Chapter #10 – The Time Change Everything.
475 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter #10 - The Time Change Everything.

 

(First person-Artemis~)

 

When I came out from a certain part of the mountain, I activated the camouflage device of the suit and cautiously headed to the place of the abnormal activity, I had my katana and the anti-matter rifle on me, I really like using snipers, it feels good to blow heads off from far away.

Due to the lack of light, the stealth ability was impeccable, so it only took me 15 minutes to reach the right place; a small ditch a few meters from where I had killed the mercenaries before entering the mountain.

Carefully, I walked towards the place, and when I was 100 meters away, I decided to use the visor to check the different infrared readings and determine the enemies I had to face, as a backup plan, I asked Nao to mobilize some nano-bots, to deal with any trap possibly set at the entrance.

Moving my body inside the place, I caught in my visor, two heat signatures, one small and one large, so I checked the environment making sure there was no device or mechanism in the environment, then slowly approached and listened behind the door that was within walking distance of both people.

(Artemis) - Nao, Audio and video - I said in my mind to Nao, while I took out the katana and had it ready in case something unexpected happened.

(Nao) - Right away miss! - Nao replied while handling a few nano-bots to pick up what was spoken by both people.

-------------------------------------------------

Linking signal---OK

Capturing image and audio---OK

Playing back---OK

--------------------------------------------------

In the room were 2 people, no need to describe her, practically looking at her facial and body features, she is my clone, but she was wearing a high tech suit which I could see was from one of my ex-wife's industries.

The second person, a tall woman, toned figure, with several muscles standing out on her body in addition to a long dark blue hair and two knives in her side pockets, as well as a customized gun with revolver platform specially designed to add a medium knife to her barrel, for proper use at short and long distance, her suit was not generic but also customized, with materials resistant to high temperatures and cuts, her color was dark blue, with black boots and finally, her gray eyes that did not match her appearance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Third person~)

(Clone?) - Well, can you tell me what happened here, I was supposed to find a team of at least 20 people, and I don't see them - commented the short girl while crossing her arms arrogantly.

(Tall woman) - Well my dear young lady, in the first instance. I just came back from performing a task to your owner, secondly, you should have notified the central command as soon as you noticed the abnormality and lastly you should lower your tone girl, we are in the war field, not your doll house - Spoke the woman while looking calmly at the person in front of her.

The woman knew the background and origin of the girl, it is fair to say that she had an interesting relationship with her owner, but even so she could not make unanimous decisions since in this war she was only a soldier receiving orders.

The girl's face distorted with anger for a moment, but after remembering something, she restrained her arrogance and decided to get to the point.

(Clon?) - You're lucky, Larisa, if it wasn't for the current situation, you wouldn't have such an attitude... Anyway, what happened with those people? - asked the girl while showing a hint of annoyance in her eyes as she treated Larisa.

(Larisa) - I checked the surroundings, all of them are dead, it was a clean kill, expert work, I dare say I am not sure to win that person, so you should report the problem to your "mom" - Said the tall woman; Larisa, to the girl, knowing that she was priority now.

(Clone?) - ... Okay, I'll call her and tell her - Said the girl knowing that looking for problems now would not solve anything.

The clone set about fixing the communication, while the woman looked for something on her communicator.

About 10 minutes later, the clone had the fix complete, so he warned Larisa to take the call together.

Gradually, after turning on the communicator, a 3D image formed, showing an office, with translucent screens being operated by the person standing there. After several seconds, the image appeared completely before the eyes of both people, which highlighted a woman with blue eyes and long hair, with clear dark circles under her eyes due to overwork or maybe something else, but with a still curvy figure in a black office suit.

After a few seconds, the woman looked up at the two people on the video call and asked:

[What's up?]

The girl and Larisa were silent for a while, the pressure given by the person in front of them was immense, so it took them a few seconds to compose themselves.

The first one to speak was Larisa:

(Larisa) - Miss, we have a problem - Larisa said while exuding a serious atmosphere.

[What is the problem?] asked the woman as she stopped doing other work.

When Larisa wanted to answer, another voice was quicker than her:

(---) - The problem Is me~

--------------------------------------

(First person~ Artemis)

Seeing what was happening inside the room, I asked Nao to record everything that happened and save it in the folder called [Traitors V.10.0], I already have ten volumes, so it wouldn't be bad to make a novel or movies about this.

Seeing the person they had communicated with, my heart contracted, even though I knew it, but even in the bottom of my heart, I wanted to believe that there was some factor that would have forced her to do what she did, but... just seeing her answers and her silent adsequence, she couldn't lie to me anymore, and I could only fully accept that she was just using me after achieving fame, as they used to say a long time ago:

"Out of sight, out of mind."

