Well, there was no explicit instructions to not reveal yourself to humans of this world, and she seems trustworthy enough, it's fine." Lynexia said while shrugging and then began cuddling with the two who tried to struggle.

"Mom, I think December wants some love, why not um, give her a bit more?" Vanity said, only to feel the hand around her waist tighten and then gave December a look as if she would die.

"Reina, these are my two daughters you've already met, Vanity and December Nyx Valaine, and my name is Lynexia Haera Nyx Valaine, please call me Lynexia." Reina felt as if she were facing a noble or someone from high society, as even while cuddling with her daughters, Lynexia didn't lose her charming and soothing presence.

"Nice to meet you ma'am. Thank you for hiring me fo-" Before Reina could finish, Lynexia raised a hand and then shook her head.

"Call me Lynexia won't you? My daughters like you very much, and I've been called with formalities for the last seven centuries non-stop, I prefer to be called Lynexia." Lynexia said and then flicked Vanity's forehead elegantly.

"Vanity, if you think you can call me Lynexia, you'll find yourself over my knee and being spanked! And Reina, I didn't hire you, the goddesses did." Lynexia said and then blinked seeing her obvious confusion.

"Oh, so unlike what most of the humans of this world believes, World of Myths is a separate world with gods and goddesses governing it jointly." Lynexia said something shocking and against common sense to human standards to Reina who tried to process it.

"Don't worry, the gods and goddesses involved won't let anything harmful through, and we lose our powers and abilities as well, making us not too different than a human being." Lynexia said and then patted December's head when the latter looked up at her in surprise.

"But you're at Ascended Rank, I don't even know how strong that is, and now you don't have any of it to protect yourself?" December's eyes were shocked and worried, but Vanity simply poked her side sneakily.

"Mom is basically just under the goddesses, and if not for her reluctance to become a goddess, she would've been one already. And even though this world is dangerous to us, mom undoubtedly has tools to protect herself." Vanity said proudly while Lynexia patted her head, then sulked trying to squirm out of her mother's hold.

"Well, yes. My darling summed it up nicely. Here, these are something I made, then Ephy and Cearis blessed them since my Mana isn't divine essence." Lynexia took out four bracelets and placed on on each of her daughters, then moved over to Reina.

"Ephy and Cearis told me what happened earlier. Thank you for taking care of my cuties! This is for you." Lynexia held a bracelet with a chibi bat symbol on it.

"I can't possibly tak-" Lynexia raised an eyebrow and then nodded, clapped her hands and the bracelet glowed, then the space seemed to unravel as another bracelet appeared on top of it.

"You have a sister right? Wear it and give your sister the other one, and it will protect both of you even after the world ends and the stars all die and are reborn." Lynexia's eyes held nothing other than thankfulness and appreciation for Reina, but her words made Reina even more reluctant to take the bracelets.

"Oh, that sounds like a l-long time?" Reina said with stutter while Vanity smacked her forehead and then gave her mom an eyeroll.

"Reina, unlike your world... and most of ours where only exceptional humans can live for a thousand years, any race with a long lifespan can live until they die from unnatural causes like being killed... or sometimes they're just immortal." Vanity said with a shrug.

"Although it might seem like a tiny thing you did for us, we are eternally grateful, so mom decided that you can slowly experience her eternal gratitude. Mom is the Blood Clan Supreme Queen, so it's a really good deal!" Vanity finished with a laugh.

"Ephy, Cearis, you came over?" At Lynexia's words, the world seemed to stutter and then time began running forward again, but now two new people were in the room.

"Yup, it's good to go for a walk. Ephy wanted to see you three, and I just tagged along." Cearis said with a smile, then sat on the edge of the bed and closed her eyes, plopped back and began stretching.

"Hi Ephy, anything you need?" Unlike December who was reserved, Vanity was quite frank and just asked the Goddess of Night upfront.

"No, I the great Goddess of Night, only came to make sure everything is going good." Reina's eyes widened looking at the girl who looked a little younger than December with long black hair glittering with stars and galaxies while her eyes were like moons.

"Ephy, do you remember when Cearis and I snuck into um, your divine realm and stole you-" Vanity was directly covered with a pillow, then the covers tangled her up like a cloth monster and left her writhing in a cocoon of cloth on the bed like a giant caterpillar.

"Reina, don't be so tense. My name is Cearis, she's Ephy. She's the Goddess of Night and the patron of the Blood Clan, these three here. I'm the Goddess of Destiny, it's nice to meet you." Cearis said gently and then winked, chuckling at Reina's nervous face.

"Okay okay, there. I helped you relax a bit." Cearis said while tapping the air lightly with a finger, then looked at Ephy who was now riding the 'cloth caterpillar', beating it with a pillow relentlessly while Lynexia watched while hugging December on her lap.

"You don't seem to be like the gods humans have envisioned at all." Reina said after taking a breath and watched Cearis and Lynexia laugh together.

"Some of us gods and goddesses do act majestic, but maintaining it is also a source of boredom. If you mess up your image, you'll be the object of everyone's laughter in the divine realms for the next couple millennia." Cearis said with a giggle, then looked at December with a smile.

"Hi December, you look happier." Cearis said and Ephy nodded, looking at December who was on Lynexia's lap, receiving gentle head pats while trying to sort through herself.

"I am happier thanks to both of you, well actually all of you." December said and then looked down, ignoring the growing smiles on the two goddesses faces, the slight yet gentle squeeze of Lynexia's arms wrapped around her, and the proud feeling of Vanity through the link since she was still a 'cloth caterpillar'.

Reina also smiled softly when December gave her another look of thanks. When she thought it was her against the world, Reina was there to help her withstand the world alongside her like a heroine of a story.

"Thank you." December said with a flushed face, and everyone couldn't help but smile and giggle seeing her shyness turn into embarrassment as she tried to shrink herself into Lynexia's arms even more unconsciously.

47