Joke?
525 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took out the [Black Moon Necklace] and showed it to her.

"What do you think of this?" I asked her 

"Is it a magical artifact?" She looked at the necklace as she said. 

"It is a gift from me, what do you think?" I nodded and asked her in my monotone voice.

"It is certainly really beautiful though I am not sure as to why Master would give me this," Grayfia said as she tried to maintain her composure but her face was a bit red.

"I thought it would suit you," I said to her and she looked at me then nodded softly.

"Turn around then I'll help you wear it," I said and she nodded and turned around.

I stood up behind her and she moved her silver hair out of the way and showed me her white nape and I helped her wear the necklace. As I went near her and saw her ears were red.

I moved back after I helped her and looked at her as she turned around.

"W-what do you think Master?" Grayfia said shyly as she placed her hand on the necklace caressing lightly.

"It looks good on you," I said and Grayfia smiled sweetly.

I sat down on the sofa and Grayfia stood beside me with a slight smile on her face.

I appraised the necklace once more.

[Black Moon Necklace]:: Rare drop from Hell Slimes. It can increase various stats if worn at night. It also collects sunlight and converts it into magic power, and constantly restores the wearer's magic power. Contractor: Grayfia Lucifuge.

'So it did change the owner if I give it to someone. That is good as I won't be using everything that I find. Or the items will only rot in my inventory.'

"And Grayfia have you been learning about the technology of this world?" I asked her.

"Yes, Master I started it from the night I was summoned. Even though I haven't been able to learn much it is still enough for me to live here normally." Grayfia said.

"That is good, but don't overwork yourself alright," I said as I picked up my laptop and started using it.

'It is bothersome to use this one should I build a hologram computer.' I thought as worked on the laptop I have.

I was a computer geek when I was a child although I only immersed myself in it to forget about that day but I started to like it the more I studied.

Sigh* 

I sighed heavily.

"Master is everything alright," Grayfia asked me suddenly.

"Hmm, it is alright why are you asking me this?" I looked at her and asked in my usual tone.

"Master, are you missing someone?" Grayfia asked softly.

"Hm, you can say that. How did you know?" I raised my brow and looked back at the laptop.

"…I just felt it. I must've overstepped my boundaries Sorry" She said as she apologized.

"It is Ok, don't mind it," I said without looking at her.

'I was thinking about my family, so this is her emotion-sensing skill.' I thought as I uploaded 5 more chapters and saw some of the responses to the earlier two chapters. The reaction wasn't that crazy at the moment as the story hasn't started properly yet. But there were almost 20,000 views which showed how hungry the market was for a good story. 

The real reaction is going to be tomorrow morning because the plot has moved a lot in the 5 chapters that I uploaded.

I am really tempted to build an A.I and a hologram computer just for my personal use but that will have to wait after I get my bank card and make money from the novel to cover up the real money which I have because it will cost me a lot of money to buy stuff that I will need and I don't want to go around buying stuff with cash.

After 30 minutes I placed my laptop back on the table and leaned back on the sofa.

"Master will there be a chance for me to go back to my old world?" Grayfia suddenly asked.

"Hmm, I am not sure. You can maybe in the future." I said in my flat tone and saw her nod as her mood damped a bit. It was so little that no one else will be able to tell.

"What do you want to do in your world?" I asked her.

"I wanted to visit my parent's grave at least once." She said as sadness reflected in her red eyes.

"Hmm, but I don't want to go to your world," I said.

"Why master?" Grayfia asked as she tilted her head looking confused.

"The fate of your world is rested on a boy who shouts 'boobs' and 'I want to be a Harem king' every 3 minutes. So I'd rather stay away from such a world," I answered in my monotonous voice.

"N-No way right master, please don't joke with me," Grayfia said with a forced smile.

"…" I didn't say anything and looked at her.

"…..Is my world going to alright?" Grayfia said as she looked like she will pass out any second.

"Who knows? Do you have someone there that you care about?" I asked as even though it worked out in the novel there is no guarantee that it will in the real world.

"I do have my brother, and a friend there," Grayfia said in a sad tone as some tears formed in her eyes.

I stood up and looked at her.

"We'll see if we have a chance in the future. But don't expect much." I told her in my flat tone.

"Master you are really bad at consoling people," Grayfia said with a slight smile as she wiped her tears.

"Hmm, you aren't wrong about that; I'll go and take a shower then," I said as I walked out of the room as she nodded and didn't follow me.

...

After Yuuya left to take a shower Grayfia stood in the living room and waited for her master to come back while thinking about his words.

"I shouldn't be tied down to my previous world as I am Master's maid. I'll perform my duty properly and not burden him with my worries." Grayfia muttered as she touched the necklace Yuuya gave her.

'But what happened to Master for him to become like this? There are almost no emotions in his heart.' Grayfia thought as her mood became down.

'It is my duty as a maid to make sure my master is happy. But I don't even know what caused it. Although master smiled a little...' Grayfia's face reddened as she remembered Yuuya's slight smile and she touched her head where he lightly patted her.

She then closed her eyes and stood silently thinking about what happened before playing the scene in her head.

After 10 minutes Yuuya came back to the room and Grayfia looked towards him he was wearing a purple T-shirt with black sweatpants as he wiped his head with a towel, his face which was emotionless as always with empty eyes.

"You didn't go to sleep?" Yuuya asked her in his flat tone.

"I thought that master would be tired so I wanted to give master a massage," Grayfia said as she maintained her composure.

"Hmm, now that you say my body is a little stiff so I would appreciate it," Yuuya said as he moved his shoulder a bit stiffly.

"No need to Master you can ask me for it anytime you want," Grayfia said as she bowed a little.

Yuuya nodded as he finished wiping his face with the towel.

"Master I'll handle that. Please leave it to me," Grayfia said as she looked at the towel Yuuya gave it to her and sat down on the sofa.

Grayfia walked out of the room with the towel in her hands as she walked towards the bathroom to place it in the washing basket.

'N-no I shouldn't,' Grayfia thought as she looked at the wet towel.

'Come on a sniff won't matter right,' A chibi Grayfia with horns and black wings said near the right ear of Grayfia.

"I-It w-won't right," Grayfia muttered.

'Absolutely not, you can't do this,' A chibi Grayfia with angel wings and halo said from the left.

"Y-Yes, I can't this is wrong," Grayfia muttered.

'What is the hesitation you have done it before,' The devil said.

"I-I-I" Grayfia was stuttering.

'That was a mistake don't do this or you will break his trust.' The angel said.

"W-What should I do?" Grayfia was tempted to smell the towel as she moved it closer to her nose.

'What will you do when your master sniffs your towel? Huh.' The angel said as she stumbled on her own words.

"I-I w-will l-lo-"

'NOOOOOOOOO,' the angel screamed.

'HEHEHEHE' the devil laughed.

"Grayfia why are you spacing out," A flat voice sounded behind her.

6