Ch 7 Anne the Destroyer
63 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Currently, they already walk inside that special room, it was specially built to withstand ability users and was costly...

 

There are a few mannequins to test the ability user's destructive power, they have a few variations, from white paint, green paint, blue, then red.

 

Janet then starts to explain “This one was to test the ability user's range of power, there is no accurate measurement for an ability user that has a special ability, but for the common one humanity already has a standard measurement.”

 

“this one was to test destructive power, as long as one can make a dent in this white measure device they are eligible to be a novice Adventurer, this adventurer will be allowed to explore easy dungeons but needs to do so in teams, they are forbidden to do that alone as it was the same as suicide.”

 

“for this green one, if someone can make a dent in this mannequin, they will become an official adventurer that was allowed to enter medium difficulty dungeon”

 

“the blue one was designed for Advanced Adventurers and these people were allowed to enter hard-difficulty dungeons, the red one was for experts that can handle Hell Dungeon, the hardest difficulty for now.”

 

“of course, in general, monster power was related to dungeon size, but one must remember that the size of the dungeon can't always correspond with monster power, sometimes big dungeons only have weak monsters, and sometimes small dungeons were hell on earth! ”

 

“The only way to know about each dungeon's difficulty was to enter inside first as no device can transmit any data to the other side, the current device can only measure the scale of a dungeon by detecting a massive amount of mana being transmitted from dungeon entrance”

 

“Now let’s try to test your power!” Janet said this to Anne and so Anne start to walk toward a white mannequin.

 

Of course, she does not use her mace, as weapons can be a factor that affects the result, so she uses standard mace that designs to show the most power of each participant!

 

After she walked toward the white mannequin she hesitated a bit and ask “Did I need to pay if I broke this ?”

 

Hearing this Janet can’t say much as she doesn’t want to take any risk and look at Rose for approval, seeing this Rose nods at her, then Janet let Anne try!

 

Soon Anne starts to swing her mace!

 

And “Boom!” this white mannequin was destroyed to pieces… the girls' expression was a bit hard to describe… as it left many sizes mannequin parts and debris....

 

what's more, It was easy to make a dent but to destroy it like this? it was clear that this device was not for her!

 

So she jumps rank and tries to smack a blue one!

 

And not surprising she did make a large dent in it!

 

This time the one that shocked was not the girls but Anne herself….

 

Maybe it was her first time to meet something that can withstand her blow!

 

This result makes Cindy jump for joy! “Great! Sister you are powerful!! “ Cindy can't help but be excited as Anne was an advanced adventurer!

 

Only a large guild can contract this kind of people!

 

This was the first time Garen see his big sister Rose smile! Rose looks at Anne as she looks at the treasure!

 

Still, Garen say something “Uhum.. her damage was high but… she was not that durable…”

 

Before he even finished Cindy already cut in “It's fine! It was called balance… and it was normal! someone that has great destructive power tends to have lower defense and just like that, the one that has great defense usually can’t easily kill a chicken!” of course, Cindy did not say that the chicken will run far away already before being attacked by this type of people....

 

But realizing she exaggerates a bit she fixes her sentence “Uh well not really a chicken but anyway it means they have a weak damage to an enemy.”

 

Anne look at her boss and look a bit sad…

 

This may be because his word was harsh… “ uhum alright I am at fault here… can you equip her with something that durable?” Garen can't help but change their topic...

 

This time it was Rose who say something “Of course, it seems I need to delay this exploration for a few days more, I need to look for any suitable equipment for Anne.”

 

Garen nodded but hearing his sisters assigning a room for Anne made Garen don’t know what to say… he can’t say that he need to let her go inside his phone right? well, she needs to go inside his phone to work! but anyway it is not that important...

 

as it will still be the same, she needs to rest for one day so it is not a loss at all...

 

Garen comes back into his room to rest, this time he looks at his Gems, and he starts to count eating and testing Anne's power needs for around three hours so his gems are now 1400!

