Chapter #8 – Silent kill
393 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

(Author's Note: Due to some inconvenience in the novel's understanding of who is who when there is some dialogue or thought, before starting a dialogue or thought, names will be put before them, so that those who don't understand very well, can identify who is speaking, for example:

(Artemis) - Yes, of course I like Iris -

(Iris) - I also like sister Artemis -

If you still can't understand like this... sorry, I'm a complete newbie at this and it may be my fault if it's not understood, I'll understand if who stop reading, without further ado let's begin).

Chapter #8

While Iana was having a fit of madness, Artemis and Iris were preparing to break in and finish off the enemy.

-----------

(First Person- Artemis~)

Carrying Iris on my back, I activated the invisibility function on both of us, while holding the dark matter pistol in my left hand and the katana in my right, while carefully walking as discreetly as possible in the enemy camp, as I approached the first targets on the mini map of the scope.

A woman with a scar on her face and a mass-produced assault submachine gun.

A half-drunk man, with a machete and a magnum pistol, dozing off to the side.

Lastly, a tall, muscular girl with a level II energy assault rifle, who was making rounds on the perimeter.

It is the common mercenary patrol, I don't know how they planned this or how they coordinated this attack and were so successful with this bunch of deluded people, they can't adapt new ways?

(Artemis) [I remember several years after I started wandering in the universe, many times I would recruit these guys to collect samples and exotic materials from various planets, but these guys would barely come up with 5 out of 10 unbroken or undamaged samples... they gave me a headache and more at the time of payment, if not for the fact that at that time I had neither time nor resources to develop my own technology...].

While remembering some suffocating things, I climbed a tree 300 meters away from the meeting point of the three people.

When I reached a covered branch, I took out the anti-matter rifle, which I had taken from the mercenaries in the house, and then put a silencer on it, as I did not want to alert the others and then alter the situation...

I stayed in this position for 10 minutes, calculating the action pattern of each of them.

Then, I decided to act.

First, I slowly turned my sights towards the muscular girl, who was passing through a place surrounded by trees, which created total darkness at that point of the road, fortunately the scope has night vision function so it is not a problem.

As the target approached the point of action, I put my finger on the trigger, to in an instant-.

FIU~

The instant the bullet pierced the muscular girl's head, it dawned on me that the team could make enough noise to alert the other two, but looking at them, they were apparently too used to the "noises of nature" that they didn't move or care....

(Artemis) [Useless bunch, I wonder if the seventh daughter also betrayed me... that girl is a real ace in the field, an excellent mercenary... it seems that all these years the only thing that was not in vain is the experience I gained in all fields, although fighting face to face is not my thing].

After making sure nothing upset them, I aimed the rifle at the woman with the scar on her face.

FIU~

(Half-drunk man) -WHAT THE H-?! -

FIU~

Without being able to finish his sentence, another bullet pierced his skull, while his body writhed for a while before it stopped moving.

Seeing that the target had been met, I sneaked up on each one, then collected the spoils of war, to finally use a certain corrosive liquid and wipe their bodies out of existence.

(Artemis) - Iris, are you okay? - I asked the small ball of fur on my back tightly.

(Iris) - Hmmm~ big sister I'm fine, iris is obedient and won't bother sister - Iris spoke while keeping her eyes closed and Nao distracted her with videos or stories and isolated her attention from the outside.

(Artemis) - Okay, remember to tell your big sister if something bothers you, big sister will always be attentive - I said softly as I climbed the makeshift fence carefully, making sure there was no surveillance with the visor scanner.

(Iris) - Yes! - said the little girl happily.

After talking to Iris, I visualized the visor map again, on the left and right side of the map were five camps on each side, while in the center was an energy drill, which was used on a door that was in a cave in the mountain.

(Artemis) [I guess this is where those girls are... if I'm right, they didn't use bombs because they will want to capture them alive, I must solve this quickly, my instinct tells me that something bad can happen if I delay it for more than a week at least...]

While I was thinking for a while, I took out a dagger from my storage, since in this situation I could not use other weapons without alerting the others.

(Artemis: I'm not Fisher after all)

(Author: Hey, don't get out of context, go back to your job, that's why I hired you!)

(Artemis: Tsk, I don't even get paid and you still have the nerve to say something!)

(Author: Believe it or not I will take Iris with me!)

(Artemis: Don't even think about it, I'll work, so leave my little cutie here! [Just wait until I have enough power to...])

(Author: ...I'm the author remember, I know what you think, I better nerf you...I'm afraid for my safety.)

(Artemis: ... I'd better get back to the story...)

(Author; Good, that's a good Artemis)

(Artemis: ¡&#/%$"#)

Using the same option as above, I took down 3 teams on the left side, then three teams on the right side, before the enemy knew anything was wrong.

After alerting them, I headed to a tree covered area and climbed the highest one I could find, pulled out the anti-matter rifle and started collecting heads....

(Artemis) [This reminds me of my old days, where I was the MVP of all the shooting games, I remember that back then I had a very capable teammate, and I even almost lost that title because of her skill. I wonder what happened to her, one day she didn't come back online and in the end I left it too.... Is she dead, did she forget about me, did she get married, questions that keep me awake at night, before going to sleep...].

During the process, some of them managed to make out where the shot came from, and then fell dead on the ground, others found their corpses, but as soon as they would have the mouth, they would die from the rifle shot, in the end the rest of the teams died quickly while I was a little overwhelmed by the high intensity of concentration that I had to put to not be discovered.

(Artemis) [Although I killed all these Minions, I still didn't see the boss... Could it be that he went to the city? Or the guy found another route... we shouldn't delay, we must get out of this place, it's useless to make hypotheses in a place and time like this, let's take those girls and talk to someone...]

After finishing with those guys, I got down from the tree and headed towards the door, it should be noted that, although this big and magnificent door says, "Enter here", it is only an illusion created by the creator of the bunker, the real entrance is on the opposite side of this barrier, it feels ironic, but it is very clever.

I went around the mountain in less than 3 minutes and stopped in front of a small bush and weeds, the guy who created this, didn't leave a door to be pronounced, he clearly left a complete riddle which I would spend hours solving....

(Artemis) [I'm glad I solved the riddles I found on the Rose world riddles page when I was young, in total it took me 10 years to solve all the myths on that page and I'm glad I didn't publish the results, as I considered it a hobby back then, in the end... the only thing I couldn't solve is who created the page...].

As I ran through the bushes, a door appeared in front of me on the ground, one of those that look like a trapdoor or hatch reinforced with a high-density metal, which you could lift after removing the electronic lock that sealed it, which was a piece of cake for me and Nao.

After getting rid of the lock, I set out to open it...

12