Chapter 13
182 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            We went out from the temple, where I saw Adel lend her ear to Lady Octavi, and they exchanged some words that I didn’t hear..After the word exchanged, their faces looked and nodded at each other. Suddenly Adel ran to the carriage's direction alone, while Lady Octavi carried me walking to that direction. Somehow I was impressed by Adel, with that long skirt she could run so fast without getting slip from his skirt..

            Being carried in her hands like a bridal carry or princess carry was so embarrassing, all people’s eyes were towards us especially with some blood in my gown. Some people were shocked, surprised, confused, and pitied about me. We just kept walking toward the carriage’s direction, I saw Lady Octavi’s face, her expression showed no emotion.

            …

            All of a sudden, I spotted Adel in the distance, she was riding a horse. After some moments, there were the carriage and 2 guards riding horses beside the carriage,  following the carriage. After we spotted her, Lady Octavi stopped and seemed to wait for her, than walked towards her. Well it was more embarrassing than walking, more being seen by pedestrians. Finally the carriage was in front of us, and more people were surprised. Before I was taken inside the carriage, I heard a little conversation from people around us. 

            They were talking about me, “Is that the duke's daughter?” “So she is one of the Aurelius Family..”

            Lady Octavi laid me down to the couch of the carriage. After I was inside the carriage, I thought it would immediately go, but still I saw Lady Octavia talk with the 2 guards. Inside of the carriage, I was still laying down. And I heard the door closed beside my head, my head being lifted by Lady Octavi, and she took a seat with my head in her lap. I saw her knock the wall between the coachman, and immediately the carriage went off at a faster pace than our departure from home to the city.

            On the way…I asked her.

            “What had you talked about with the 2 guards before?”

            “We just had a short brief about the situation, my lady..”

            “And I saw your horse, Adel is the one who is riding it…I don’t know she can ride a horse with that clothes..”

            “She can do anything, that's why she is your personal maid.…”

            “Maybe I will try to learn how to ride a horse..”

            “Why out of the blue did my lady have thought about that?”

            “If my maid can do that, it makes me want to do it, so I don’t feel pointless about it..”

            “It’s…great..my lady has that spirit…”

            … 

            “How about the little two, are they alright if we leave first?”

            “Well, I believe Adel took care of that, like madam ordered...and my lady can take a rest…” After that I took a short rest..

            …

            ..

            .

            Unexpectedly, I felt a hand shake my body while I took a rest..I slowly opened my eyes, and Lady Octavi said.

            “We will arrive at the front gate, my lady…”

            “That fast…”

            We arrived at the front gate, and passed it through. After some moments of passing the front entrance, we arrived in front of home. 

            “My lady, let me carry you to the bed!”

            “Ehhh, I can walk with myself..”

            “It’s better if I carry you like the madam said..”
            “*sigh* alright then..”

            She immediately stuck out her left hand toward the back of my thighs, while her right hand was on my back…after that she lifted me up like it was nothing, while she was still sitting..The door of the carriage was opened from outside, and she stood up with me being carried in front of her, while Adel was preparing a small stair for the carriage, the stair was from behind the carriage, it was stored in there..We came out from the carriage..

            I saw in front of us, there were some servants and guards who were waiting for us, and among them, there was Sofia. Lady Octavi walked down the stairs, after she stepped on the ground, immediately Sofia went to us..

            “Are you alright, my lady?” With worry, Sofia asked.

            “I’m alright..” I simply answered.

            Lady Octavi said “Forgive me, it’s better for my lady to clean all of this and go to the bed, so you can freely examine her..” 

            “Yes..yes…that’s great..” Sofia answered..

            We walked toward the inside of the home with Adel in front of us and Sofia followed behind..We kept walking to the bathroom..When we arrived at the bathroom, there were some servants who were already in there. I saw Sofia leave us alone…Lady Octavia put me to sit on the stool, and immediately all the servants in there including Adel undressed me. After that Lady Octavia lifted me again, put me in the bathtub, and she left the room. The servants started to wash and clean me, from tip of toe until the tip of my hair. My whole body and the bathtub were full of soap foam…After it was done, they put me back on the stool. There, they were drying me with a towel, and dressed me back with a clean white pajama…Without notice, without signal, without a sign, Lady Octavi came into the bathroom again when I was done with everything..

            She carried me again, and now walked toward my bedroom with Adel following us. Arriving in the bedroom, I saw Sofia was waiting inside, Lady Octavi laid me down on the bed, after that I saw her exchange some words with Sofia. While exchanging words, I saw Sofia's expression of guilt and worry. It was depicted by her hand gesture, her face was faced down with her hand gripped hard, at some point she covered her face with her hands.. They were done, and Sofia walked beside the bed, while Lady Octavi and Adel were standing in front of the bed. 

