Chapter Twenty-Seven : Two Dark Goddesses
529 5 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This isn't written in December's perspective until near the end.

The air trembled in their presence, Mana so condensed it splashed and surged like liquid, flowing away from them. Just the ambient intertwining Mana was both blazing hot and icy cold, causing the trees to crumble away within moments.

"Little sis, when they come, do you want to bet something?" The one with orange eyes blazing like a luminous sun asked the second one, her icy blue eyes which had devoid of anything, showed both interests and amusement.

"If you want to bet with me, I won't deny you the opportunity, you are my sister after all. What do you want to bet with big sis?" Her voice was cool, yet it was beautiful and gentle when she looked at her elder sister.

"Kill count. I didn't get to do anything before, and instead troubled you. The bet is the winner can ask the loser to do something for a day." The air crackled when the icy blue eyes of the girl emanating boundless power fell on the orange eyed girl, her sister.

"Vanity, my dearest big sister, do you mean it? I seem to have discovered an interesting aspect of myself recently, as my sister, you'll help me explore it right?" Vanity squinted at December's words, full of implications and then laughed wildly.

"If you win, you win December! But if you lose, you're mine for the day! Accepted?" Vanity asked December who gave her sister a smile, and her icy blue eyes looked almost warm.

"Winner gets all." December said, her hand gently tapping her throne. Vanity shifted and got to her feet, eyes glancing at the clearing several kilometers wide around them.

"No erasing souls of the players, the people of your world misguided by the Light Faction, they'll just have to regret it... or not, since they won't exist afterwards." December said softly, standing up and holding her sword hilt.

"Using our Thrones would be overkill." Vanity shrugged seeing her sister move, and the two pulled their swords from the ground, a monstrous wave of icy mist and blazing flames surging into the skies.

"And here they come." December muttered, placing her sword behind her, and walking forward, dragging the blade through the ground, the ground being split easily where she walked.

...

The first person to see the World Bosses got his wish, only it was his misfortune as well. The two white haired girls wielding huge swords almost three meters long simply stared at him silently from the center of the clearing, massive glowing thrones behind them

In their presence, he felt small and insignificant, as if one move would send him back to the spawn point. The one wielding the blue tinted sword slowly lifted it, and slashed it almost gently towards him.

Then he felt a pain in his midsection, and all the trees behind him were also divided in two. He could feel darkness closing in, but before his mind fogged over, he found himself on his bed, breathing heavily.

"Four." The icy voice spoke nonchalantly, then watched as a flaming spear pierced through a section of the still intact forest, and a surge of heat blew through, lighting the forest ablaze.

"Fourteen." The challenge in her voice was unmistakable, but the icy blue eyes didn't show anything beyond amusement, then she walked to the red eyed girl and held her left hand.

"Vanity, shall we begin? We have quite the task before us." At her words, countless spells and attacks fell towards them, only to deflected by their swords slashing the air apart.

"I think I can find a nice maid outfit for you, we can truly appreciate your beauty sister." Her soft voice and icy blue eyes full of interest made the red eyed girl cough.

"Then you have to win little sis!" When the two entered the forest, the event began in earnest. Two massive markers were displayed in the eyes of the players, showing their identities as Bosses.

Dark Goddess of Ajudication [Threat Level : Extreme]

Dark Goddess of Flames [Threat Level : Extreme]

The countless attacks overlapping, which could probably make even the strongest player despair, was simply deflected by a swing of their swords.

"Infero." The Dark Goddess of Flames spoke and the world burst into flames, the trees, ground, and people within five hundred meters lighting up like torches.

"It seems we were given limitations on our moves?" The Dark Goddess of Ajudication said and held her sword with both hands, and slashed. The air wailed and screamed as the blazing inferno was spread from the original five hundred meters to several kilometers.

"It's fine." Then the players really despaired after the Dark Goddess of Flames spoke. The two of them moved beautifully and gracefully through the flames, but everywhere they passed, the players and npcs fell to the ground in halves.

