Chapter 1)The goddess doesn’t need a prologue
552 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

// I'm sorry, this chapter should not have been published in Russian. I accidentally sent my draft unedited

Surrounded by her army and the Valkyries, Hela looked upon her father's attempts to imprison her with contempt in the realm of the dead, Helheim.

"Is this your only answer? To send my people and your pathetic Valkyries to rot with me forever in this kingdom?"

A man's voice was heard high in the sky through a cosmic rift. The voice was full of majesty and royal dignity.

"It's your fault for this outcome. Your uncontrollable desire for bloodshed has left me no other choice."

"So come out, coward! Did you lose all your courage after meeting with Mimir and decide to cover up with an army of pathetic weaklings?"

Though she claimed the army was weak, she knew it was far from the truth. After all, the elite legion standing before her was brought up and trained by her, having passed through the nine worlds and decorated them in blood. They had been with her for hundreds of years in the endless war started by her father.

"My daughter, stay in this kingdom and rule as you are destined by right."

"By right, I am destined to rule the nine worlds conquered by me, not this dead world filled with desolation and devastation."

Without another word, he sent a team to attack. The Valkyries rushed into battle without objection or fear, but the legion hesitated. They knew who they were going up against and how it would all end. One of the Kamondirs stepped forward and said,

"Forgive me, my lady, but we are destined to stay in this dead realm with you."

Hela looked at her former commander, Modi, and complicated feelings filled her eyes. She had taken him under her wing when he was young and he had become a magnificent warrior and commander.

"Modi, you know you can't win this battle."

"It's all right, my lady. It's the king's order, and I don't want to live in that kingdom without you. Therefore, I will die and accompany you forever in this dead world."

He blew a small horn, filling the warriors under his command with the fearlessness and fury of berserkers. There had not been a single defeat under his command, but today it would be the only one and the last.

With a battle cry, the warriors charged into battle alongside the Valkyries, prepared to die for their lady and their queen.

Hela accepted the outcome without regrets or words. She invoked her divinity and created her Necrosswords, sending them flying toward the army. The blades cut through the army's shields and other protections with ease.

She picked up her weapons and jumped into battle herself, resulting in a massacre. The Valkyries fought back with their swords and bows, but couldn't withstand the power of the Goddess of Death.

Hela was the strongest warrior, executioner, and killer under the leadership of her father Odin. Her sword skills were unmatched, even by the gods of other pantheons.

Her Necrosswords were imbued with the Divinity of Death and caused wounds that could not be healed, and shields were useless against them.

Hela passed through the gods, and each of her blows reaped the lives of multiple warriors. The archers in the background prepared their volley and the commander shouted "Fire!"

Thousands of divine arrows flew with incredible accuracy, but Hela waved her hand, and a wall of death energy shielded her. She retaliated by turning the wall of death into thousands of arrows that flew back toward the archers.

In a matter of minutes, the strongest army of Asgard was decimated, and only one Valkyrie managed to escape through a cosmic rift.

Hela approached the last survivor, Modi, and asked, "Was it worth it to go against me and sacrifice so many lives?"

Coughing up blood, Modi replied, "Yes, madam, it was worth it because now we can accompany you forever."

Hela beheaded Modi and saw Odin finish his preparations to close the passage to Helheim. She realized that she was trapped until her father's death due to the chains of his life force holding her back.

Despite Odin's knowledge of runes, she knew he could not come up with such an elegant spell, leading her to say, "Even you betrayed me, Mom."

Hela fell to her knees with those words, realizing that even her mother had betrayed her.

Sitting among the bodies of her former colleagues, memories flooded Hela's mind. She remembered the battles they fought together and how she trained them to minimize casualties. Before their last battle, she promised them untold treasures and glory upon their return to Asgard. She even met with Mimir, who warned her of Odin's betrayal and her future actions, leading to his curse of being trapped in a dead tree.

As she walked through her kingdom, she realized that her entire life had been spent training and fighting for the sake of her father's pride. Now, she needed to seek revenge against him, but she couldn't do it alone. She left a few backhands in Midgard for her escape and elevation, but she needed to build an army.

Her solution was to follow the path of the elf who gave part of his power to mortals. She decided to train mortals capable of wooing gods and giving them her divinity without causing harm. It was a risky plan, but Hela knew that she had to find a way to become stronger.

"So be it. I will train mortals and give them my divinity. When they die, I will become stronger," Hela said to herself.

With determination, Hela began her training to test the potential of her plan. She needed to find a way to transfer her power to mortals without causing harm, but also in a way that allowed her to gain strength upon their death. The path ahead was uncertain, but Hela was determined to seek revenge and restore her power.

17