Ch 4. A Model?
277 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

 

     “What? We should find her,” Luna said, starting to stand.

     “It's no use. She disappeared when I saw her,” Cass shook her head. “At least I know she’s honest and somewhere in the city.”

     “Well, I suppose we’ll have to keep an eye out,” Luna shrugged. 

     The two fell into an awkward silence. The waitress returned shortly and took their orders. Luna kept shooting Cass glances while fidgeting.

     “Ask the question,” Cass sighed.

     “How are you feeling?”

     “Ok, I guess? I don't feel bad or anything.”

     “No, I mean about being a girl.”

     “It feels, I don't know, normal, I guess? It feels like something is missing, though, and I suppose it is,” she grimaced. 

     “Like what, though? You are already beautiful. Combined with your natural intelligence, you’re the perfect catch for any man or woman.”

     “Like my little friend! Hopefully, I can find that woman and make her change me back.”

     Their conversation was cut off by the waitress returning with their food. The two of them ate, each lost in their thoughts. Cassandra’s mind worked through the last day. Her thoughts fell back to her dream. She had enjoyed it far more than she expected to. Just thinking back to it was starting to turn her on. When she began to get wet she wondered if her mind had been affected. 

     “That's an interesting face journey you just went on,” Luna smiled.

     “What?”

     “You had a few interesting expressions on your face. Mind filling me in?”

     Cass blushed and began relaying her dream. When she got to the part about the ball gag, Luna blushed too. 

     “So, in two days, you had two lucid dreams about sex?”

     “It's normal for guys,” she whispered.

     “Maybe, but that's still a little suspicious.” 

     “You think he was a succubus too?”

     “Incubus, but maybe.”

     “Incubus?” 

     “A male succubus.”

     “Why do you know that?”

     “I read a lot of web novels,” she said matter-of-factly. “Anyways, what I'm saying is I think someone’s targeting you.”

     “But why? I'm just a normal guy or girl now, I guess.”

     “I don’t know. In the stories, succubi would have sex with mortals to take their sexual energy or, in some cases, life energy. It's not usually enough to kill, though.”

     “That doesn't explain why I turned into a girl.”

     “Yea, I haven't read a story like that, and historical sources aren't much clearer.”

     “Historical sources?”

     Luna fidgeted in her seat. “When I went home last night. I began to look up everything I could about succubi. Most of what I found were erotic stories,” she blushed as she continued. “But the stuff that wasn’t didn't describe much. There was at least nothing about changing gender.”

     “Why me?” Cass asked. A single tear rolled down her face.

     “It was probably just bad luck,” Luna hugged the crying girl. “But until you can change back, you should try and make the best of this.”

     “How can I?”

     “It’s not every day that someone gets to be the opposite gender. I’ve thought about it before.”

     “Really?”

     “Yeah, I mean, I’ve seen boys around. A few girls would wonder what it's like. Boys are so rough and loud.

     “I know I’ve always hated … that…” Cass blurted before trailing off. Luna smiled knowingly. “What?”

     “Nothing,” she said, poking Cass in her side. “Are you sure you’re a boy?” she teased.

     Cass pouted at her and sighed. “I’m sure.”

     “We’ll see.”

     Cass grunted in annoyance. “Let's just get this thing with your father over with.” She pouted, folding her arms across her chest.

     They finished their lunch with occasional small talk. Luna continued to tease Cass about her behaviors. Cass, for her part, took it in stride, mostly. When they finished their brunch, the poor girl was a blushing mess. Luna overrode Cass’s objections and paid for their meal. When they climbed into Luna’s car, Cass regained her composure.

     “So what am I doing?” she asked when Luna started the car.

     “Daddy wants to get you into the studio and try taking some pictures. With your looks, you shouldn’t have any trouble getting accepted.”

     “Lulu, I don’t know…”

     “Please trust me, Cass. This is one of those times when you should go with the flow and experiment.”