But as a scientist, as a big sister and as a person, I must see both sides of the coin, it is my responsibility and ... my original path, searching for the truth does not allow me to ignore the lies seen.

After a few seconds, I determined myself and entered quietly, just to listen to the prayer of the woman called Lorena.

I asked Nao to release some attack nano-bots and abnormal effects, to avoid battle when discovered. Having everything ready, I slowly approached and said:

(Artemis) - The Problem Is Me~ - I said, in a charming voice, that sent shivers down the spine of anyone who heard me.

The image on the other side froze for a while, and the two people in front of me had not reacted. Seeing these reactions, I was secretly satisfied, it was one of the things I wanted to do and had on my bucket list:

Wish#20 - Amaze others with a surprise entry.

That's it, I'm only 40 wishes away from completing it.

While I was madly thinking of something else, the girl, Larisa and the woman on the screen reacted, the girl pointed a fusion gun at me, the size of a normal pistol, while Larisa pointed her custom gun at me and pulled out a grenade of some kind from her belt.

At that moment I ordered Nao to paralyze both people with my nano-bots, watching them fall to the ground, with a look of surprise and terror at the uncontrolled situation.

While the person on the comm closed all other open screens and directed all attention to me.

No one spoke, we just stared at each other for a few minutes, while we tried to find something, we didn't know what, but we were looking for it.

The first to speak was me:

(Artemis) - Long time no see Iana; no, I must say that for me it's a long time, for you it was a few years, right? ~ - I told her, with a sweet and greasy voice, but with a tinge of madness under it.

(Iana) - Artemis... I... - As I spoke, Iana didn't know what to say, she didn't seem to know how to face the current situation, she didn't know how to act in front of me.

(Artemis) - Iana~ I remember, I told you at the beginning of our relationship, that I don't tolerate traitors, I don't tolerate planning and I don't tolerate replacements, I told you clearly~ - I said while calming my anger about to explode - But even so, I watched you grow, I helped you, I paved the way for you, I supported you in every possible way, and even when I saw your deviations, I mentioned it to you but I also didn't harass you to correct them, because I believed you could overcome it.... But here we are now, you, an important, rich, extravagant, arrogant, treacherous, and manipulative woman....

I stopped for a moment to breathe and articulate my words.

(Artemis) - Tell me Iana; where is my wife, where is the person I fell in love with, where is the person, who made me the promise to live until old age happily, the one who would accompany me during my almost immortal life...? - I asked with a bitter tone.

(Artemis) - You know, we could fix things if it was just between us, I was really hoping~ - But I couldn't hold back my anger and I shouted directly - BUT YOU HAD TO HIT AND CROSS MY BOTTOM LINE!!!, TELL ME, WHY, WHY COULDN'T YOU BE HAPPY WITH WHAT WE HAD, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO THROW IT ALL AWAY JUST FOR AMBITION, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO TOUCH MY SACRED PLACE!!!? -I took a deep breath and took a few seconds to keep talking.

(Artemis) - I don't understand Iana, I don't understand, what happened to you to get you to this point... You know you could wake me up, and tell me everything, there I am, there I was, there I would be, but instead you decided to let yourself be consumed by another thought, I guess it's also influence of your other wives, but it doesn't change the fact that you accepted to become what you are now... - I said and without giving her a chance to speak I finished:

(Artemis) -... You must remember my credo: "Every action has its reaction, every decision its consequence" therefore, since you cloned me for your plans, since you chose to hurt my sacred site, since you chose other things over our relationship... Live with the consequences of your decision! - I finished my speech and turned around to leave that filthy place.

Before leaving, I remembered the two people I had paralyzed and spoke.

(Artemis) - You two, get out of here I don't want to see you on my planet, take everyone who came with you, Iana too, I advise you to do the same, because, just as I paralyzed them, I can kill all the invaders, and even; I can detonate the seeds I left on your planet, Iana, don't think that because you are my wife, I don't hide things, you should already know that after traveling with me for so long, besides I not only have seeds there, but in all the places where we have been, so, Iana, you don't want these worlds to be buried because of your refusals, do you? , Even if you kill me or destroy the planet, those signs will explode if I don't do certain things..." I said in a tone that was becoming macabre little by little.

By the reaction of the faces of the three people, the information I released must have been a huge shock, well, that releases a thousandth of my anger.

After saying that prayer, I headed towards the top of the mountain, I needed to calm down before returning to my sisters and the children....

18