Chapter 30 – Impossible…
56 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"No! You can't cut it off like that!" Emily shouted, annoyed, since she couldn't believe they were taking a commercial break at the best part of the movie.

"This is the last time! Last time I watch a movie with you, you damn traitor!" said Emily as she pointed angrily at her TV.

After that, she turned down the volume on the commercials and started checking her phone.

Going through all the messages that had piled up, Emily began replying to them as if she were a machine until she got to Sheila's chat which...

She hadn't read any of her messages yet.

Had something happened?

She didn't even take this long to reply when she went on trips!

What was she doing?

Had something happened to her?

Curious, she decided to call Sheila even though it was late.

The phone began to ring several times and...

"Hello?"

Excited to see that her call had been answered, Emily noticed something strange when she heard a male voice.

"Hello...?" Emily replied in the same way, since she was confused.

"Who am I speaking to?" asked the guy, and for a moment Emily didn't know what to answer, because...

That's what she was going to ask!

Who is he and why did he answer Sheila's phone!?

Maybe... Was he Sheila's boyfriend?

Checking at the speed of light, Emily made sure she hadn't dialed the wrong number, but no, this was Sheila's number.

"I'm... Emily," she answered somewhat nervously.

"Emily? Well... do you know Treit?"

Treit?

Who was Treit?

Was it a game?

A food?

A movie or a series?

Why was he asking her that?

"No... I don't understand, what do you mean?"

"Oh, you know. I mean Treit."

What is Treit!?

Again, as if her life depended on it, Emily searched in record time for anything related to Treit, but...

She found nothing.

Was this some kind of joke...?

"Hello? Is someone still there?" asked the man, puzzled.

"Yes, it's just that... I don't know your name," Emily responded, improvising.

"Oh, right. I'm Benjamin. Nice to meet you, Emily."

"Likewise."

"Wait, give me a few minutes. Someone wants to use the machine I'm using," Benjamin commented and started replying to someone who could be heard in the background.

Emily, focusing on listening better to that background voice, noticed that...

It was the voice of a girl!

And with all the years she had known Sheila, she was 99.99% sure that girl was not her.

Had Sheila started dating a bad boy?

Impossible!

Sheila had always been a distant woman, focused on her work, so... how did this Benjamin get her phone?

How...?

"Okay. Thanks for waiting, Emily," Benjamin said in a friendly tone, but for some reason, Emily found it very masculine.

His voice!

That bastard had a very good voice!

"Yes," responded Emily, trying to sound curt.

"So, about Treit..."

"Who is Treit?" Emily asked directly.

Benjamin let out a small chuckle.

"Sorry, I meant to say... Sheila."

This guy was awful!

He confused Sheila's name with some Treit!

Emily was annoyed, but she wanted to hear Benjamin's explanation.

Look, I set myself the personal challenge of updating this novel 1 time per week since May 21, 2023, and I failed.

As of today, this novel should have 44 chapters, but we are 16 chapters behind, so... from today on, there will be a new chapter every 1 or 2 days until we are up to date.

After that, the novel will be updated, again, on a weekly basis every Wednesday.

If you want to support, there's Patreon, but for the rest...

See you soon!

7