     “I trust you, Lulu. Your father is the one that worries me. With the stories you’ve told me.”

     “Ok, I may have exaggerated a bit. But he is kind end gentle to the girls. He treats them like family.”

     “That’s good to hear,” Cass smiled.

     Their conversation ended when Luna turned into the driveway of an impressive building. It was four stories comprised mostly glass windows. Trees, planters filled with flowers, and extravagant fountains lined the driveway. A large sign on the building read Nightfall Artists Agency.

     “Nightfall?”

     “The girls picked it out. When the agency began to take off, he put it to a vote. And shortly after that, he began construction on this building.”

     “How many girls work here?” 

     “Right now about two hundred girls.”

     “Two hundred?”

     “Yea, it's been a crazy year.”

     “Wait a year?”

     Luna parked her car in front of a sign that read “Daddy's special little girl.” She cringed when Cass read the sign but chose not to say anything about it. Cass wondered why the parking lot was so distant from the building. They exited the car and started walking to the building, Luna wrapped her arm around Cass’s as they walked.

     “Yea, most of the girls are fairly new. After he signed Celeste the agency blew up. Celeste knew some girls, who knew some girls, and so on. She's been acting as a sort of den mother for them. Daddy gave her an executive position.”

     “That’s pretty impressive actually.”

     “Before construction, he asked for input from the girls and one thing they wanted was apartments in the office. So the whole fourth floor and part of the third floor is living space.”

     “You don't stay here?” 

     “The girls treat me differently. Not rude or anything. Just a bit wary. It’s probably because of my father.”

     “Being the daughter of the boss must be tough.”

     “Yea though, it doesn't feel like that is the reason.” Luna cut the conversation short as they reached the doors. Just before they entered Luna turned and grabbed Cass by the shoulder. “Listen, I know I said that Daddy would be the one to see you but Celeste ultimately has the final decision.”

     “Well, even if she rejects me, I’ll be fine.”

     “That's the spirit,” she smiled then opened the door. 

     The lobby was not what Cass was expecting. She had imagined marble floors, with another fountain and a lobby filled with desperate hopefuls looking to get their big break. What she saw instead was a humble lobby with a single modest desk. The lobby barely even went past the doors. 

     “Ah hello Miss Luna,” an attractive woman said happily from behind the desk. “Shall I inform Mr. D’teaur of your arrival?”

     “Please and thank you,” she smiled. 

     After a moment of waiting a pair of double doors opened and a pair of girls walked out, giggling and chatting with each other. Their conversation stopped when they spotted Luna.

     “Morning Miss Luna,” they said in unison, bowing slightly.

     “Morning Alice, Stephanie. How are you two doing?”

     “We’re good, Madame Celeste gave us the day off today so we’re going to do some shopping,” the girl on the left said. She was shorter than her friend by a few inches. Her chestnut brown hair flowed down her back and shoulders. She had piercing blue eyes and a cute smile that melted your heart. Her outfit was a nice blouse and skirt that paired well with her hair color.

     Her friend had fiery red hair, short and curly. It made her look wild and untamed, her eyes were an otherworldly shade of green and sparkled with mischief. She was wearing a band T-shirt and jean shorts. 

     “That's nice of her, where are you heading Alice?”

     “We’re heading to get something to eat and go look at some casual clothing,” the brown-haired girl, Alice, responded.

     “Well, you two have fun.”

     The girls bowed again then resumed walking to the door. When Luna turned her attention elsewhere they looked at Cass, smiled, then waved at her. She smiled and waved back when the doors opened again. Cass turned her attention to the newcomer.

     “Luna my dear, I hear you brought us a potential family member.” The woman said. If the girls before were conventionally attractive this woman exuded an ethereal beauty. She had jet-black hair which served to highlight her slightly pale skin. Her eyes were silver in appearance. She was wearing a tight black dress that ended just above her knees. And a pair of heels.

     “Hello, Miss Celeste. Yes, this is my friend Cassandra.”

