6 ✦ Player System
4.1k 12 142
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Returning from my memory, I stare at the notifications again and realize.

“...That guy. He died huh.”

“Thank you for everything. …Kuuya Fukusei. I will live my next life to the fullest as Serval. Serval Eckhart.”

What a pretentious name, Number 1. No, Serval Eckhart.

He was the only one who wanted to go to a fantasy world. Serval wasn’t specific about it, but I knew what he wanted. 

 After all, he was me.

The me who, despite using up most of time to train in martial arts, was still a closet geek and finished all the novels in my room. He did have a phase because of that.

Your clone in another world has died! 

Still. Is this what it feels like to have a child pass away before you?

At the very least, did you get to enjoy your new life? I guess I’ll never know.

I’m too sentimental over this.

 “You big bastard. Why did you die even after becoming that strong. …I guess the fantasy world can’t be conquered with just punches and kicks huh.”

As I looked through the notifications like going through a deceased’s belongings, I caught sight of a familiar term.

You have obtained the Player System!

Another… System?

Tower System… Player System.

Could it be that each world operates on a different one?

 

Player System has been activated.

Opening status window.

Kuuya Fukusei — LV 450 Class: None
Strength — 4  
Dexterity — 2  
Intelligence — 3  
Luck — 7  

Unassigned SP — 2245

Am I… possessing all of these?

I recalled something about the cloning ability from before.

Whatever the clone had, would be returned to me when they disappeared.

The accumulated muscles and knowledge wouldn’t be transferred, but the Player System…

Did the ability classify everything within another system as something to be ‘reclaimed’?

Everything looks just like a game. Some details were different, but I couldn’t be more familiar with this setting.

…I can assign 2245 stat points.

Experience accumulated has been tallied. You have gained 164,884,330 EXP.

You have leveled up!

You have obtained stat points!

Guess it came from here. God. What kind of monster did you become, Serval. I entertained the idea of raising my parameters with a stat point, but… something weird might happen if I did. I’ll probably stand out in a bad way if I end up increasing my strength and was unable to control it. Let’s leave this alone for now.

Skills accumulated have been tallied. You have 89 skills.

Due to world incompatibility, 89 skills have been reverted into unused skill points.

Skill points. Huh. 

As if on cue, a wide screen appeared before me.

The center of the screen was a single circle.

No Class

I guess I can’t learn anything for now without a class.

So it’s like being a mage or something, huh. How do you even advance into a class.

World incompatibility… maybe it’s that trope. Earth doesn’t have mana, so I can’t advance at all.

…What a waste if that’s true..

I continued scrolling through the notifications.

ltems accumulated have been tallied. You have 878 unique items.

You are recommended to learn『Item Box 』to access your items.

Oh. Item Box. That’s a classic.

“... …How do I learn it.”

Could it be voice-activated?

“Learn『Item Box 』!”

 

Piiin— Two chimes went off in my head.

You have consumed 1 skill point.

You have learnt『Item Box

 

Well that’s easy. 

I opened up the screen with the skills again and noticed thatNo Classhad stretched and connected to another node. The node was lit up, and a skill icon appeared beside the words『Item Box 』.

It wasn’t there at first. …Or was it?

I noticed now, that there were several other nodes that were slightly translucent. Perhaps the low visibility was why I missed it the first time.

“I see, so that’s how that works.”

Even without a class, there were some essentials that you could learn. Entering the mindset of a player, I began to use up the skill points on the nodes that seemed useful.

 

You have consumed 1 skill point.

You have learnt『Status Check

You have consumed 1 skill point.

You have learnt『Clean

You have consumed 1 skill point.

You have learnt『Sense Item

You have consumed 1 skill point.

You have learnt『Map

 

My peripherals changed drastically after learning these skills.

For one, it seemed like I could visualize a top-down map of my surroundings now at any time. 

Another was the fact that objects could now be identified and broken down into data. 

 

Table

Durability 66/80

A table made of quartz.

It wasn’t Wikipedia-level specific, but perhaps it could come in handy somehow like knowing trivia during a date.

…Yeah, this ain’t it.

But『Status Check』was pretty good.

When I looked out my window and scanned an old man passing by, his status showed up. It wasn’t as detailed as my status window, but it was still a skill that gave insight on its targets.

Old Man — LV 1 Class: None
Strength — 0  
Dexterity — 0  
Intelligence — 4  
Luck — 2  

I guess the name was a no-go.

I looked at the last few notifications.

Karma accumulated has been transferred to Kuuya Fukusei.

Current moral alignment is Heroic.

Karma. I guess Serval lived his life as someone akin to a hero for him to rack up such good karma. I didn’t feel any changes after inheriting it, so I left it there.

 

And then, there was that familiar prompt.

You have freed up a slot for『Cloning

Would you like to use『Cloning 』again?

 

Cloning. I thought it’d disappeared for good.

The voice of the Tower System didn’t speak to me either.

So why did I regain this ability?

I put my hands over my eyes and I leaned back against my bed, collecting my thoughts.

The image of the black suits flashed by.

“...Not for now.”

I guess that’s it.

Oh wait, before that. Let’s try this skill once. 

“Kids! Dinner’s ready!”

“Coming!”

I entertained the idea that the other clones might also pass away and leave me with their belongings. But just by assimilating the information from the Player System was surreal enough.

For now, let’s take it one step at a time.

I left my room at the same time as my neighbor. 

Mei glanced at me, and winced her eyes.

“You didn’t take a shower? Didn’t hear the shower running next door. But you’re… *sniff sniff*. Why do you smell so nice? Urk… why’re you staring at me so intensely… I say something weird?”

“...I guess names have to be known.”

“What?”

“...No, nothing. Let’s go down. Aah-aah, I’m famished.”

“...Weirdo. You sure you didn’t spray something?”

“You sure you’re not the weirdo here? You sound like a pervert.”

“The hell you say, little bro? You wanna catch these hands?”

“Tch, you’re just one year older than me. O-Okay, I was joking please don’t.”

Mei Fukusei — LV 1 Class: None
Strength — 14  
Dexterity — 2  
Intelligence — 4  
Luck — 1  

 

142