REFLECTION PART 1
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hound, Did you say the organization was leaked?”

 

“Yes sir.”

 

The person behind the phone gave out a sigh.

 

“Hound, for now, try to be more careful. If possible try to figure out who is the mastermind.”

 

“This is one tough job you have given me Handler”

 

“You are known as the ace of Hound, are you saying it is too hard?”

 

“You are just saying that to make me do more work.”

 

“Whatever it is, your captain is also finding you to do some investigation at a hotel.”

 

“Seriously, you guys really work me to the bone.”

 

The Handler hearing this was triggered by his carefree attitude. She fires back.

 

“Ooh, I’m sorry for a Hound who actually gets paid the highest in the police department.”

 

Before Aiden could answer back the handler hung up the phone.

 

[Damn what a slave driver.]

 

While all this was happening Brenner was smiling in his office. The First act for his goal has finally started to move forward. Suddenly his vision was covered, he could feel the softness and warmth covering his eyes.

 

“Brenner, why are you suddenly smiling?”

 

“I just received good news.”

 

“It must be really something, seeing that you smile.”

 

Brenner agreed and moved Jessica's hand away so that he could focus on his current work. Jessica pouted wondering what has made Brenner so happy. She tried to annoy Brenner to get some hints, but sadly Brenner had tight lips making Jessica's effort worthless.

 

“Fine, if you do not want to tell me. But let’s go out this weekend for this art event.”

Brenner looks at Jessica in Confusion.  He thought to himself, did she just say she wanted to go to an art event?

 

“ Who are you? Are you the Jessica I know?”

 

Vein pops out from Jessica's temple, she immediately pinches Brenner's ears.

 

“Ouch, ouch. Yep, this is the Jessica that i know of.”

 

“Is it that weird of me to enjoy art?”

 

“No no, I just thought you never liked art.”

 

“HMPH, whatever, anyway I book a hotel for us to stay at when the art event is happening.’ 

 

“You never even hear me say yes.”

 

“Brenner, you would never leave me alone to attend the art event  right?” Jessica looks at Brenner with puppy eyes.

 

“Fine… whatever makes you happy.” Brenner turns away to hide his own bashfulness.

 

“SNAP”

 

Jessica took a photo of Brenner's resting face in the taxi. 

 

“Sir, ma'am we have reached your destination.’

 

Jessica shoved Brenner to wake him up. Brenner slowly opened his eyes and took a moment to absorb as much information as possible with his cold dead eyes. Jessica nudges Brenner once more to stop his rude behaviour

 

“Sorry sir, my friend is in a grumpy mood, since he just woke up.”

 

Jessica just gave up making Brenner pay the taxi driver and pay for the fee first. She dragged Brenner out of the taxi to book into their hotel room. 

 

Both Jessica was awe-inspired by the decoration of the hotel, even tho she was the one that book the hotel for both of them to stay, she did not expect the hotel to look too luxurious. Every corner in the lobby was filled with art decorations, that will make any art lover drool over.

 

“Come on Jessica, we need to put our luggage in our room now.”

 

“One moment, let me just take one more picture of this masterpiece.”

Knowing Jessica's pattern when come to art.  Brenner decides that is best to go to the Hotel room first to make himself at home. On the way to his hotel room, he saw a familiar face, He Smile turn twisted. Brenner knew that he if was here, that meant something fucked up is about to happen and the person will be in the eye of the storm. He slowly walked into the long corridor that was colour black and royal gold, as he walk past the person he drop his room key on the floor. 

 

Catching the eye of Aiden, he picked it up and pass it to Brenner.

 

“Sir you drop your card.”

 

Aiden was silent as he saw Brenner, he look at him without blinking trying to recall where he met him before.

 

“Thank you, Are you, Detective Aiden??” Brenner question.

 

Aiden was stunned for a bit and just nodded to Brenner's question. Aiden was still unable to remember who the person he was talking to was.  Aiden put on a mask trying to figure out who Brenner is.

 

“My bad detective, I was someone you save.”

 

“Oh, sorry it not ringing a bell.’

 

“The Psychiatrist from the Mental Hospital.”

 

“Ooh, that was you. Do you need anything?”

 

“Not really just want to say my thanks, also before you leave here is my card.”

 

“Thank you, sorry would love to continue to talk to you but I have something on.”

 

“Got it have a nice day Dectective,”

 

Aiden continue on to His hotel room and decided to call his handler.

 

‘ Handler, you sure the killer is here?’

 

“I’m positive that you’re culprit is here. He just has not made a move yet.”

 

Aiden just sigh, he was going crazy as he was posted here but the culprit decided to lay low making it hard for him to do anything. Especially with the ongoing crowd that is coming in and exiting the hotel making it very hard to track.

 

“Also Handler, someone knows my Alias.”

 

“What!! Is he suspicious?”

 

“From what I have observed, he is over friendly, either he could be someone that trying to get me on their side or out of gratitude since I save him before. For now, I will just be cautious of this person.”

 

“Ok keep on with the report, I will update you on who has been staying in this hotel from the first murder till now.”

 

Before Aiden could answer his handler a female scream could be heard outside the corridor.

 

Aiden and Brenner rush out of their respective room to see the commotion they saw a cleaner on the floor shouting gibberish as she fall on the floor. Brenner was surprised to see Jessica running towards the cleaner, the moment she reached the cleaner she hugged the cleaner to comfort her. Sher turn the cleaner so she would stop facing whatever she was looking at.

 

“CLOSE YOUR EYE.!!” Brenner shouted

 

0