     “She certainly is attractive,” Celeste said, eying Cass like she was an interesting bug. Or something to be collected. It made her feel uncomfortable to be sized up by this intimidating woman. “I was just on my way to see your father. I’d be happy to take her there myself.”

     “I have other business with my father. So if you do not mind I’ll accompany you.”

     “Very well,” she said, turning on her heel.

     The two girls followed Celeste as she walked to an elevator. She pressed the call button and the three of them waited. The air between them was awkward, Celeste kept glancing at Cass. Luna was staring at her phone. The elevator dinged as the doors opened. Celeste pushed the third floor button and they rode it up.

     “So Cassandra. Tell me, why do you want to join us?”

     “Well Lulu,” she cleared her throat, “Luna told me a lot about her father's agency and I guess it sounded fun. I’ve been sort of missing something lately.”

     “Well I promise if you can find it here my girls and I will do our best to help you.” The door opened and they walked up to a set of double doors. A name plaque on the door showed this was the office of Luna’s father. Celeste knocked on the door and opened it.

     “Ahh Madame welcome what brings you here?”

     “I heard there was a new hopeful and I wanted to see her for myself,” she stepped aside and brought Cass to the forefront. 

     “Ah welcome, I am Sebas D’teaur” his gaze fell on Cass. 

     “Luna, thank you for bringing her,” he said “Do you mind if Celeste and I speak to her privately?”

     She looked disappointed but exited the room.

     “Hello I am Cassandra,” she said with a nod.

     “Please have a seat,” he said gesturing to a chair in front of his desk. As Cass sat in the offered seat Celeste took her seat next to Sebas.

     “So tell me, why do you want to join my agency?” he asked, leaning forward.

     “Honestly, I'm here because of Luna. She told me I should consider a career in modeling or acting. It honestly does sound fun,” Cass said with a smile. She had been reluctant at first, but it seemed more enjoyable now. One of her favorite subjects in school was drama. And she had been debating making that her major. 

     “Have you had any interest before?” Celeste asked.

     “I took five years of drama through middle and high school. I enjoyed performing,” she responded. She didn't mention that what had turned her off from performing was the bullying. The other boys began to beat her up once one of them caught her leaving the afterschool meeting.

     “What did you enjoy most about that class?”

     Cass’s face lit up as she described the joy of acting. Putting on a different persona, captivating the audience with her performance. It also made her feel other things she couldn’t quite describe. The whole time she spoke Celeste stared at her thoughtfully. As she finished speaking the two people in front of her put their heads together. Cass waited in silence.

     “After some consideration, we have decided to accept you. Pending one request,” Sebas said.

     “Which is?” Cass asked nervously.

     “You must live here in the apartments, for two weeks you’ll be accompanied by one of the other girls. She’ll help you … adjust,” Celestine said folding her hands in her lap.

     “Can I have some time?”

     “Yes, I’ll give you the rest of the day,” Celeste said. Her tone worried Cass slightly. She turned and started talking to Sebas again, letting Cass know she was dismissed. She stood and bowed, Celeste grinned but pretended not to see her.

     “How’d it go?”

     “They accepted…” Cass began.

     “That’s great,” Luna interrupted excitedly. Wrapping her arms around Cass.

     “Except...”

     “Except what?”

     “I have to live here and be shadowed by some of the girls for two weeks.”

     “Are you going to do it?”

     “Honestly? I’d like to know where I'd be staying first.”

     “So let's do that,” she said. Cass tilted her head questioningly. “Let's go to the 4th floor.”

     “That could be fun…” Cass said hesitantly. 

     “Lets go then,” Luna said excitedly and dragged her to the elevator. 

     Cass watched nervously as Luna pressed the button for the fourth floor.

 

So I got a job, it might impact my ability to write for a bit as its a trucking job. I don't know yet whether I'll be able to take my computer in the truck. I've also been out of my meds for a bit now so I'm eager to get back on them. its made it hard to focus on writing.

8