Chapter 22 – The message
127 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Thank you for your purchase."

"Thank you too, you did a good job"

Benjamin said as he put his phone back in his pocket.

"I have to attend to several matters, so I called my assistant to pick up your computer. It'll be here in 15 minutes. You know what to do, right?"

An even bigger smile appeared on Joel's face.

"Thank you very much!"

He seemed happier about that than the sale he had just made.

Laughing, Benjamin headed over to where Sheila was sitting, waiting for him.

With her arms crossed, she stood up when she saw Benjamin approaching.

She didn't look happy.

"It's like you ran into a ghost while I was gone. Did something happen?"

"No..."

"Treit..."

"I already told you, nothing did."

It was strange.

Why had her mood soured so much in just five minutes after he had given her his phone number?

Was she the type of person who got upset if left alone for a few minutes...?

Benjamin dismissed that possibility when he remembered that the first time they met, she was eating alone.

Then he recalled their second encounter and snapped his fingers as he found the answer.

She was hungry!

"Treit!"

"What? Why are you suddenly shouting? I'm right next to you..."

That response brought back memories for Benjamin.

It reminded him of Blortus's sister's attitude! And he already knew how to handle people like that.

He had a foolproof plan.

"Do you want to grab some lunch?"

Sheila looked away.

"Go for lunch...? Didn't we eat just a few hours ago...?"

They even seemed similar in the way they hid their intentions!

Although at first glance it was clear that Sheila disagreed, her left hand seemed a bit restless, and Benjamin noticed this.

"Yes, but I'm not sure if you checked the time. It's almost noon. Let's eat!"

Sheila was about to refuse his intentions, but before she knew it...

They were already at a restaurant inside the mall!

The restaurant they were heading to was an Italian one.

Benjamin ordered pasta with meatballs, and Sheila had ordered the same, but with various types of sauces.

While they waited for their food, Benjamin started the conversation.

"So, where does the name... Treit come from?"

Sheila looked at him puzzled.

"What? Is it... a fake name?"

"No, no"

Sheila quickly defended herself, but the truth was she couldn't come up with any excuse.

For a while now, her mind had been in the clouds due to a message she had received on her phone while waiting for Benjamin.

[I'm coming for you]

That was all the message said, and what troubled Sheila was that her sister hadn't sent it, although it was a possibility.

There was also the possibility that it was someone related to her family, or... someone connected to the person behind the elevator incident?

The technician's words still echoed in Sheila's mind.

‘How strange, this elevator never has accidents, did the maintenance team make a mistake?’

Those words bothered her a lot.

Too much!

"Did you order any alcohol to drink?"

Sheila asked, frowning.

Benjamin, on the other hand, understood that she changed the subject because she wasn't willing to give information on an empty stomach.

So, without thinking twice, he got up.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to ask for the drinks to be changed, I'll be right back."

Before Sheila could say anything else, he left to request the change.

He seemed determined, but that determination disappeared when a voice caught his attention.

"Ethan! Please... Can't you just do it?"

Although the restaurant was noisy, Benjamin could recognize that voice anywhere in the world.

That, and he had heard it not long ago.

It was Victoria.

Victoria was sitting at a table with her brother while he ate at a leisurely pace.

"Victoria, behave. Sit properly"

Ethan scolded, but she ignored him.

"I'll sit properly when you agree to go to the concert with me. You have to hear that band!"

"Don't shout..."

"Why are you so grumpy!? You're not like this, you..."

Turning her gaze, her eyes shifted and met Benjamin's.

"Benjamin! Please, help me convince this grouch"

8