Chapter 29
193 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

People hesitated when they heard the last boss was guarded, but Jake convinced it was a normal thing inside a gate, so they mustered courage and advanced to the next room.

Just like the previous room, the last boss room was spacious, but the interior was decorated. It was suitable for living. The ground was floored, and paintings were carved in the walls.

The last boss, a giant ogre, was sitting on his throne, while several orcs were standing on his side.

People were nervous when they entered the room, but none of them cowered. They were united as one.

They didn't waste time and took action. The plan was to separate the boss from the guards, so Jake divided the tanker teams into two. One for luring the guards. The other for keeping the boss's aggro on them. Only these tankers were the first ones to approach the enemies. The other teams were keeping their distance.

Jake and Misael were one team. They waited for the other tankers to lure the guards away. After that, they approached the boss.

"Yo, Butler. Want to bet who is going to agitate the boss the most?" Misael asked.

"I will pass, idiot," Jake declined. He was too lazy to do a reckless thing. Besides, he couldn't win against Misael in his current condition. Thanks to the manual he had given to him, Misael grew stronger. If he wanted to defeat Misael, Jake needed to learn more abilities or increase the grades of the abilities he currently had.

Misael used [Tattoo Magic] and [Demonic Transformation] simultaneously. His skin reddened and his muscles bulked. He grew a pair of goat horns on his head, a pair of bat wings on his back, and a black tail on his lower back. After that, runic letters spread on his entire body, a blue mana halo floated behind him, and mana bracers appeared on his wrists.

This was his new demonic form, [Demonic Transformation: Arcane Demon Form]. In this form, he could reach the harmony of aura and magic just like that of a magic warrior. In other words, Misael was as strong as Reina.

Misael grinned at him, as if sensing his fear. "After this event is over, I will challenge you to a fight." After saying that, he ran past him and lunged at the boss. Misael performed a flying kick.

The boss widened his eyes and stood up from the throne. He quickly grabbed his mace that was sitting beside the throne and swatted Misael away.

"Great. How reckless, Misael," Jake murmured as he saw Misael flying toward a wall on the other side and crashed. Even though Misael had grown stronger, there was a level gap between him and the boss.

Jake wasn't worried about Misael's well-being because he knew Marilyn would heal him, so he continued to run at the boss.

The boss roared in anger. He probably didn't expect a low level person to be a threat to him. When Jake approached, he looked at him warily and swung down his mace with his maximum power.

Jake activated [Repulsion Force] and propelled his body forward before the mace could hit him. The ground behind him cracked, but he ignored it and approached the ogre's leg.

Jake stabbed the leg, but his weapon couldn't penetrate through the thick skin. His attack only made the ogre angrier.

The ogre swung his free hand in slapping motion, but Jake didn't move. Jake faced the ogre's giant hand, but before it could hit him, he redirected its attack and made the ogre lose balance.

As the ogre fell to the ground, some damage dealers and supporters advanced. One of the supporters was Brian and Anastasia. Brian leaped to the air and controlled the [Lightning Whip] to wrap the ogre's neck. At the same time, Anastasia fired [Ice Blast] at the ogre's torso. The blast exploded and turned into a layer of ice.

Thanks to their combined attack, the ogre was incapable of moving. However, it wouldn't be long before the ogre could recover. The level gap between them was too far, and the ogre could overpower their magic effects with a sheer brute force, so the damage dealers immediately attacked him.

Reina activated [Aura Magic Ignition] and launched a [Magic Slash] at him. The crescent beam that came out of her sword sliced the ogre's arm like tofu, advanced toward his head, and chopped a quarter of his head.

The other damage dealers, except for Warren, also dealt a miniscule amount of damage upon the ogre, but none of them compared to Reina's destruction scale.

The ogre shouted in anger, and his body emanated an invisible wave, pushing people away from him.

Jake was far from the effective range of attack, so he waited for the wave to disappear. After that, he rushed in and caught Reina, who was on the verge of falling unconscious.

"Are you alright, Reina?" Jake asked, carrying Reina in his arms.

Reina smiled weakly and said, "I have used up all my mana. I am sorry."

"It's fine. Rest well. Handle the rest to us."

Jake put Reina at the corner of the room, where the support team members gathered. Even though they could heal him, they couldn't heal her mana fatigue, so Reina couldn't help anymore.

Jake immediately came back to the battlefield and found out the ogre had been released from the side effects.

Even though the ogre lost his arm, he felt more dangerous than before. His eyes emanated crimson light. Steam came out of his body as his skin reddened. This was the ogre's special ability, [Berserker]. It increased all his physical stats, but he was prone to get angry as a side effect.

The ogre was standing near some students, and Jake knew they would be the first target of his rampage, so Jake threw his axes at him.

The ogre parried an ax, but the second ax moved unpredictably and hit the ogre's eye. He roared in anger and started to dash at Jake.

Jake applied [Repulsion Force] on his feet and jumped back. However, the ogre could still chase him.

Jake looked at the ogre in surprise as the latter swung his mace at him. However, before it could hit Jake, Misael grabbed Jake from behind and helped him evade the attack.

"Nice safe."

"Accept my duel proposal later as a thanks," Misael said coolly.

The ogre activated [Aura Ignition] and also applied [Aura Weapon] to his mace. After that, he started to attack Misael and Jake blindly.

Both of them alone couldn't evade all of the ogre's attacks, but they worked together this time. When Jake couldn't evade the ogre's attack, Misael pulled him. When it was Misael's turn, Jake also helped him. They were surprisingly a good duo.

Even though they could evade all the attacks, they couldn't compare to the ogre in terms of stamina, so they kept on evading forever. Luckily, there was a flaw in the ogre's attacks because he was in the berserk state.

Jake kicked Misael away and faced an incoming attack directly. He redirected the attack and used the ogre's power to destroy his balance. And then... with a twist of his arm to his mace, the ogre's body flipped upside down, and he fell to the ground on his head.

Of course, Jake couldn't completely redirect all the damage. He suffered from residual damage, making him cough out blood. His internal organs felt like burning, and his vision was blurring. However, Jake forced himself to stay conscious.

"Is it ready?" Jake shouted with all his might.

Suddenly, three layers of magic circles appeared in the air. Finally, Marilyn's spells were ready.

Above the magic circles, Warren looked down on the battlefield while floating. He started to descend through the magic circles while increasing his virtual weight.

Each of the magic circles boosted someone's ability. In Warren's case, it further increased his virtual weight.

The ogre saw Warren and felt threatened. He wanted to wake up, but Anastasia and Brian launched their spells to hold him down. Even so, the ogre was in berserk and aura activation mode, so it could resist the freeze and shock effects immediately.

The ogre was halfway in the pose of standing up. However, Jake already calculated this, so he had been standing near the ogre's leg.

Jake simply swiped his foot and the ogre tripped down again. He could do it because the ogre's position was leaning toward the ground.

With that, Warren successfully landed on the ogre's chest and turned his body into gore and blood.

[The boss of the gate is killed! Activating the gate destruction. The gate will implode in one minute. 60. 59. 58. 57. 56....]

Everyone panicked when they saw the large status window that suddenly appeared in the air. They approached Jake and asked him the way to leave the gate.

Jake did know the way, but he had forced himself beyond the limit, so he didn't have the power to reply to them. His body staggered, and he fell to the ground. His vision blackened, and the last thing he saw was the implosion of the gate.

4