Chapter #5 – Surprise?
594 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Sorry for the delay guys, I get a headache in this days, but now that seem to get better, so here is the chapter

Chapter #5

(First person~)

 

When I got out of the Spaceship, I discovered that the landing site, a small airport in a city called Tono, was completely empty; walking carefully, I headed towards one of the terminals in order to check the cause of evacuation of the city, but every terminal that I found, was completely damaged or fried due to some problem with the power; so I had no choice but to go to an official security station, because in these, they always had some kind of backup for emergency situations like these.

Looking at the sky, I realized that it was getting dark, I checked my visor, to set the local time, which gave me 17:36pm(5:36pm), which gave me a little more confidence to act, considering that my invisibility module that I had installed in the symbiotic suit worked better in the current conditions.

After activating the invisibility, which would last between 6-8 hours if there were no surprises, I headed towards an advertisement on the city map and scanned it with the visor, leaving Nao to optimize it and adapt the route to the nearest official station, which, according to Nao, was about half an hour away from my current location.

Heading towards the location, I decided to pass through the alleys, to avoid unwanted attention if there was anyone in town.

Halfway through the route, I suddenly noticed some noises in a certain two-story building with four windows on each floor.

- Nao, scan the building and use infrared vision, then optimize the scope for X-Ray and ready some Luminus grenades - I said while paying attention to the noises in the building.

- Okay Miss - Nao said while a small floating object came out of my backpack and performed the commands I had given.

As I approached carefully, the scan gave its results:

1 man in the living room, with an antimatter rifle.

2 men in the backyard with 2 firearms

1 woman in the bathroom, with a long sword

3 people on the second floor, 1 man outside the room, with a level II energy submachine gun and two inside, a woman with a level III sniper rifle and a level II nano hardened fiber knife and a girl... Civilian?

[Considering the little information at hand, I shouldn't get into trouble or other people's business, so I should just leave...]

I was about to leave and avoid a possible disaster, but at that moment....

- Miss, the girl on the second floor has traces of ambrosia skills, as well as according to the calculation of the viewer database, she has an 80% resemblance to you - Nao said while presenting me with the image collected by the little circular device.

- ... Wait... Are you telling me that this girl has something to do with me, Nao, confirm again and play the scene live - I said while I was full of surprise and made calculations of what might have happened.

- Okay Miss - Nao said while replaying what happened in the room on the second floor.

----------------------------------

Connecting....

Successful connection.... Playing

----------------------------------------

 

- Okay, we've been doing this all damn afternoon, and I'm running out of patience, now tell me, where are those two bitches? - ¿??

- I don't know... They didn't tell me anything... I don't know..." said the girl while she was shaking slightly.

- Look, you should know that if I get tired of asking you and you stop being useful to me, the guys outside will come and use you as a toilet in the middle of a pandemic, so I advise you to cooperate -?

- But... Actually, I don't know anything... They just left... they said they would go and wait for someone, but they didn't say anything else, please, let me go..." said the girl while she kept teary eyes and looked at her threatening.

- Haaa..., look girl, I will give you 30 minutes, during these 30 minutes think about what they told you, any information to lead us to them, it is your last chance, if I don't get a proper answer, I can only say that you will have bad luck -?

- ... - The girl looked at the door and watched it close as she huddled on the bed as a sign of protection.

----------------------------------

- Nao, follow them and gather as much information as you can from their conversations, and activate the X-ray viewer again. - I ordered as I attached a suppressor, I had created with remaining materials to the dark matter gun and switch its power mode to minimum.

[Well Artemis, it's time to move the bones, let's take care as fast and quiet as possible of each one of these idiots, I can't leave hidden dangers while the girl is here, after that we'll solve the girl's situation...haa...back to the old job, I'm a little rusty...] I said to myself as I slipped in through the left side of the house.

As I approached the window overlooking the living room, I let a small ant-sized robot detect the situation, just as before the man with the anti-matter rifle was lying sleeping on the couch, you can tell he's from a non-human race, which I wasn't expecting, but still no big deal, later I can see these things.

Carefully, I slightly raised the window, aiming at the man's head with the holographic sight....

[3]

[2]

[1]

FIU-

The black energy bullet hit the man's hundred, who jerked for a moment and then lay down a little more due to the previous spasms, a little blood was coming out of his hundred, but thanks to the camouflage of the night and that the building was dark, no one would notice this unless they approached.

After killing him, I entered through the window very carefully and quickly, picked up the antimatter rifle in my space and headed for the bathroom, while asking Nao to keep an eye on the dead man's other companions.

As I arrived, I noticed a noise in the bathroom... I noticed that the door was not closed all the way and saw that the woman with the sword was... relieving herself... the kind that needs not toilet paper but bathroom towels....

While she was in her legs and hands exercise, she didn't notice my presence, so I gently raised the pistol and aimed it

FIU-

Another one down, four to go, so I headed towards the courtyard when suddenly I heard footsteps in the living room where the man was dead, so I hid in the room next to the living room watching the woman who was with the girl before come down and look at the man's body, but due to the night or luck, she didn't notice he was dead and headed towards the kitchen.

Looking at her, my plan changed to following her and seizing the moment.

- Nao, scan it and determine if there is any form of field on it or a safety of some kind - I said telepathically while changing my weapon for my katana, since it was possible to be discovered and I had to be more careful with the "bosses".

- Miss, the scan determined that the person is wearing a small inactive shield in the form of a pendant around his neck, according to his energy, he can resist level II weapons - Nao informed while I sneaked up behind his back.

[Well, only one chance, if I fuck it up it will alert the others and be more problematic.]

I took a short and silent breath, my body tensed and in the next instant, I grabbed her hair and cut her neck with the katana, without giving her a chance to react, and then I held her body so that she would not make any noise.

After a few seconds, the woman stopped struggling and her body collapsed in my arms, and then I left her in a hidden place in the kitchen, since time was running out and the others would find out that something was wrong in a short time...

I headed towards the courtyard where the two men were, only to discover that they were drunk... I must say that they honor their title as mercenaries, since on their sleeves there was an insignia with two crossed weapons, an interplanetary recognized symbol of mercenaries.

I easily killed them, I practically expected a little more trouble, but not two idiots that would make things easier for me... well let's go to the last one, because I can not get through the corridor, as it is guarded by him, I must enter through a side room, which turned a corner of the corridor, which prevented that, if I failed, at least I could not pay attention to the girl and I could kill him calmly.

With that in mind, I climbed through a water pipe, then carefully walked across the roof, keeping in mind where the rafters were, and finally entered the side room through the window.

Once inside the room, I took out my gun again and carefully opened the door, and walked calmly to the corner where thanks to Nao's camera, I could see that the man was half asleep, I guess another idiot mercenary...

Without any suspense, I quickly aimed at the mercenary, who was a bit erratic because of my sudden intrusion, and when he was about to raise his gun....

FIU-

[And that's the end of the show, now, I need answers from this situation!]

After thinking for a moment, I made my way to the room where the little girl was and prepared to open it.

22