           And out of the blue, she kneeled beside the bed “I AM APOLOGIZE, MY LADY!!” she said it out loud, she reached my left hand, and held it tight “This lowly is the one who caused all of this, please forgive this lowly life, my lady!”

            I was more confused about it “Before you apologize for something, can you care to explain it to me? I don’t catch anything from your words.”

            “Right, my lady…Honestly I didn’t know if something like this would happen toward you…As physician of this family, I try my best to find a great solution or cure for this family…and my lady’s case is so different from other cases in this lowly experience…and after I heard that there was a voice emitting in your head while sleeping, and said ‘mortal’...I was hasten toward the temple library and asked the people in there about your case…they said to bring you to the temple for make sure…after that I tried to convince his grace and madam…at first time, his grace was convinced, but madam found it ludicrous…after some time from his grace convincing, finally madam agreed…so all of this is coming from this lowly, it is my fault and my incompetency for this family physician..” She said while her face was struggling to look at me..

            “So all of this is your idea, Sofia?”

            “Y..e…sss”

            “It seems people around me are so interested in my dream, can you care to explain it to me?”

            “Sure..my..lady…like I had explained to you, dreams are coming from our memories, psychology, and sound around us, but that explains just for enhypnia…”

            “What is that?”
            “Enhypnia or called uninteresting dream is a dream of our habits, our memories, or our feelings…Like people who are hungry or thirsty will dream about eating a lot of food or drinking a lot of water..and someone who overstuffed with that will dream about they are vomiting or choking, if someone has a lover will dream him with his beloved one, but sometimes he will receive dream of his beloved one with someone else because his fear of his beloved one left him…So that’s Enhypnia….

            “I see…is there any beside it?”

            “Yes, it is Oneiroi…it is a dream that predicts the future…there are 2 methods to know of this dream..the first one is theorematic Oneiroi, a method where a dream that predicts like the dream shown, for example a dream of being shipwrecked mean that you will experience a shipwreck…The second one is allegorical Oneiroi, a method where a dream that predicts have some kind of meaning in different way, for example a dream of being shipwrecked can be mean that you will be released from bondage or released from slavery.”

            “So, a dream from the other day that I have experienced has some kind of meaning..”

            “It can be…”

            “But how should a temple resolve this problem?”

            “The voice emitting while you were sleeping, was a sign of something else…Honestly I don’t believe that sort of thing…”

            “What you mean?”
            “I believe a dream is not given by divine things or gods…but my lack of knowledge about what had happened towards my lady, so I went to the temple..”

            “I see, now I understand some of it…and I am alright right now, there is nothing for you to examine me…you may take a leave…”

            “But…my lady, do you forgive me?”

            “Yes, I am…”

            She stood up, and walked toward the door. After she left the room, Aldea turned to come towards me and said to take a rest for me..and they left the room…I took a rest…

            …..

            ….

            …

            After some rest, I was woken up by Adel, and she said it was dinner time…Immediately I went to the dining room with pajamas. In the dining room, I was surprised, because there were only the little two sitting on their seats, the seats of father and mother were absent, maybe because of what had happened today. I took a seat in my seat, after I sat in my seat, Adel suddenly clapped, and some servants came out with some food. I saw Adel acting on behalf of my father who was absent in the dining room. I noticed that the little two were quieter in the dining room than usual, maybe the absence of our parents in the dining room made them quiet. They were eating the food faster than usual, and they finished it before me. They left the table and the dining room without saying a single word, while I was still eating my food.

            After I finished my food, I left the dining room…on the way to my room, I noticed the little two were standing in front of our parents bedroom…The master bedroom for our parents was on the first floor. I was watching them from a distance with Adel beside me. They knocked on the door, and there was no sign from inside of the room.Their maids seemed to have said something to them, made them walk away from the room, and walked toward us. I tried to hide with Adel behind some ornaments of the hallway, after that they passed us. I kept following them with Adel. 

            They went to the third floor, and went to one of the hallways, where there were 2 doors facing each other. I saw Ophelia and Aurelio standing in front of each of the doors. They knocked on the doors at the same time..After some moments, there was a sign from both doors, and the door was opened..Surprisingly, the door that Aurelio knocked was opened by mother, and the door that Ophelia knocked by father, because the door was facing each other, father and mother’s eyes were meeting each other. I saw their expressions that seemed to dislike each other, and hustle up to make Aurelio and Ophelia come inside their room..While their maids left them and walked away..

            I found no word from that event, so I went back to my room. On the way to the room.

            I asked Adel “Why is mother and father on the third floor and in those rooms?”

            “Those rooms are for his grace and madam…sometimes when they were in a quarrel, they usually used those rooms to clear their minds..”

            “So the little two are trying to make their relationship better….Hope they are going well..”

            After I arrived in my room, I immediately continued my rest in the bed, and Adel went back to the room beside my room. 

 

16