8 ✦ Item Box (2/2)
3.8k 10 138
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

F013lu8.png〔Doors are opening. Please watch your step〕

Kuuya taps his card to pay for the trip, and alights. 

The sky was already dark. Yet with familiar steps, he walked for a few minutes before finally arriving at a small bridge. As it was a place far from any residential districts, silence permeated the area. No, it was more accurate to say that it used to be a residential district here. But the piles of debris lying here and there was enough to piece together what’d happened here. The country was still recovering.

Kuuya hops over a railing and slides down to the underpass. After walking for a bit longer, he finds a building completely collapsed over. Disregarding the state it was in, the boy climbs up to a glass door that looks like the entrance, enters and shuts the door after him.

Leaving the flashlight he’d brought on top of a locker, the boy locates the light switches and flips one up. Whirring sounds could be heard before a light overhead flickers weakly, as if saying that it had reached its end of expiry. Still for now, the lights were just enough to reveal the interior.

“Who’d imagine this used to be a sports complex.” His voice reverberated across the open court.

Now that he was sure of his privacy, Kuuya began to relax a little.

It was time to scratch his curiosity.

His hand stretched forward, and disappeared. Yet he was not fazed.

The only thought in his head was a single item. With his hand phased into nothingness, he concentrated a little more.

RetrieveExcaliburfrom inventory.

A moment of suspense filled the air, and soon he felt something in his hand.

A firm handle.

He pulls.

Along with his arm back in one piece, something else came out of that ‘nothingness’.

“...You actually were a hero, huh.”

Excalibur

Durability ∞

The strongest Holy Sword in Parvula.

A work of art, trimmed with gold down from the crossguard to its pommel. The blade itself was inscribed with runic characters, faintly glowing in a heavenly shimmer.

“Am I really allowed to hold this? Why is it so light.”

Don’t holy swords choose their wielders? And here I was even prepared for a strength requirement.

“Well let’s do a few practice swi…” A light wave of the sword had created a large split on the wall, making Kuuya lose his grip on Excalibur in shock. 

Following gravity, the holy sword falls and stabs itself onto the ground. The flooring cracks loudly, as if it’d been blasted by a cannon, causing tremors on the ground.

“...What was this weapon used on?!”

And that wasn’t the end of what he wanted to check.

Within the Item Box, were 878 items.

Assuming the border around each item block determined the rarity like in games, there were 13 more of these gold-level items. There were purple ones, blues, greens and lastly the grays which hogged most of the inventory count.

 

RetrieveGolden Aegisfrom inventory.

Out came a shield that Excalibur couldn’t scratch.

RetrievePerfect Sanctuaryfrom inventory.

This one’s a full set of armor gilded in gold. It looks expensive, and it looks like it was made in a similar material as the shield.

RetrievePoint Catastrophefrom inventory.

This one’s a golden lance.

RetrieveGod Eyefrom inventory.

A golden bow.

RetrieveAbsolute Judgementfrom inventory.

A…

 

Kuuya wipes off his sweat, and squints his eyes in pain.

He’s had enough of golden weapons.

Down to the purple items, Kuuya picks one of interest.

“Huh… What’s this?”

RetrieveSoul Contractfrom inventory.

As he peels his hand out of the item box, out came an old parchment.

The smell of really old paper.

On it was a ton of characters he could not understand.

But at the end was a name written in Japanese.

«Serval Eckhart»

On the right side of this parchment must be another name.

It was in a foreign language, so it was impossible to read who it was. But from how it was written, it seemed to be penned down with flair. As he recalls the setting of the world Serval was put in, Kuuya imagines a mature-looking woman putting her name down with a fountain pen.

“...Still, a soul contract. That sounds quite kinky.”

Wonder why the guy keeps something like this around…

“No use thinking about weird stuff. There’s more stuff to look through.”

Kuuya laughs to himself, as he reaches deeper into the Item Box.

138