REFLECTION PART 3
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aiden agreed with Brenner's conclusion. Aiden already deduced to a certain extent what kind of person it was, but he is currently acting to test Brenner. The only thing that shock Aiden was that Brenner told him that the killer was an artist was an artist instead of a chef.

 

“Is it possible for you to explain why you think is an artist, Doctor Brenner?”

 

Brenner Briefly explains to Aiden the way the culprit was murdered was too detailed. Only artists that care for their work will care for such small detail no matter what kind of artist they are. To fully support his answer, Brenner move around to see something but could not see anything in the room. He went out to get another perspective to only find a perfect spiral that look like the golden ratio which was created by the blood of the victim. 

 

Aiden seeing that Brenner was standing outside the door follow suit and found the same view as Brenner.  He was surprised, Brenner's theory was right. A growl could be heard coming from Aiden.

“My bad. I’ve been on this case for a while, Doctor Brenner do you want something to eat while we talk on this case.”

 

“In that case let me call Jessica to meet us for dinner.”

 

“Oh, I forgot to tell you. The person that was guarding Jessica, messaged me that Jessica is currently having dinner.”

 

“Let’s just go for dinner, also help me ask the guard where they are eating.”

 

Aiden and Brenner sat at a family dinner across from Jessica and the guard. Without alerting them they were nearby to not interrupt them with a heavy topic while having some semblance of secrecy. While they were discussing the topic at hand, both noticed how a group of people covered in paint from the fingertip to their clothes sat close to Jessica and the guard.

 

Both Brenner and Aiden gave their undivided attention to the group of painters while hiding their gaze so that the group of painters does not notice that they were staring at them. 

 

“Doctor Brenner any of them stand out to you?”

 

“There are 2 of them that do not sit right with me.”

 

Aiden also felt like there are 2 people that did not fit in.

 

“May I ask which 2 does not sit right with you Doctor Brenner?”

 

“If I were to say, It would be the main star of the art even that is talking to Jessica and the guards. The other is the guy with blond hair and emerald eyes. He looks very out of place. Not saying he does not belong there but i most likely will be careful of him.”

 

“I agree with you but to me, I feel more like they are monsters hiding in human skin.”

 

Brenner's face show a face of shock but in his own mind, he did not find it surprising that Aiden said it in this manner.

 

“Detective Aiden, I think is a bit rude to call people monsters just because they behave differently or if we find them out of place.”

Aiden went to correct Brenner saying that. He did not call them monsters as they could be the culprit in the murder. But instead, he calls them monsters as they look like they have a heavy obsession with something that they are willing to sacrifice anything they have to achieve it.

 

While Brenner and Aiden were still discussing the topic, Jessica was getting excited as she saw the main guest star Bryan Hopkins for the art event seating near her table. She pulled out her phone and went to Bryan to ask for a photo.

 

“You want a photo? Sure Just do me a solid and not post it until we’re done eating.”

 

After Jessica was done talking with Bryan she went back to her seat, although she brought back Bryan's assistant unwillingly.

 

“Jessica? Who have you brought back?” The guard asks.

 

“So the guest star kind of did not trust me, so he send one of his art assistants to make sure I do not post anything on social media.”

 

The Guard just kept quiet and did not bother extending the conversation.

 

“By the way Mr assistant, what do you go by?” Jessica asks while tilting her head.

 

“People call me Dan.”

 

“May I know what you do?”

 

“How do I’m just an art assistant? While Bryan takes care of the big picture since it’s a large project I do the smaller part that is less important.”

 

Jessica was astonished by Dan as from her point of view he look like he is still in college

 

“By the way here is my number, if ever need someone to talk about your problem.”

 

Dan was confused but he still accepts the offer. The guard seemed confused but she did not ask until they left the diner before asking Jessica why she had given that kid her number

 

Jessica smiled at the guard and told her that when someone as young as the assistant gets to meet someone as famous as Bryan and work under him, they tend to buckle under pressure and end up killing themselves in the worst-case scenario. I became a Psychiatrist to prevent people like those from harming themselves.

 

 “Doctor Brenner, It’s look like your friend decide to keep in contact with one of those monster.”

 

Brenner sigh out in disappointment

 

“There is nothing I can do. That’s how she is, she cares too much about other people. You can say she is attracted to people like that since she was young.”

 

Aiden laughed at Brenner before ending the conversation he gave a warning to Brenner.

 

“People that spent too much time with monsters, will end up becoming a monster themselves.”

 

Hearing what Aiden says Brenner smiles in a warm manner thinking of Jessica. 

 

“There is no need to worry about her, she will not be a monster herself.”

 

With that, Brenner left the diner to catch up with Jessica and left his phone number with Aiden if he ever needs to contact him.

 

“Handler, I have good news and bad news.”

0