"Elemental Bla-" Before a high level player could finish his spell, one of the Dark Goddess swords slashed his arms, then his head, leaving his headless body standing for a moment before it burst into mist.

"Please feel free to use any attack you'd like. I'll do the same." The Dark Goddess of Ajudication spoke softly, her sword becoming a blur as she slashed the air.

"Demon!" An angered voice sounded as a woman appeared, blood dripping from her arm where the sword had sliced. If she hadn't retreated in time, she herself would have ended up in two halves.

"Die." An angry voice sounded and a beam of heat blasted the woman into the ground, a figure shrouded in so much fire attribute Mana that it had begun glowing purple.

"Don't be so angry, she's just... Whatever." Before she could be finished off, the two Goddess flew into the skies, demonic wings unfurling behind them as they gazed at the approaching strong members of the Light Faction.

"You used the players to find us? I guess immortal expendable beings has their uses too." The Dark Goddess of Flames said with a sneer, and then a sea of flames manifested, then vanished into her sword.

"You want to fight? Sadly I have a bet I can't lose!" Then she attacked, each time she appeared, a section of the sky would burn as she swung her sword, while the enemies frantically dodged and counterattacked.

...

December held her sword and flew at a group wearing armor, similar to the man who had attacked her and twirled, the extra momentum making the already pale faces of her enemies look even more gloomy.

The impact made the air boom like thunder, yet she wasn't done at all. She used a single hand and began slashing the spells aimed at her from the ground and skies, then used the flat part of her blade to hammer the nearest of her enemies into the ground.

The man fell like a meteor and through the help of the various goddesses, she knew many died when he fell. But she didn't keep track of her kill count much, instead she would use different methods of attacks.

The screams of demon and devil, of evil incarnate seemed never ending. December couldn't understand why majority could make a situation from black into white.

Light Faction simply had no gods or goddesses, and wished to make their own through acquiring fate and creating their own God. But although a god could bless people, they wished to control the god, apparently not understanding just how vast the difference was between themselves and gods.

December could call herself the Goddess of Ajudication, but she wouldn't truly be a Goddess in the truest sense. All in all, gods had to learn and grow, and accumulate both wisdom and knowledge, which was why a god could change paths.

No matter the path a god or goddess walked, they could switch. Vanity, having chosen the path of Fire, could choose the path of Water, but the contrast would slow her down, not remarkably, but a goddess who had used the Ice Path would be quicker in progressing than she would.

Seeing the members of the Light Faction urging the people who had no chance of winning to charge and attack, December held her sword vertically and took a deep breath.

"I might win at this rate." December mumbled to herself, flipping upside and down and slashing towards the ground, a wave of icy blue light blowing a massive chunk of the forest into an icy wasteland.

"Do you know what you're doing?! Attacking us!? When our god is born, you remnants of the Dark Faction will only be able to cower before his glory!" The man's shout drew December's attention to him.

"You hunted me, I simply defended. Now we are in the midst of battle, please don't speak righteously, it's just laughable." December said, dodging an old priest who glared at her angrily.

"As a priest, is it common to have the blood of thousands on your hands?" December asked curiously while the man retrieved a blade crafted of gold and silver.

"I saved them from their faithless existences! God is forgiving, and now they can spend their afterlife atoning!" The old priest was crazy December decided, so she raised her sword and cut downwards.

"If God was forgiving, why would he let you die?" December then gripped the sword and burst forward, the air blasting away and forming a momentary vacuum,  then the air returned to normal, leaving the only man inside who's body had already reached it's limits.

"In the end, rejecting your patrons led to this moment, goodbye." December's icy Mana flared and the man was submerged in an icy blue beam, and then crumbled into nothingness moments before.

"Save m-" December inwardly gave the player being ran through by a flaming spear a aoft prayer, being flung back nearly a kilometer before turning into a huge ball of super heated energies that quickly faded moments later.

"Beautiful like a supernova, yet far less harmful." Vanity had come to her after exploding the poor player, but December didn't say anything and shot Vanity a silent eyeroll.

33