 

It was good to see his gems grow, now his current problem was will he sleep comfortably while holding his phone. maybe he can plaster his phone on his hand…

 

And he does that! Stuffing it in his pocket looks much more uncomfortable than this paster it in his hand...

 

So it was a long night for Garen! as he found out that he can’t sleep! Of course, he doesn’t know how many hours pass as he still closing his eyes trying to sleep...

 

After so long the world turns dark as he falls asleep, but soon there is a knock and a voice “Young master time to have breakfast!”

 

This makes him annoyed! But in the end, he sigh and woke up, then he look at his gems and found out it added 900 gems! it seems he needs to touch his phone from now on... whatever he does...

 

He stands up and pockets his phone and relaxes his hand a bit… as it was rather sore after all this time like that...

 

After that he comes out and walks toward the dining room, this time aside from the usual people, Anne is eating with them!

 

And it seems she enjoys her food!

 

“Anne eat slowly it's not like there is no more food!” Cindy talks to Anne as she thought that Anne never eats something as delicious as this!

 

“oh sorry… and thankyou… I had never eaten something like this before, it was so delicious!”

 

Hearing this Cindy starts to take pity on her “Don’t worry you can eat as much as you want from now on!”

 

Cindy even looks at his brother….

 

Garen sighed and shrugged his shoulder “Alright she will need to go back first…”

 

Hearing this Cindy says “Oh right I forgot she is a summoned creature…. brother you sure have a big mana reserve to make her able to stay here for a night! What's more, you still look fine after all of this, hum it was suspicious….” Cindy squints her big eyes...

 

Garen can only smile and not say anything, luckily as they are with Anne here, Rose is already active that button to make their communication much more secure so it guarantees that at least not all their conversation is being leaked out!

 

After eating he let Anne go back to her own ‘world’.

 

As for Garen ? he still does his routine to walk in the park and attend common knowledge class.

 

This time it talks about how to claim land…

 

“Young master if by any chance you can conquer a land outside the human territory in the future, what you need to do was to occupy it first by fighting the original owner and standing guard on it until your territory was stable enough and not being attacked again..., if that requirement fulfilled you can claim it as your land by sending a proof by using this item!”

 

Janet show him a tablet-like device that was much more sturdy looking, inside was a forum-like website.

 

Many topics were pinned but it was more like a declaration!

 

“I Rodagard conquer this land as my own!” the one that was on the top was someone that claim land, and not only a text but a video of the surroundings can be seen and even the map where he is!

 

“Young master just remember that when you proclaim like this there is still danger!

 

“the current rule has some kind of loophole, and it can't be fixed either.... when you proclaim a land it is not weird if suddenly a monster wave comes and kill you! what more do you need to stand guard for a week it was a long time... and that's why many people that can claim land try to look for backers as soon as possible!”

 

“If some big nations are interested enough in your land and you agree with their condition, they can even send reinforcement! this will ensure your success defending that land!”

 

“but there is another problem, if there are small nations near your territory, well it's not weird if there are accidents and a few days later unknown people try to claim that land…”

 

“Still someone that can conquer a land was not weak, they usually have their backing from the start or they are really powerful and have their own force”

 

“you need to know this because humanity encourages this and this was mandatory in school… now let’s start with the real basic common knowledge and it is related to your family situation.”

 

Janet continue to explain what drove this society, and it was the dungeon business, any related business connecting to a dungeon and monster made so much profit!

 

Silver Corporation was his Family corporation, they are the biggest corporation that operates on crafting equipment for the adventurer in this city!

 

It was the main business that was left behind by their parents and only after Rose take care of this business did she slowly develop people and want to conquer the dungeon itself!

 

It can be called expanding as to make adventurer equipment one needs monster material and this material can be found in the dungeon and monsters keep spawning over there so it is almost unlimited, of course with high risk.

 

Many people try to speculate as to why they keep spawning in this so-called dungeon, some say it was because of the mana that start to condense this monster, and some say that it was because they are pulled there by some kind of force.

 

Humanity still doesn’t know any specific reason but it was more important to survive first!

2