REFLECTION PART 2
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before Jessica even have the chance to look at what was inside the room, Brenner use his hand and cover her eyes shielding the horror that she might see.

 

The room was in a mess, Blood was splattered everywhere. Organs were arranged from smallest to biggest in front of the dead corpse. The biggest thing that stands out was someone used the victim's blood and wrote on the wall “appetizer”

 

Aiden pulled out his identification card and closed the room off, so nobody could enter. He called Captain Vic for backup.

 

After sending everyone on the crime scene away and under supervision, Aiden just walk around the crime scene. The only thing he knew was the murderer was someone that handle bodies before and it was the culprit he was after.

 

“Detective Aiden, the CCTV did not show anyone entering the room after the victim enter.”

 

Aiden was not surprised by the report from the investigation team. If it was so easy the head of the police department and my handler would not dispatch me to investigate.

 

He went to check the window, he felt suspicious as the window was too clean, there was no blood stain or anything of that sort. He tried to look out of the window to find any more clues. 

 

He smiles as even tho the window was clean and the wall outside the building was clean there was a sign that a rope was used to get into the room.

 

He told Captain Vic to look after the place for a while as he went back to his room. 

 

“Handler could you get me the file of everyone that lives directly above room 1618.”

 

“Stupid hound, giving more work to do. Why can’t you do it in the hotel room.”

 

“You know well this place gets cleaned up regularly. They will mess up and see stuff that is confidential.”

 

“Yea, Yea whatever you say stupid Hound.”

 

Aiden veins popped hearing how lazy his handler is and was about to hang up the call. Before he could press the button he realize that his handler still has not given him the information so he swallow his frustration and waited in annoyance for the handler to send him the information. 

 

“Handler thank you for the information also I am most likely calling the guy that is overly nice for help.”

 

“ Hound you are not to eng……..”

 

 Aiden hangs up the phone with a smirk. Before the handler could even finish what she was saying.

 

The handler desperately called back as this could breach their safety, but all her calls did not go through. Instead, she got a text that told her.

[Do not worry I’m just asking him for help and if need be investigate him on the side to see if he is the person behind all this crazy monster that know about our organization.]

 

Seeing this makes her sigh with relief.

 

“Jessica, did you see anything at the crime scene.”

 

“ No, I’m fine. Brenner, I know you are worried about me but I believe we should tend to the Cleaner first instead of me. “

 

“I know, I will tend to her later but you need to rest first ok.”

 

Jessica pouted and hug a pillow that was closest to her 

 

“Fine, Imma rests now. Wake me up before you go for dinner.”

 

“DING DONG.” 

Brenner went to the door and look through the eyehole while holding a pair of scissors that he found. Brenner saw Aiden outside waiting for him to answer.

 

He open the door for Aiden but not letting him inside the room as Jessica was trying to get some rest.

 

“How may I help you, Detective Aiden.”

 

“That’s quite a cold tone you have there, very different from the first time we met.”

 

“What can I say Detective, today has been a harsh day.”

 

“My condolence, If possible could you help me with something Doctor Brenner?”

 

“Before that, tell me how did you figure out where I was. I do not remember opening this hotel room.”

 

“Well, basic deduction Doctor since this two-room is linked and your room is just beside I assume you are here to comfort your friend.”

 

“Guess that's a fair explanation, hard to trust anybody this day. So what do you need detective?”

 

“I need your help to solve this case.”

 

“ Detective, you are overestimating me too much I’m just a psychiatrist.”

 

“Doctor Brenner I ran some research and you have a record for being one of the best Criminology out there”

 

“Fine, If this will help in solving the case at a faster rate I do not mind. But under one condition.”

 

“I would need to see what is the condition.”

 

[I need to make sure he cooperates with me. Any means necessary.]

 

“Provide one female Guard to my friend Jessica.”

 

Aiden was shocked by Brenner's request, he expected something that is harder to accomplish.

 

“I understand, I will tell someone to look after your friend.”

 

“So, can you follow me to do some investigation now? Since we are rushing for time.”

 

Brenner shrugged his head and refuse to leave the room.

“Come on what do you want now?”

 

“Let’s wait until the guard comes, Jessica's life is more important than other people's life.”

 

[Wow, he is cold and heartless when it comes to other people. But when It comes to his friend he would sacrifice the world for them. Brenner is definitely a monster in human skin.]

 

Once a female guard finally came. Both Brenner and Aiden when back to room 1618. Aiden bring Brenner there not for clues but for his input on why the culprit did his murder in this fashion so that he could narrow down on the suspect.

 

“Detective, the murder seems to love art.”

 

“Doctor Brenner, why do you say that? It just looks like some random killing for fun.”

 

Brenner start to list some stuff that look normal at the crime scene from the way the blood splatter across the room and how the big word appetizer that was labeled on the wall.

 

“Even though the blood splatter looks the same it was done intentionally, in fact, he did it to make the room more interesting like he was following the golden ratio. The main subject is the victim's body and that will attract the most attention. He labels the name as an appetizer showing there is an underlying message to it.” 

 

“Doctor Brenner, could you decipher what’s the underlying message?’

 

Brenner shrugged his head as there was too little to go off on.

 

“ In that case what kind of people do you expect, the culprit to be?”

 

Brenner put his and covered his mouth looking around the to pieces all the information he have got on hand so far.

 

“If I was to guess, it’s most likely an artist.”

 

0